Only about a quarter of desktop users use an adblocker

Attached: 1452304010909.png (500x338, 44K)

Probably old people

Advertisements are part of the definitive american lifestyle, the American experience. It’s part of who we are. I wouldn’t expect a European or a China man to understand. It’s all about choice. I want to see the newest products because I am not poor, I can buy them anyways.

Actually all the north American people I know block ads, it's actually my Taiwanese friends who don't. I thought they just didn't know it was possible to block ads, so I offered to set up an ad blocker on their laptops for them but they refused, because then they wouldn't be able to see the ads on YouTube.

I didn't really have a response to that because it never occurred to me that anyone would actually want to see the ads.

Attached: lowqualitybait.png (124x125, 12K)

I've read that 80% do. Either you or me is wrong. Google must have a reason for their current actions. I doubt that 25% is enough to make them act the way they do currently.

k

Sadly not. I'm in college in a field with a lot of female students. Most of them use their laptops (not really, more like glorified tablets. Most of them.have that microsoft surface shit) for note taking. I haven't seen a single one of them that uses adblock.
These are people who had asmartphone since maybe age 12. Technology generation my ass.

the human race is doomed

Why does your post look like that?

>in a field with a lot of female students
Psychology major?

What if someone tried to advertise adblockers haha.

if no adblocker then people will use local proxy with blocking rulesets like it was before.
squid is free proxy with existence of adblok lists and windows port.

lol

or jujst hosts file

it's probably less than that

no, only a quarter of desktop computers that access web pages use an adblocker. That is not the same thing at all. I can well imagine that businesses that do not allow users to install their own software will not allow adblockers, and instead prefer to limit the sites users can visit

Those 75% are paying for us to use the web for free

nope. Advertisers increase their prices of goods and services to pay for advertising. We all pay. Why pay twice?

The principle on which the internet is built is that the end user decides what runs on their network. My network, I decide

Good thing in my opinion. If more sued one, site owners would use more annoying evasion techniques.

Good thing in my opinion. If more used blockers, the site owners would utilize more annoying evasion techniques and paywalls.

Normies don't even mind ADs, in fact they learned to like them.
I see them discuss ADs for fun too, or have entire conversations about products from ADs

I bet they even click on them and such

Attached: DKSxmzAV4AEOg0r.jpg (639x651, 56K)

Good, the more normalfags watch ads the more monies for corporations and lower chance they'll shut down adblockers for good

When I have to use work pc there's no adblock there and the browser is locked down by some policy and cannot add any addons to it, that's the only time I see ads and they legit make me angry.

this

Same applies to retards who want 'year of the linux desktop'

That number will drop down to like 3% when Google Chrome removes adblocking

>businesses who use desktops that they’re not allowed to personalize

still not bad as frogposters

Attached: snapshot_13.20_[2016.12.24_14.00.35].png (1920x1080, 3.42M)

tathbit gentoo

>females

Attached: 1559100170591.jpg (835x1024, 110K)

sadly, you guys are right - they have to suffer for us to be happy.

The only ad I've seen recently that didn't manage to piss me off was a billboard with some guy from the local baseball team dive catching a tub of ice cream in his mitt. It said something like "dive into delicious" (and nothing else) on it.
I honestly wonder why I didn't hate it. Maybe it was because it was so simple and silly (they had to shrink down the image of the tub in order for it to fit in his mitt) that it looked like a low effort fake ad from a movie or something. Maybe it's because he was a white guy, something I just don't see in ads anymore.
Or maybe it's because it wasn't for something I either really didn't need or already had. I don't hate ice cream. And ice cream is a concept simple enough to actually be okay to buy based on a 3-5 word sentence. Now that I think about it, most of the ads I see are all for services rather than products, and I don't like services because using them means I have to deal with strangers who I don't trust.

good. let the faggots eat up the advertisements so we don't have to

never ever ever recommend installing an adblocker, you are contributing to cancer anti-adblock ads on websites

Attached: 12323543556.jpg (1000x900, 450K)

could you please post better quality photo?

BASED AND REDPILLED

Good. The fewer, the better - the fewer use one, the less companies are going to do to make you disable yours.
Telling the normie about ad blocking was a terrible mistake. It was short sighted - sure, we wouldn't have to fix the PCs anymore since without malicious ads, it gets much harder to get malware, but it made the ad giants and the people who depend on them target ad users as a danger to their revenue - the biggest danger there is.