Damn intel is getting destroyed from every direction

Damn intel is getting destroyed from every direction

Qualcomm's Snapdragon 8cx smashes Intel Core i5 in new PCMark10 benchmarks

windowscentral.com/snapdragon-8cx-benchmarks

Attached: 324_678x452.png (678x283, 90K)

>ARM
my body is ready, x86 replacement is long overdue

>U
it's fucking nothing

>better performance
>double battery life
>it's nothing
ayy

It could even 10x performance and battery life for what I care. I don't buy devices with U Intel processors.

yeah well this isn't about what you buy, intel is still getting fucked

Mobile segment was their last foothold. Glad to see them btfo eternally.

Now, what about real performance? What are ARM basic instructions?

It will kill the celeron-pentium line though.

>Emulated on ARM
>Native on Intlel.
>Snapdragon won

What the fuck Intel. I wish we could get high performance modern ARM cores with good Linux support.

based china destroying intel with advanced tech

>U

Attached: Steve Whoreking.jpg (768x800, 94K)

They're not better at everything, but they're good enough for running unintensive applications. ARM cores in general have gotten way wider, upcoming A77 is pretty insane.
Dev boards basically are turning into viable small desktops.

>intels last market segment is being smashed
>seriously faggot

Performance doesn't matter

What's the Coreboot / libre firmware status of ARM phones and tablets?

I don't really like Android, but it's something we could build on. Maybe phones aren't a total dead end after all.

I'm not sure about Coreboot, but specific phone vendors all implement various ways to try and lock down their devices. Thats a manufacturer issue though, not an SoC issue generally. Most all ARM Dev boards its easy to put Ubuntu ARM or Debian ARM in a couple easy steps.

>I don't buy
Listen to this guy he's the 100% of mobile PC market lmao retarded nigger

now if only linux didn't perform like absolute dogshit on arm

>intel losing server wars to amd
>intel losing mobile/tablet wars to ARM
>intel losing gayming wars to amd

>Chinks actually believe that Intel will go under
(lol

Imagine being this retarded

android.

good luck playing a youtube video running any linux distro on some shit arm processor

Qualcomm is an American company, you clueless tourists. Now return to your cesspool .

Attached: 1432724756686s.jpg (250x241, 7K)

What people often forgot is that yes, intel is big, but that also means that they habe high costs they need to feed.

If intel decides to make their respective cpu the same price as amd, investors will fuck the higher ups into triple nirvana with lolsuits all over the place. Even the slightest fallback on money is a big nono

Call me ARM can do something on the desktop.
Also call me when all of my software can be completely emulated by ARM with almost no performance loss

This, isn't current x86 emulation on ARM limited to 32-bit windoes XP-era software?

Let me know when they become powerful enough to play two sound sources at once or play music and record video at the same time then we can talk.

This isn't true, the first Nehalems were cheaper than the last batch of Core2Quads.

The Wccf leaks also show that there is zero movement in price for the upcoming Comet Lake CPUs.

The solution is not emulation but recompilation. ARM can run every thing you throw at it provided the software is recompiled for the architecture.

If they can manage that, then I'm all for it.
Eyeing that 3900x as possibly my last upgrade for a while unless AMD goes 3D stacking with Zen3/4.

Im talking about now, and i ngeneral, not only 1 iteration.

And that pricewise there will be no movement from israeltel downwarts is my point.

That's nice, but those will be some expensive Win32 machines