Could all these clever scientists really not think of something more creative than just stuffing a car with batteries?

Could all these clever scientists really not think of something more creative than just stuffing a car with batteries?

It just seems so uninspired.

Attached: MX.jpg (1200x627, 185K)

Other urls found in this thread:

drivetribe.com/p/5-reasons-why-the-tesla-model-3-MFTljJiQT_KQhux0eIvspQ?iid=RgV4fBk4Slq3FncZbQD_ng
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Is using petroleum particularly inspired?

>he doesn't drive a car powered by compressed air
>he doesn't drive a car powered by a giant spinning flywheel
>he doesn't drive a car powered by huge rubber bands

*yawn*

you can't get much more efficiency, flexibility and utility than four wheels on paved roads. What is the alternative?

>Could all these clever scientists really not think of something more creative than just stuffing a car with gasoline and a combustion engine?

hooonk!

Attached: articleLeadwide-15zqi.jpg (750x422, 39K)

hurumfk!

Attached: uniti-one-EV.jpg (660x440, 40K)

>pretending to be retarded, again

Attached: e95b0fe1.jpg (400x400, 17K)

blormp!

Attached: key-art_1_sml-e1527752030603.jpg (1201x600, 152K)

Now that's an innovative design

Teslas are unironically based. The model 3 is $35k and goes 0-60 in 3.3 seconds. Electric cars are clearly the future. Idk why people refuse to embrace it.

I like that, if you get in an accident, it ensures you get glass fucking everywhere.

Make batteries easily replaceable so that battery stations can swap them out in under two minutes. Make the cars a service and require that the only way to drive more than the first charge is to swap out batteries, you can't charge them yourself.

Now it fixes the problem with long station waits and is just as inconvenient as gasoline. Since nobody can charge their own batteries, everyone will get slightly used but maintainable batteries.

it's a package deal.

This is fucking retarded. A v3 Tesla supercharger will give you a full charge in like a half hour.

because it doesnt roar and people are faggots who think leccy cars are gay

>sitting at a "gas" station for THIRTY MINUTES
This is why electric cars won't catch on.

A five wheeled hexagonal shaped car.

drivetribe.com/p/5-reasons-why-the-tesla-model-3-MFTljJiQT_KQhux0eIvspQ?iid=RgV4fBk4Slq3FncZbQD_ng
$35k, smokes a fucking audi r8 v10 @ $170k

>BUT I CANT TAKE DA MUFFER LOFF IT AND MAKE DA BOOM BOOM NOISE
>I GOTUH WAIT THIRTY MINUTES FOR IT TUH CHAWRGE

Attached: brainlet.jpg (680x339, 35K)

You must genuinely be retarded if you think the average driver cares about the 0-60 and not the """ 30" """-180 minute charge times.

>300+ mile range
>Plug it in when you get home every night
>have full range every morning
>OH MY GOD IT TAKES THIRTY MINUTES TO CHARGE ANOTHER 300 MILES THE FIVE TIMES A YEAR I ACTUALLY GO THAT FAR

Audi isn't a judge of anything fast
I could smoke both with a $3K civic and a few simple mods

It's probably laminated glass like your windshield so it'll just crack.

Attached: 1549812118859.jpg (1349x655, 231K)

>he thinks Americans drive less than 380 miles a day on average

retard

Want to back that up with some facts?

... Wait, did you really think electric cars were new?

Attached: serveimage.jpg (551x704, 71K)

Made for women then and made for women now.

All cars are made for women now. There's a reason Porsche makes that ugly Cayenne.

This is true

The model 3 is $35k and goes 0-60 in 3.3 seconds

No, that's the $52,000 model.

Attached: teslamodelgay.jpg (1883x864, 153K)

the base model is range cucked hard iirc

I have a 1hr trip to work every day due to living in the boonies (fuck having neighbors), and even with going well out of my way to pick up computer parts every so often on the opposite side of the city from where I work, I've never broken 250 miles for a single day's travel.

Houstonfag spotted

They drive a lot less than that on average dumbass. Hardly anyone drives that much on a daily basis.

yeah and you would get 8mpg whats your point

Tesla bankrupt in 8 months.

Not too bad - it is rated at 220 miles. Thats enough for most people to do a week's worth of driving between charges.

Attached: Daily distance car distribution.jpg (536x346, 32K)

If you believe that, lets see your short position.

Not even creative considering the first cars were electric

No but you're pretty darn close. And I'm not in DFW anymore, either, so good luck guessing.

>mini nuclear fusion reactors
>bringing back gas turbines
>hydrogen fuel cells
There is lots of possibilities but everyone are to stupid to make them.

>just let people stupid enough to actually ask their mechanics for blinker fluid drive around with nuclear reactors in their cars, what's the worst that could happen?
Maybe the engineers who know a shitload more about vehicle design than you aren't the stupid ones here, user.
Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go check if there are any good car crash threads on the /gif/ or /wsg/.

based

The issue is with new tech is that it is really hard to get off the ground
We could stop all developments of gas engines right now and go straight to a gas turbine but then you would have a fleet of cars that is worse in almost every single metric until a few years pass by and you get everything sorted
Tesla right now is taking the burden of that pain point, their cars where absolute dogshit in every way up until recently

I would love a gas turbine car. We could do it in the 60s, why not now? The torque would be insane.

Why do people think Tesla's are cheap or hit their actual promised price points? They cost as much as a luxury car and there are far better options in those price ranges. You're paying for the name and a Toyota Camry interior.

Gas among other engines have been around for half or more of a century. Government regulation like cafe almost killed the auto brands in the 70s and 80s. It's still stifling. You won't see anything progress naturally until government is out and the oligarchs broken.

They promised a 35k car and sell a 35k car, please find me an EV with a similar range at that price point.

It's not even that you are paying for a name as Tesla hasn't made a name for themselves that deserves a premium
It is though the only accessible EV with a non-trivial amount of range

Yea sure stay in denial. The only brands in that range are Chevy Nissan and Toyota.

>30 minutes
Nope. Useless for serious road-tripping. It's a four hour, 250-mile trip from my place to Washington, D.C., and that's a round trip I usually make in a day. Not with a Tesla. You can't even drive a whole day without stopping to charge.

forgot image. it's a 500-mile round trip, btw.

Attached: file.png (1620x570, 459K)

Imagine being caught in browntown waiting a half to a full hour to charge your Tesla.

How am I in denial? What range does the shitty bolt and leaf have? What's your fucking point?

Attached: file.png (501x373, 207K)

>browntown
Is that what you're calling it now?

Bolt and leaf are similar and the volt is actually nice. Your only option in that price range for Tesla is used and they control that shit with and ironfist. Have fun dealing with that too.

>his car is not powered by exotic photon using baryonic decay

WHAT FUCKING PLEBS

>he doesn't drive a car powered by his own feet

Attached: Fred-Flintstone-Barney-Rubble-Car.jpg (450x347, 155K)