DELETE IT ALL

You don't need all those files.
You don't need reliable storage media if you don't hoard files.
You don't need (((cloud))) storage if you don't hoard files.
Most of your files, you will never open them again. Just delid them. Hoarding is an abhorrend animal insctinct.

Attached: 1559390271179.png (411x410, 212K)

I need nikita bellucci's moans for the cold winters ahead.

Hoarding isnt an abhorrent instinct in any scenario outside of modern civilization. It wouldve served well in other times, presuming you had a actual home and weren't nomadic.

Actually you hoarders are doing worse than the animals. Animals hoard mostly food. Food has value. Most of your files don't have any value at all.

>3DPD
Into the trash it goes

Attached: 1551649795842.jpg (914x545, 147K)

You said hoarding is an abhorrent instinct, that is what I was responding to, that statement. do not shift the goalposts.

What about the files that bring joy?

You thanks them for their service and trash them.

There are no files that bring joy. There are files that brought joy. You are never going to use them again. They are wasted space.

Yes, go hoard your garbage.

Eat my ass. I just installed 2 more 4TB WD Reds in my storage server.

They inspire joy, though.

Why is it abhorrent? I have a 4TB drive which takes up less than 0.01% of my home's space, who cares how the bits are flipped.

I could delete it but I won't. Unlike actual hoarding it doesn't waste much space, costs very little, and is easy to relocate. It gives me something to tinker with. Finally, I don't have sex and there are certain videos that work best for me but are often taken down by DMCA.

>has to replace disks before they fail or as they fail
>they don't make that exact model anymore
>they make a newer shittier version that breaks sooner
>as video size increases from HD to 4k to 8k to Nk you need larger and larger drives
>the larger the drive the less reliable
>the larger the file, the lower the transfer speed
>but the fastest drives are the less reliable
>has to backup regularly
>has to patch the firmware/software of the server for "security" updates
>needs a power source that doesn't fry the thing
Is all this work justified?

No.

Attached: 1542471726507.jpg (800x1150, 162K)

;_;

If people hoarded more there wouldn't have been a Greek dark age or the mid 2060s solar flare dusk age

Honestly not true at all. I'm always happy to have my media archive around and installers for all the pirated software I use. Hard drives are cheap and organizing data takes less time than finding it again online if you delete it.

I was like you.
I lost most of my data of years in a Caviar black that failed while in warranty. A trove of emulators, roms, pirated software, legal windows with license downloaded from uni, movies, programs I made when young, etc
Suddenly I realized I didn't need those files at all.

how do I get smol Marie Kondo gf

Attached: someday never comes.png (850x1100, 150K)

>retards in needs of manuals to throw stuff away
Let me just gloat about how I always read those books in the end.

It's not full of bullshit. I delete things I'm never going to watch or listen to or read again. I delete software I don't use anymore. Organizing and culling useless data isn't a hard job if you're not overly sentimental. Having a store of data costs me almost nothing. It's a net time save and I'm glad to have it every day.

I did that.

I realized any importantant information in my life is located either in:
a) physical documents in my "important" drawer in the house
b) in my head (passwords)
c) webmail

So I did it and formatted the external harddrives, phone, laptop, both PCs the same day. No backups.

I have more space now and that's about it.

>No backups
THIS

mirror of my RAID

Attached: Screenshot_2019-06-01_15-48-30.png (257x534, 21K)

Hoard a lot and she will come to help clean up your house.

Attached: c2fdd6221e207f9a97a2c4a1bb41db31.jpg (439x500, 48K)