What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Attached: 2000px-Linux_Distribution_Timeline.svg.png (2000x8584, 3.77M)

>has a superior evolutionary line such that it has many descendants
Wow yep something must have gone wrong. If it had gone right it would have died off.

freetards being special snowflakes and thinking their slightly different flavor of a more popular distro with different pre-installed packages and different wallpaper deserves its own name

Anarcho syndicalism

All you're showing me is something that went right, very right. Linux users can choose whatever distro makes them the most comfortable. Windows and Mac users get assraped and have no say in how their OS behaves.

Nothing? No one is forcing you to use an obscure distro over the main ones.

Debian and Redhat got cancer.

What's wrong with redhat?

How come Chrome OS is based on Gentoo but Android was made from scratch?

Ballmer was right.

Attached: 1533459196907.jpg (4000x5000, 3.49M)

Loonixfags are unable to man up, join forces and work together on the same goal. Instead they rather have a million of small circlejerk groups that will reimplement same solutions with only small variations between them.

Why would you compromise? When you gain nothing.

Didn't even mention compromise there.
From cooperation you gain less fragmentation and more effectivity. You need less people doing the same shit for different camps.

Most distros don't duplicate effort though. They usually just add stuff on top.

>implying variety and competition is bad
would you rather prefer only ONE distro
but it doesn't change the fact that some of them are just reskin of the main branch

What went wrong?

Attached: vanilla and chocolate only.jpg (1600x1000, 310K)

>bubblegum
into the trash it goes

The CIA nigger can't comprehend decentralization. He is cattle that lives in a confined place and he can't see outside it.

>realized I haven't eaten ice cream in months
>now I really really want some

Fuck you user

Are the people who complain that freedom-respecting software is communist the same people who complain about the freedom of choice regarding Linux distros?

>What went wrong?
Nothing. It's working as intended.

remove everything that has no childs;
suddenly the graph looks normal

>hurr durr why is not recommended to use obscure distros which nobody ever reads the source code

Question is, does all that variety take away from the original foundation?

Don't do it. Keto will make you hate it.

Make this graph please

i just wish distros started merging to combine the bran power. eg xubuntu, lubuntu and to an extent ubuntu could all just be flavours of debian and just compile flags (leave this out, use lxde, Etc)

theres only 31 flayvs tho

Yeah and then you make a new flavor called Karramel which has 1.7% more caramel in it. But it doesn't make other flavors bad. Some people like it this way some don't.

and they retire the old flavours so that thetes not super unpopular ones on life support. imagine if a toxic chemical was found in unpopular flavour but noone noticed. thts why you retire it