Okay, Jow Forums, so explain to me what is wrong with:

Okay, Jow Forums, so explain to me what is wrong with:

>systemd
>pulseaudio
>NetworkManager

I can understand the systemd hate, because it is a bloated piece of shit, but what about the other two?

Attached: Lennart_poettering.jpg (1024x678, 90K)

nvm i figured it out

The main problem with these softwares is that the things they do can be done just as well by simpler tools.

Bro all of those things are fine it's fucking xorg that's the problem.

Attached: 1557684425027.png (576x768, 392K)

you are a sperg if you have a problem with systemd or NetworkManager. I'll have to admit though, pulseaudio is a bitch to work with.

>implying Jow Forums can give you a reason that is not a meme or suckless mental gymnastics
though I understand about systemd, it could be smaller

>but what about the other two?
Nothing since lennart isn't maintaining them (anymore).

> >NetworkManager
Nice for desktops, but it intercepts traditional network settings instead of parsing the shared config file.
> >pulseaudio
It was convoluted for people who came from ALSA and it does not allow the low latency config.

>Nice for desktops
not nice for desktops
it's trash

systemd is just too big to be called a init system or service manager it's more like a system management package and there's nothing wrong with it
it's huge source is also a big concern i guess it's over 1.5M lines of code which makes it hard to read and maintain some people say it's being supported by companies and it has backdoors etc but there's no evidence for it as far as i know also many free software is being supported by companies anyways

BUT I think there IS something very wrong with, it's becoming dependency of some software which makes it non-replaceable and it is very very bad in my opinion. every free software should be replaceable and should have alternatives

sorry for no punctuation, i just noticed

Systemd will be the new xorg

>systemd
Not Apple.
>pulseaudio
Not Apple.
>NetworkManager
Not Apple.

Buy a Mac.

fag

fpbp

>what about the other two
Name one reason the average computer user shouldn't just use ALSA.

Try to output audio from a bluetooth speaker without pulseaudio.

Then again, I've seen a pro-systemd lecture on Youtube that mentioned systemd and at least one other piece of Poetterware (Avahi?) basically being clones of Apple programs. Mind you, I'm not a Macfag, so I'm not in a position to gauge the truth of these claims.

Isn't systemd inspired by Apple's launchd?

The correct term for systemd is "essential system software suite".

Systemd is being made by redhat, redhat is being on the payroll of the NSA, this means Lennart Poettering is being paid by the NSA through the NSA and a semi-NSA employee, which makes systemd an NSA toolkit.

Attached: 1548211188527.jpg (500x500, 40K)

Poettering is being paid by the NSA through redhat*

Attached: 1548046227185.jpg (614x605, 20K)

>xorg bad
what's good about wayland then?

Nothing. It breaks compatibility with basically everything and shuts the Linux desktop off from other systems. That's the state of affairs right now. It's also more unstable.