/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget, and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker
frequencycheck.com
willmyphonework.net

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/sQbs83pY

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: akrales_180531_2598_0061.0.jpg (1200x800, 343K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_m30-9505.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Which apps should I remove when debloating the Redmi Note 7?

why is the smartphone industry so shit lads?

because they pander to shit people

All of them

OnePlus 7 Pro

It's a fashion industry at heart, but the barrier of entry is too high for things out of mainstream trends to develop

Anyone here own the Pixel 3a? I've been thinking about getting the XL version.

What case are OP7 Pro bros using?

How can I endure the wait for the pixel 4 and iphone xi

cancer didn't take Jobs soon enough

I do. Have the standard 3a, What you wanna know?

just bought the galaxy a50

I've been thinking about getting one too. What can you say about it? Is the camera good? Would you recommend it over the a30?

What's the battery life like really? If I was outdoors for a full day from 8am to 11pm and took lots of pictures and some basic internet/WhatsApp/Maps... would it hold up?

My current X Compact only seems to last for 3.5 hours screen on time, which is a full day on medium usage.

Getting the Samsung A70 what I'm I in for lads

Y no a70 fren

Is Samsung m30 good, Jow Forums ?
It got 1080p resolution oled, 5000 mah battery, headphone jack, 6.4 inch display, 1tb expandable storage, 8 cores, 15 watt charging and more. 4/64 gb at 230 dollar and 6/124 at 250 dollar
Full specification: gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_m30-9505.php

The in screen finger print scanner is so shit that it doesn't work 90% of the time

Have you herd of software updates my right honorable gentleman

Is there a first world country with worse plans, phone selection and prices than Canada? I think only our ANZA bros have it just as bad.

>samsung
>updates

More likely with them, than your chink phone

Just ordered a Motorola C 3G as my first smartphone (yes, I'm a stinky 3rd-worlder). How bad I've screwed up?

It can't be that bad your probably just over reacting

What price?

>Been using my One Plus 3, but recently broke the screen & wifi connectivity (somehow).

Was planning to buy the Zenfone 6, but they are selling it for 559 EUR, which is more than my initial budget of 500 eur max.

So i gave the pocophone a look (because money saved on the phone can be spent on other things) and it basically has everything that i want (dual sim, jack, 6gb ram, 64gb storage, fast processor), except that the screen is LCD vs my One Plus's amoled.

Should i take the jump anyway (as the screen is not such a large issue), or what else should i be looking for, if not the pocophone?

Before that I also thought about the Nubia Magic 3 (or whatever its called), but that seems quite ugly to me.

Please give me some advice, i already looked at kimovil and am unsure of what to do.

Thanks

57$, including delivery. My monthly wage is around 460$.

Look at the Redmi K20.

>Just ordered a Motorola C 3G as my first smartphone (yes, I'm a stinky 3rd-worlder). How bad I've screwed up?

Big style could have gotten the Samsung Galaxy on6 with more ram and a better screen

Attached: samsung-galaxy-on6-2018.jpg (160x212, 9K)

$50 for 4gb/mo, All the phones are carrier shit, with worse selection and higher prices than the States. $600 for Pixel 3aXL, $1000 for Oneplus 7Pro.

>blackberry in OP pic
nobody is talking about them
this is so sad

Eu rom for instant results, then afwall

>want the zenfone 6
>but not getting the k20 pro seems retarded at this point

Here in England you can get unlimited calls text and data for 50 a month with the latest flagship

Why tf doesn't Xiaomi just fucking make american versions of the phone with american LTE bands.

Alexa play despacito #9 with the bruh remix

Does it actually support your network? Where do you live?

Why do you have shit bands they work literally everywhere else

Because then how would they sell Mi Mix 3s?

It's how it oughta be

What do we think of Sony phones anons?.

How are their cameras?

>want a k20
>actually don't want to spend 300€+
>can't wait too long for price drop since my current phone's battery is dying and i have to charge two or three times a day
>all other phones are kinda shit
hold me bros

Attached: 1547407453888.jpg (900x600, 317K)

Looking for 3 models.

For me :
I have a Xiaomi Mi A1, it's perfect for me, but my old Nexus 4 and Nexus 5X are dead, and I need a backup phone, so why not replace the Mi A1.
Must be under 300€, with Android Stock, USB-C, and a jack would be better.

For my GF and sister :
They have a Redmi 4X, they don't give a shit but it must be under 200€, with a good battery and the jack is mandatory. They're ok with MiUI, micro-usb or USB-C ok.

For my father-in-law :
Will be his first smartphone, will be use sporadically, so I guess cheap, and I guess a jack would be nice. I think micro-USB would be mandatory.

Thanks in advance

Attached: 1548242708188.gif (308x296, 1.76M)

Well I get around 7-8 hours on screen time and still have enough left over, around 10-15% haven't had the chance to fully test it out yet but I'm sure the XL will have a great battery. There is some battery drain tests on youtube that would give you a good idea of what to expect and comparisons to other phones.

Ok, seems better as a device - what should i expect from Redmi as a phone producer?

Do i need to get lineage running on it etc ?

Sony phone cameras are shit, hopefully Xperia 1 will change that.

June 10th

Well, you don't need to get it running but you can and should. Custom ROMs are a matter of time. Also, it lacks a micro SD card slot. Don't know if that's a problem for you.

Anyone have a Mi 9 SE? Seriously thinking about replacing my Moto G3 with one.

what about it, how about a link.

All u retards care about is camera quality? What about speed?

Well, looking at spec sheets, the pocophone is quite a bit faster, with the K20 having a much better camera & screen, while being around 70 euros more expensive.

I was planning on getting a custom ROM for the pocophone anyway, so this isnt a concern for me,

Hmmm, i really dont know.

What would you pick?

>Well, looking at spec sheets, the pocophone is quite a bit faster,
just get a k20 pro then it'll crush pocophone in speed too

Naked, fuck using a case I want to feel that premium build and appreciate the artisan's phone of choice.

Plastic cucks cope.

That's what you get for choosing a shit carrier, I'm on $30 a month with unlimited data.

Maybe they should make an exciting phone. Rather than continue dumping out dated specs with the addition of a keyboard and calling it a $500 device. BB is great if you want to wait 2 years and pick one up mint for 80% off.
>SD 660
>SD 660
Posted from a BB btw

The lack of a micro SD card slot is a deal breaker for me. Between those two I'd pick Poco. Or I would wait to see if the A70 sees some custom ROM support and get that. Basically a global Redmi Note 7 Pro with an AMOLED screen if that happens.

I wanna install xiaomi.eu on my mi mix 2s, but after reading this shit maybe i'll not:
>Some features which require high-security level (e.g., Find device, banking apps, added-value services, etc.) will no longer be available.

Any experience using banks app on a unlocked (non-rooted tho) Xiaomi? I don't wanna lose the option to being able to use these kind of apps.

Get a pocophone f1

samsung galaxy a8. yay or nay?

depends on price

tfw bought pixel 3 and wish i had waited and got 3a instead

i removed everything with xiaomi or miui in the package name
i left only those necessary apps and installed the foss variants
on fdroid look for apps_Packages Info
then remove through adb everything unnecessary

Magisk Hide solves all of that I belive.

She's hot lol

All phones are fast these days with new SoCs and tons of RAM.

Are you dumb? Why'd you want the shittier phone? It's garbage in all aspects.

A sad truth that I wish didn't exist as I type on my BlackBerry keyboard

i'd say xiaomi redmi note 7 for everyone
and/or a xiaomi redmi note 5 for your father. the 7 it's a really good phone and it feels really nice in hands and the 5 has a worse lcd but still good, you could buy for everyone the 7, I paid mine 199€

>3.5 mm jack, no notch, better battery
>worse

The karbon kevlar one from Oneplus

It also lacks dual front firing speakers, gorilla glass and better specs.

is mi a2 still having fucky glitches? evidently the phone jams up when you close chrome tabs or something

>speakers
Don't care.
>GG
Don't care.
>Better specs
How is that an issue? It's a phone it's not replacing my thinkpad.

Poop

do I need to root my device then? or can I use Magisk Hide without root?

What chinkphones are best suited to running LineageOS and generally being debloated and debotnetted?

Love my Sony phone for everything except the camera.

Xiaomi Poco, Mi8 or Mix 2s

#metoo
Based nakedbro

Well, Magisk Hide is a part of Magisk Manager which is a manager by which you control root settings on your device. Yes, you'd have to root.

i have but samsung sure as fuck hasn't.

Is there any way to get stock android on a redmi note 7?

xiaomi.eu

Who here /dongle/

Attached: 15594140197071381665726944816914.jpg (4000x3000, 3.16M)

is that blackberry any good? I almost got one because of the physical keyboard but ended up passing on it because of it only being on one carrier iirc

I wanted a dumb phone I could use for texting, emailing, and calling, maybe some occasional very light browsing (like m.uber.com) and use it cut out stuff I dont need and be more productive.

I got this for $25. Did I do good? I know there's key series, but it's way too much I think I dont want all those features for the money.

Attached: s-l1600[1].jpg (722x1172, 89K)

My dad uses the Key2 and he loves it, I've tried the keyboard and it's nice and tactile, feels good to use it.

you're not even going to try to make a competent response are you

Why don't you use your fucking gorilla nigger brain and try and figure it out yourself?

>ooga booga i'm a sensitive projecting fucktard brainlet

you'be bought hands down the best abandonware you possibly could. if you're fine with that, you did well.

You asked a yes or no question.. the answer is yes. Surely you have enough info to figure out what to do. Fagtron

if that desnt interfere with those 3 things i want, or maybe even helps me keep me focused, sure

heck wanted a 2006 razr v3 before i found this for cheaper

What's the best not-made-in-China phone for US LTE bands if I'm buying in Q4? Are SNSV phones still made in Taiwan?
>ideally 512GB or more internal storage or 128GB+SDXC and a decent camera

based user

I need a 4.5-4.7 inch, puré Android, Snapdragon 6XX or better phone, that can be unlocked or comes with stock Android. what is out there?

>Colors could be better, though. They are fairly accurate by default, but a blueish tint is clearly evident. You can tweak this in the display settings menu thanks to a white balance slider. There you'll also find a Wide Color Gamut mode, which adds more saturation to the way colors look.
So yes, the Zenfone 6 does come out of the box with that blueish tint but there' is a slider for White Balance. Now man up and get it ;)

Listen, not everyone is autistic like you are. Is lineageOS similar to stock android? Is there a stock android for Redmi Note 7? How do I install it?