Whats your opinion on Noobuntu?

Whats your opinion on Noobuntu?

Attached: meme.png (839x876, 425K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AELQ11Zkxtk
cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/weekly-live-builds/amd64/iso-hybrid/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>gentoo and debian bundled in with literally redhat beta testing and 14 year olds

Sounds niggerish, so I pass

"It's just the way it be."

youtube.com/watch?v=AELQ11Zkxtk

It's a perfectly functioning OS that just werks out of the box.

"It do"

best Linux distro, I wish there was an official Cinnamon flavor to replace Mint, Mint just adds a layer of bloat

>Mint just adds a layer of bloat
But Mint doesn't use Gnome

Ideally Canonical would integrate other *buntus(and maybe also Mint for dat Cinnamon) into the main release and make it possible to choose DE during the installation, once that happens we might finally see the year of the Linux desktop happen.

yeah but Mint is basically Ubuntu with Cinnamon
there are official flavors of Ubuntu that don't use Gnome (Xubuntu, Lubuntu etc)
I don't see why you need a separate distro for Cinnamon instead of just making it an official Ubuntu flavor

Functioning desktop focused distro that mostly works
Since it does work autists hate it

Ubuntu with a minimal install is absolutely based

>wanting to work under Canonical's guidelines
Yeah, no.

Unironically one of the best distros out there. The only way I would advise against it would be m$ bought it for some reason.

The only Linux variant with any chance of getting widespread adaptation because it works so well out if the box.

Most new users wouldn't know what the fuck a DE even is. It would only be confusing to let them pick at install.
There's retards even on Jow Forums that seem to think Ubuntu/Fedora=Gnome.

This.

It's ok for what it is. I largely don't have an opinion on it though, as my own distro works just fine for me.

Attached: 1530224949173.gif (500x573, 442K)

why not?

Loving popos! It is a more professional look ubuntu.

This
Works great on my X200
Fedora was shit and literally destroyed itself when I tried to upgrade it from 28 to 29

use LMDE then you moron

Ubuntu 7 introduced GNU/Linux to me years ago. Back then it made sense I guess, but I would imagine other distros have caught up by now in usability. I'm using Debian now.

Attached: debian chicken.jpg (1080x608, 134K)

Isn't manjaro literally arch for noobs?

>Most new users wouldn't know what the fuck a DE even is. It would only be confusing to let them pick at install.
Is it really? I think it could be manageable if you went with something like
>Step x: pick a desktop environment. See the images to see which one you like the most.

>manjaro with the big 4
sorry manjazoomer, you're not part of the club either

>Manjaro
ahahahah

i3(-gaps)buntu when ?

When Debian does it.(there's a non-official i3-gaps installer done for Debian and Devuan out there, easy to find).

less dumb if you delete all the arch shit, but still dumb

It used to be the best entry point for new people to Linux because it just werks, but nowadays even Manjaro is ahead of it on DistroWatch. It didn't really lay the groundwork for current distros either, people just liked it because it got updated more frequently than Debian and was more stable than Fedora.

As far as it being good or not, I usually just get the net install and then add my own shit onto it to where the end result isn't so much Ubuntu as it is Ubuntu-based, so most distros are the same to me in the end (especially given how many distros are Ubuntu-based nowadays).

what kind of bloat does Mint come with?

MATE?

it's just feels obsolete to create another distro when the only real difference is the desktop. I don't see why you can't just streamline all the effort and make it an official part of Ubuntu as a flavor just like Kubuntu or Xubuntu

They are just scared of the installation process, albeit that seems to be the great divide.

Attached: Popo.png (720x540, 420K)

Its really easy to setup gaps on ubuntu

Attached: i3-gabuntu.png (1921x1075, 2.23M)

Mediocre. I use Ubuntu MATE for my general desktop flavor, and installed Openbox if I have the urge to rice something. The only reason I would want to install something like Arch is an easy i3-gaps install, and even then I don't care that much about my desktop feng shui. Ubuntu works, and I agree with on their summary, it's a solid balance between stable as a boulder and is updated enough that when things seem to get old a new update is already out.

If you know what you're doing (using anything other than GNOME 3), then you're okay. Unless Ubuntu just can't do something specific, then stick with it. For the most part, it's just Debian with a different name and installer.

>used to phone home to Amazon
10/10 distro

Attached: 1537927689299.png (289x289, 41K)

>Doesn't understand the difference between a GUI and a distro

Fucking retard

I don't care

Low maintenance OS, most issues can be solved with a quick Google search, 16.04 with unity stays out of your way when you're working.

It has some pretty serious issues with sound and HDMI, and Nvidia drivers are shit if you want to switch between integrated and dedicated GPU (and forget about automatic switch).
I've heard good things about PopOS in this regard, and it's basically Ubuntu modified by the guys at system76, but I haven't tried it.

That said, it's the only viable choice for using Linux if you actually need to get shit done. Just keep a Windows dual boot to watch movies with qt3.14 gf

BASED UBUNTU RETARDS

Attached: 1496772216592.png (604x675, 587K)

just a prebuilt debian

>Whats your opinion on Noobuntu?
systemd satellite

For me, it's xubuntu, but that's because i'm using a shitty 10 year old computer that really can't handle much because it's an iMac. (It was free I'm not complaining and I'm saving up for a new actual pc this is a temp thing)

works.

>Just keep a Windows dual boot to watch movies with qt3.14 gf
How the fuck can't you watch a movie in Ubuntu?

he uses windows, don't ask.
the answer is he's retarded

I need it for installing Emacs, so it's ok

It's getting better and better each LTS version. With 18.04 LTS it's even more stable than ever. With 20.04 LTS or 22.04 LTS it could achieve Android like stability.

Also the generalization of .deb for installing programs makes it really easy to use.

Not a serious GNU/Linux distro. If someone uses anything other than Arch GNU/Linux I consider them to be kids in their first months of using GNU/Linux.

I refuse to believe this post was made sincerely

>mfw from debian Sid to Ubuntu after three years
Fuck debian when it't not stable

Attached: 1559418673911.jpg (1280x683, 156K)

okay for beginners but only for a couple of weeks

first and latest distro, i have hopped a lot but now I understand it does not fucking matter.

>be me
>yesterday, pacman -Syu
>today go to play minecraft and it crashes
>fiddle with java versions, idk
>reboot
>X won't start

The Arch memes are actually true. Luckily as an Arch user I figured it all out and I'm playing minecraft but lol dude

retard name tripfaggot

it's true though the i915 module was somehow blacklisted so it couldn't load and X wouldn't start. Unblacklisting it let X start and my nvidia drivers still work with primusrun and I'm back craftin'

Attached: 2019-06-01-204138_3840x2160_scrot.png (3840x2160, 3.69M)

I'm not defending arch, I'm insulting you for considering arch at all in the first place

It's great but the memes about it aren't as false as you might believe.
Luckily, as a seasoned Arch veteran I am capable of fixing problems because I know my system like the back of my hand since I built it from the ground up!

that's not gentoo, you get precompiled binaries and thus it fucks over your /etc or kernel modules, based retard

manjaro shouldnt be on there after the security breachs they had

>"muh distro better because its harder to config and i dont want le bloat on it!i want to install everything by myselffff"

Attached: D1oIsAKWkAAEmnw.jpg (480x372, 19K)

It's shit. All versions of linux are.

>i have no idea what im talking about

>install Ubuntu
>easily pick proprietary drivers in the GUI menu
>download gnome-tweak-tool to turn off mouse acceleration
>pull the dock/launcher to the bottom of the screen
>uninstall the amazon app
>download qbittorent, notepad++, chrome, telegram, steam, mpv, gimp, and kolourpaint
>enjoy a stable, bugless, comfortable, and clean OS

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-06-01 19-13-13.jpg (2560x1440, 833K)

it comes with security breachs

it's not good for me
dunno why from youtube it looks smooth as fuck but when i've tried it was really laggy.
i just use kubuntu, it works at least and it use less ram, i don't like dolphin tho nautilus is better

Attached: 1535096946103.jpg (960x960, 342K)

But J, some people have actual jobs that require a working distro.

ah and the fucking "start menu" is garbage who designed that shit deserve to die, it's literally the "metro menu" from windows8.
subhumans

yes, i hate gnome

Its also the perfect way to install Unity 7 on current Ubuntu. Do it Bros, you won't regret it
(also google a WiFi fix cause there's a stupid issue no one solved, only a work around)

t. Unity shill cause Gnome is bloated garbage

it just werks

just install debian then choose cinnamon, not that hard

Xubuntu is the must go distro for people who:
>is new to Linux
>have no time to properly set up their distro
>needs stuff to just work
>isn't masochistic
>is too stupid to learn new things

Name one (1) thing wrong with it.
Hard mode: Don't use "babbys first OS" or "too easy to install"

Ironically that meme is truer than it seems. Ubuntu is the chosen one who will destroy the trash distros and restore balance.

yeah, maybe if it didn't switch back to Gn*me 3

Gnome 3 is fine and just werks. The latest version in 19.04 is excellent.

Buggy, unfocused mess just like all modern GNU/Linux. If GNU/Linux doesn't get their shit together and stop their fucking systemd/poor development cycles/mismanagement of major projects (the fucking kernel is a disaster)/etc, it's going to be dead in a few years.
Honestly, someone should just fix GNU Hurd and abandon "Linux" and its insane culture of bullshit and make a good, pure GNU OS.

At this point I would happily move to anything marginally better, problem is nothing is marginally better. Only Poo/Pinus has regular updates, decent application support (I.e. a lot of wide ranging programs are written for it), security updates, speed, device support, decent CPU efficiency in terms of using the CPU properly, community, ease of writing your own code, scripting, decent UI/DEs.
Only answer I hear is from BSDcucks with their even-worse system. Nah.
Pinus won.

I've defaulted back to Windows at this point as bad as that is, because I cannot deal with the clusterfuck GNU/Linux is any more; it actually prevents me from using my computer effectively these days, it's so bad. And I've used it for over twenty years at this point. I just can't do it any more. Something else? Haha, no. *BSD is a huge fetid garbage heap, and LOL HOLY SHIT NO to anything crApple shits out.

it's shit as a desktop environment, it's like Windows 8
Cinnamon, MATE, XFCE, KDE and even Unity are all better

Tbh I don't blame you, I have a Windows machine which I use for work and a Linux machine I use for programming. Windows is alright as long as it's debloated and you just need to get things done.
Nah they're all worse and buggier. Tried them all, tons of bugs everywhere.

Install bumblebee and Nvidia Optimus works fine, at least on Denian.

I installed it and it installs EVERY video driver instead of checking what GPU ur actually running. It'll install all video drivers from Intel, AMD, and Nvidia. Pretty sure it also installs both AMD-ucode and intel-ucode.
And people talk about how good the driver detection is when it literally just installs everything available

>Sid is the unstable branch
>Fuck debian when it's not stable
They didn't lie to you user. Sid will have problems sooner or later. You should trust what thousands of devs say and not what Jow Forums basement dwellers claim.

Same here. Cultural dissonance.

>Honestly, someone should just fix GNU Hurd and abandon "Linux" and its insane culture of bullshit and make a good, pure GNU OS.
GuixSD GNU/Hurd when?

Also try lxqt, or even i3
Sounds comfy
Nothing wrong with xubuntu
I ended up on a testing build of Debian because the installer had the drivers. If you don't want debian stable, go for debian testing rather than unstable. They even break it into 5 DE flavors.
>cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/weekly-live-builds/amd64/iso-hybrid/