Is AMD A9 a good processor for using Linux?

I am planning to buy a new laptop which powered by AMD A9 9425 with 4 Gigs of RAM. Is it enough to run Linux and learn?

Attached: HP 245 G6.jpg (474x348, 16K)

Yes. Good on you for choosing AMD but please do not buy HP. They break very easily.

>please do not buy HP. They break very easily.
This. They also have Heat Problems. The only exceptions I've seen are the EliteBook series which costs more; and this Probook x360 EE that I bought, which is still built cheaply but is amazingly sturdy for what I paid.

>>
The thing is that many website say that the AMD A9 is a very basic and slow chip. Should I still go with it?

Just buy a used thinkpad for godssake

AMD has heating problems or HP laptops? Because I have heard that both of them have heating issues.

that is if I want build quality, right? The specs aren't something which will make me buy one of those.

HPs are literally the shitties laptop you can buy. Coupled with AMD laptop cpu that are still shit, you get one of a shit cake that costs literal money

I have temperature problems with Windows. Using Linux no.

Okay. So what do you suggest?
I don't have a very huge budget..

You're going for some low-end AMD cpu in your new laptop and you're saying that 5 or something y/o business laptop with i5/i7 is not up to your specs or what?

HP in particular. They don't know how to cool a laptop. Some older AMD chips may add to the problem. I had an old Pavilion "Entertainment PC" with an AMD Turion, Nvidia 7000 series GPU, and 4 GB RAM. It loved to throttle if I put YouTube fullscreen, and then it would sit at 800 MHz no matter what I did until I rebooted. I was finally able to use it properly after I got a cooling pad, so the system itself was capable, it just didn't have sufficient cooling.

Just get a jizz stained ThinkPad

Used T450/T460/T550/T560

ThinkPad or nothing?

HP used to be outright amazing, some of the best laptops you could buy, but your right the quality is going down hill tremendously.

I never had problems with HP tbqh, my 500 g6 got me through 5 years of CS without issues. Same for basically my entire family, never a problem.

I constantly see people sitting on them tho, I wonder if I take extra care of my laptops or I was just lucky.

A shitbox from 2008 would be enough to run most distrus and learn. AMD on laptops is a joke and almost all laptops under 1-1.2k are total trash, so rather buy an used CumPad if you're short on money or some fancy ulrabook if you aren't.

>imagine going by brand and not the fucking model

>be me
>have HP TM2
>use it for 3-4 years with ZERO issues
>give it to my sister
>half a year later half the keys don't work
Okay, maybe she was just unlucky...
>have 2012 Macbook Air
>again zero issues in 3-4 years
>upgrade for a new laptop purely for the fun of it
>sis kills it in three months

I'll have to go with the first two poster. I got a 800€ HP at the start of this school year and it's already breaking down in many areas.
I can hear the HDD clicking all the time (meaning it's in bad shape) and this laptop never received any really bad shock (like falling down).
Sometimes the computer just blue screens out of nowhere.
The plastic is crap, some part of it are breaking down.
I didn't pay too attention to the screen cause I didn't really care and oh boy I should have. My laptop has the worst screen I have ever seen in any fucking laptop, everything just looks kinda faded out on it.
The screen protector is getting damaged from dust on the keyboard when I close the lid, there are several visible points like this on my screen.
Also I must have some bottom of the line TN panel that you just have to adjust all the time to see what's on it.

Redeeming qualities is that it's fast and the keyboard feels nice. But otherwise it's a nice piece of crap. I am graduating next year and I'll invest on a Thinkpad X1 Carbon. Fuck HP.

(cont.)
Forgot to add that as other posters said, the cooling on this shit is fucking crap.
I just cannot bring it to a library because of how loud it gets for opening a fucking browser or vs code.
I tried tinkering with the cooling setup but to no avail. The way this piece of crap cools down is this:
Either you just opened a big task for the computer and the fan will immediatly start roaring
Or, every 5-10 minutes, the fan will start roaring to cool down the computer. I felt really uncomfortable bringing it to some classes because of the noise, afraid that my teachers thinks I'm playing games on it.

This is actually the most important issues on the list. I'm just gonna swallow that redpill and buy a Thinkpad. I'll try to resell this one to some first year that needs it.
Fortunately I got it on sale so I didn't spend too much on it but still, this isn't acceptable.

> Is it enough to run Linux and learn?
Yes, but guess what, get a Thinkpad.