youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY
>List your uses e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors include purpose & graphics pairing
>NO Speccy or "bottleneck checkers"

CPUs
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming
>R3 2200G - Light 30-60fps gaming(dGPU optional). 2400G if you want a CPU which can last into a GPU upgrade
>R5 2600/X - Good 60fps+ gaming & multithreaded use
>R7 2700/X - If on sale for HEDT or home server usage
>R7 3800/X - Best for gaming, launching 7/7
>R9 3900X - Budget HEDT, launching 7/7
>Threadripper - HEDT

>Intel CPUs are now defunct. Even used i7 workstations are no longer worthwhile due to vulnerabilities and performance regression
>You may want to wait to buy an X570 board even for a sale price 2600/X, for future upgrades. B550 boards will likely launch in August

RAM
>NEVER use only a single stick
>8GB - very light use, and/or if you don't mind closing programs regularly
>16GB - standard amount. If you have to ask if you need more, you don't
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2800MHz+ is ideal. Check "more" for true latency formula

Graphics cards
1080p
>RX 570/580 - value.
>1660 - Slightly better perf for more demanding games on high/maxed 60fps+
> 1660Ti / Vega56 - higher framerates
1440p (WQHD)
>used 1070Ti / Vega - 60-120fps+ in most games on high/maxed
>Above Vega offers progressively poorer and poorer value. Wait for the RX 5000 series
2160p (4k)
>Wait for RX 5000 series

Other
>Consider a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & HDD
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard
>PLAN BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING

rentry.co/pcbg-more

Prev

Attached: chipset fan.jpg (480x480, 60K)

Other urls found in this thread:

techpowerup.com/reviews/CoolerMaster/VSM750/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Other
>Consider a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & HDD

Remeber to also consider a larger SSD because durability will be better, especially if you're getting a DRAMless SSD.

Not to mention HDDs are audible regardless of the amount of noise dampening around them.
SSD storage is ideal for a perfectly inaudible autism station. And consider an HDD external dock for long-term archival.

When will the next gen of SSDs come out, like the 1070 Evo? I don't wanna get jewed, I'd rather wait.

I mean an NVMe will be just as fast right now compared to a next gen one

Does speed even matter beyond boot times?
The 500Mb/s you get from SATA SSDs are already perfect for home use as far as I'm concerned.

This, I want a 5 second boot time SSD

Get a 21" for under $100. If your not even gonna use it that often why get an expensive 27"?

Buy Intel retards

When placing my AMD 2600X stock cooler I kinda fucked up a bit and placed it off-center, so I lifted it up (causing the pre-applied paste to get a bit stirred and smeared) and placed it down again.

This doesn't matter right? M-my pc won't explode now r-right?

1070 for 250 bucks now or wait for Navi?

No, you are fine.

Attached: uiharu5.jpg (210x240, 19K)

Wait for Navi and then keep waiting

Attached: 1461280290355.jpg (500x433, 80K)

Is something wrong with my airflow or what gives?
Whenever I remove my sidepanel temps drop 10-15c.
Currently CPU runs 70c while stress testing and without the panel around 55-60c.

what do i, as a gamer, get from PCIe 4.0 ?

Yeah, I'd recommend at least 300TBW for a main drive of at least 500GB, as once you have at least 500GB you'll be installing what you use a lot onto it and moving things around.
I've used 70TBW in 2 years myself. Those 100-200TBW drives are not enough.
I don't think 500GB is worth it at all unless you're absolutely sure that's all you'll use.

7/7, 5GB/s NVMe are coming.
An SSD faster than 550MB/s doesn't affect boot and load times. How is this not common knowledge when it's been said every /pcbg/ thread for 2+ years?

Why the hell would you pay $250 for a 1070? Vega56 is about 15-20% faster for the same price and actually has DX12, Vulkan, HDR, etc support.

You need more intake.

Likely nothing except that you can power a high end GPU on x4 and have lanes left over for other things.

Attached: crystalbigdickmark.png (902x768, 781K)

Do I need to buy RAM that says Ryzen in the title? Or is can I just buy whatever because AMD has far better compatibility then the 1000 series?

>You need more intake.
So the fans I have right now won't do the job?
Corsair Air Series AF120 Quiet edition

>$250 vega 56
Oh it's that guy that pulls numbers out of his ass again

so should i just get a x470, or even a good b450 board ? (i dont plan to OC anything, planning to get a 3700x)

>not Shizuku Edition

Attached: shizuku a cute.png (808x690, 480K)

What's up guys? What's the news on AMD?

idk or you have too much exhaust compared to intake.
Side panel off shouldn't be making a 15C difference.

idk wait for benchmarks. X470 boards should be cheaper when X570 launches, anyway.
Alternatively, wait for B550 boards.

go away

Thoughts on various motherboard sizes?

My current PC is mITX and it can be a real hassle. ATX looks huge but I hear mATX is dead.

Attached: FS122OG_195970_750x750.jpg (750x750, 88K)

They have the upper hand now which means we AMDrones won an imaginary battle against literally nobody since there are no Intelfags anywhere on Jow Forums.

>idk or you have too much exhaust compared to intake.
Well I have two front fans that take in air and 2 fans at the top that exhausts and one fan at the back that exhausts.
My CPU cooler has two fans that take in air.
The case fans are the ones I mentioned earlier.

Corsair Air Series AF120 Quiet edition
While the CPU fans are
Noctua NF-P12 redux-1700

mATX is ideal but not supported by enough case manufacturers even though it's the ideal size.

Full ATX only became popular due to people's stupidity (and due to needing different expansion slot types and having bad onboard audio in the past)

>since there are no Intelfags anywhere on Jow Forums.
There's literally that guy who keeps ban evading to spam for intel.
It's just one guy, but he acts like multiple people and is prevalent as a result.

You should have more intake than exhaust, as I said. You just said you have more exhaust than intake there.

So you suggest 1)?
I am currently running 2).

Attached: fan_setup.jpg (1579x700, 55K)

What's with retarded cases these days and a lack of bottom fans?
Anyway, have the rear be intake or have the front-top be intake.

Okay, well the rear fan could be intake but won't it bother the fans on the CPU that is taking in air fron the front and pushing it back?

You can rotate CPU fan to blow up, or have it blow forward.
top-front as intake is probably going to be better, though. You'll just have to try and see.

Alright, should mention I have a mesh dustfilter at the top of the case.

hey guys i really want to play csgo and im building a rig, mid-range maybe around 800-1000 usd? do i focus on cpu or gpu? do i get intel? or ryzen?

you could try uping the rpm of the front fans

Use 2 but either disable both top fans or just keep the one closest to the rear so you have 2 in 2 out.

Then add a third for front intake if possible

?

Will do, should I lower the back and top then or keep them at default 30%?
Okay

Positive pressure is usually best (more in then out), but you can change things around with better fans or fan speeds if you prefer
Ultimately there's only so much you can do

I cant find V56s for 250, I can find plenty 1070s for that price and even lower

The 2 games it comes with you sell for $50 which is essentially a rebate making it $250.

i have an old laptop with windows 10 upgraded from windows 7. im buiding my PC now, how do i get that licence on this?

just get an intel cpu and 1050ti.

Okay thats retarded.

>2160p (4k)
>Wait for RX 5000 series

Why wouldn't you get a 2080Ti? The RX 5000 won't have any raytracing ability.

You can't transfer an upgrade license. Just get a 10$ new one from ebay.

>Raytracing at 4k
Good luck with that pal

so what's the biggest difference between x570 and x470? should i get an x470 alongside my 3700x?

better PCBs, better mosfets
possibly better memory OC, OC and/or longevity

Fair point, but at least you could turn raytracing on for say 1440p.

>falling for the raytracing meme

Attached: wjs.png (840x854, 412K)

from what I gather if you're not going to be OCing hard then just get a x470 or b450

Never thought I'd say this about a wojak picture, but this is great.

My entire C drive only consists of 100GB. Because of this, I'm looking at getting a ~500GB or something. I was looking at a few 1TB SSD's, just because they're not too bad, but for now I'm looking at a ~500GB drive, and if I ever need more storage I'll probably just go full SSD.
I live in a shithole third world country (Australia), so prices are fucky. Shipping is included in all the prices incase they look shit. AUD is fucking fucked.
>crucial p1 500GB for $100 AUD / ~$70 USD
>crucial mx500 500GB / adata su800 512GB for $115 AUD / ~$80 USD
>xpg sx8200 pro 512GB for $125 AUD / ~$85 USD
>samsung qvo 1TB for $170 AUD / ~$120 USD
>crucial mx500 1TB for $180 AUD / ~$125 USD

OP is retarded and doesn't know Navi is for midrange only. Certainly not 4K with good settings and fps. 1440p at best but even then not ideal.

Is this a good build?

>Ryzen 7 2700X
>Samsung 860 EVO 500GB
>Corsair 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3200Mhz CL16 Vengeance LPX Black
>ASUS ROG STRIX X470-F GAMING
>be quiet! Pure Base 600 Black
>Corsair TX650M 650W

Should I choose another mobo or case?
I already have a GPU and a monitor (U2515H).
I don't care about waiting for the 3700. I need a new computer now and if I ever want to upgrade then I'll do it in a year or two.

Music production (FL Studio + Ableton) and light gaming (Minecraft, GTA V, whatever).

There's no reason to settle for SATA III SSD's when you have a perfectly good M.2 drive that can be filled by a cheaper and faster NVMe alternate. Why the fuck would you get the MX500 over the P1?

congratulations, you chose the wrong platform for the only two applications it's really not good at. Music production is intel territory as is GTA V. Go back a few threads, this comes up regularly. Minecraft should be fine though.
If you have a shitty GPU though and can live with the worse music production ability you can go ahead with it though, the componens themselves fit together nicely.

I'll be real with you and say that I only have a 250GB HDD as my C drive. I have a 750GB HDD for extra shit, which I'll probably keep using, but I'm new to SSD's, so I thought I might as well ask here since you nerds are smarter than me.
Does it really matter that I wouldn't be doing anything overly intensive?
Is there anything I should be aware of when it comes to SSD's?
I'm aware that I'll need to dig into the box of PC accessories I have to dig out the M.2 screw, but I don't know shit beyond that.
I feel autistic for asking any of this.

My pc just dieded
Do i wait for new amd products

Huh.

When I've asked around if the 2700X is good for music production, people have told me that it is and that they haven't had any problems working with big projects.

And I will be using a I have a 980.
I won't be playing GTA V on ultra settings at 1440p.

Yes, Intel is going to be fucked by more security patches and it's less than two months for Ryzen 3000.

It's fine, I'm just being an asshole because of sleep deprivation. If both of those drives are 7200RPM, then get the P1 and use it as your boot drive and install location for multiplayer games, other shit can land into your 750GB and your leftover 100GB.
>Does it really matter that I wouldn't be doing anything overly intensive?
No it won't matter, SSD's are the new medium of storage. Once they drop to HDD prices is when HDD's become obsolete, given that 1TB and 2TB HDD's already cost the same.
You're fine.

nah you're good
cases have too many holes around
this is a placebo issue

what do you think about this build:
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3200MHz
Nanoxia 600060300 Deep Silence 3
Asus ROG-Strix-RTX2060-O6G-Gaming
Samsung MZ-76E500B/EU SSD 860 EVO 500 GB

i could also use some recommendations on monitors and keyboards if possible. currently looking at something in the price range of:
BenQ GL2580HM
or
Asus VS248HR
are these two good (buying two monitors at once)

what's ur cpu?

will probably go for one of the new ryzens once they come out, else just ryzen 2700x or something

Looks good and reasonable. Go for it.

nice trips and yeah, it's a decent build. are you in a rush to get it? might wanna wait for navi?

not particularly in a rush to get it, i can wait till the end of summer, when will navi be out?
also got any recommendation on the monitors?
also: will a 450w psu be sufficient to power all of this?

>corsair doesn't include any straight-end SATA cable with their PSUs
thanks a lot

Attached: 20190601_031535.jpg (1000x1778, 886K)

>when will navi be out?
most likely post E3. as for the monitor, it depends on what you're using it for. just get a 600+w psu.

I'd recommend going with a WD Blue SSD and the MSI Ventus OC version of the 2060, maybe also some cheaper RAM if it's an option, like G.Skill Ripjaws V.
Could bump you up to a higher CPU tier or maybe a better case, yours honestly is kinda meh.
Be Quiet! makes good noise reducing cases, the R6 from Fractal Design is also nice for that.
My personal recommendation is the Meshify C if noise cancelling isn't really that important tho, it has really nice thermals and really good cable management options.
NZXT cases seem neat as well, but i don't have any personal experience with them.

>Ryzen shill edition

July 7, same as Zen2

Are you seriously trying to defend buying intel in 2019?
I get buyer's remorse is a bitch but come on, there's no need to try and trick others into the same sorry situation.

techpowerup.com/reviews/CoolerMaster/VSM750/
Planning on getting this PSU for $70.
Its brand new in the box. The guy rma'd it so it's got 4 years warranty left.
PsU heirachy rates it at the top of tier 2

Attached: V750S_banner1.jpg (650x268, 66K)

I don't dislike Intel, but come on, what reason is there to buy anything from them right now?
Only reason i could possibly see someone going with them is if they NEED a PC right now, money isn't an issue and they just want the best performance available atm, in which case they should get a 9900K.

And AMD shill edition
Should have proper reccomendations for 1440p and 4K. Navi is mid range and only 'targets' 2070 performance
4K is Vega 64 or 2080-2080Ti

Vega 64 isn't in 2080 tier lol

Oh. Meant to ask if it's a good deal? Am I setting myself up.
Technically it's $50 cause Americans don't have import tax(south African).

Attached: IMG-20190601-WA0001.jpg (768x1280, 104K)

idk bout the msi ventus oc i tried going for a silent(ish) build with this one and ive done some research and supposedly the asus is quieter.
as for the ram: where i come from the gskill ripjaws are about 10€ more than the corsair vengeance
about the case: im actually not that good with cases and dont know which will suit my needs best but since nanoxia just costs 72€ for a good noisecancelling performance and decent enough airflow i thought id go with that. which one would you choose for less than 100€ thats also somewhat silent?

Imagine the Athlon 300GE

Is it confirmed which SKU's are being released with the initial Zen2 launch?
I've seen 3700X/3800X/3900X rumoured, but are the lower end models being launched anytime soon, or at the very least, being confirmed?

I want to pick up the next gen ryzen but I'll be damned if I can find a motherboard that isn't a piece of dogshit. All I fucking need is two m.2 sata slots, an intel gigabit NIC, and good enough VRMs to allow me to overclock to 5GHz (if it's possible on Ryzen 2). Why the FUCK is this so hard to find?

Attached: OMG.jpg (153x154, 9K)

3600-3900X come first

Yes but it's the best AMD offers for 4K. 2080 or better still, 2080Ti are preferable.

monitor should be used to do medium gaming and music production workload (and office stuff)

you might need more exhaust, more intake, or more airflow, period. without knowing your exact setup (case, fans, fan placement, fan speeds, etc) it's impossible to know.

are you looking for high refresh or are you ok with just 60? you could have a 144/60 split if you're getting 2 monitors

Silent Base 601 from Be Quiet! would be my choice for $100 then, it has decent mid tier thermals and pretty good noise levels, while also looking nice and having comfy cable management options.
Maybe consider getting an additional intake fan though, getting one that matches the one already in the case should only cost about $10.

buy something from a reputable brand and you'll be fine.

Will B550 mobos have to have active cooling as well? Fans on motherboards is one thing I hoped would never return. In the past, those fans tended to be way too brittle for my tastes.

>more exhaust
Bad meme, exhaust fans basically just direct where the air exits, you don't need or want a ton of them. The air exits one way or another.

How does b450 chipset works on overclocking 2gen ryzen? i want to upgrade from sandy bridge but im a poorfag. I intent to get ryzen 1600/2600

I'm imagining it still using Vega IGP personally, where they may change over to Navi for a 400GE. I feel like a 300GE would still be reasonable uplift over the 200GE in that case. Autistic speculation incoming.
>3.5GHz dual core with SMT
>2933MHz DDR4 IMC
>4 CU Vega IGP @ 1100MHz
Hopefully I'm wrong and it is Navi.

60 would be enough and i dont think my budget is sufficient for 144/60. but maybe im willing to toss in some more money, which monitor would you recommend for 144?

thanks, i think ill go for that recommendation

Really?

IF they have Gen4 at all, it will be only on 1x16 slot and 1x m.2. Shouldn't need the extra cooling just for that, but I have serious doubt they will even use gen4 given the current costs to implement it.

ZOWIE XL2430. this is 1080p tho.