Benchmarks Show AMD May Have Exaggerated Ryzen 3800X Performance

nononononono

AHAHAHAHAHAHAAH

Attached: 0.jpg (800x457, 22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tomshardware.com/news/intel-amd-computex-benchmark-epyc-xeon,39544.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Attached: 1.jpg (944x628, 51K)

Scientists prove that if you do not give me $500 I'm going to kick your ass.

It's over boys. Intel won.

Attached: 2.jpg (902x359, 20K)

fuck even is this retard's argument?

Attached: .png (892x1156, 772K)

Shills are terrified and out in force. Expect more of these threads in the next month before zen 2 comes out.
The cope is real.

NOOOOOOOOOOO HOW COULD MOMMY DO THIS

Attached: 1494946327368.png (1228x1502, 1.07M)

Another victim of zombieload rip

Have these retards considered that different settings may have been used?

> Pilpul. Noun. A method of disputation among rabbinical scholars regarding the interpretation of Talmudic rules and principles or Scripture that involves the development of careful and often excessively subtle distinctions.

SLOPPY JOB MOSSAD

So am I just supposed to read the title and immediately intuit that what you have said is true with zero evidence or is there some specific piece of proof that you are referring to but completely failed to present?

During Computex 2019 it’s hard to deny that we have been very impressed with what AMD has had to show us. While it is something of a cliché, they undoubtedly stole the show.

One of their main key reveals during the event was their upcoming 3rd-generation Ryzen 3800X processor. A processor that is set to become the ‘flagship’ of their latest CPU range.

Following their official performance figures given, however, new benchmarks have appeared that would seem to indicate that AMD may have significantly overstated the power of the 3800X.

In the official presentation, AMD was keen to push that their 3800X processor was more powerful than the Intel i7 8700k. In addition, also that the processor (featuring a 7nm design) was notably faster than the prior 2nd-gen flagship processor, the 2700X.

Independent benchmarks of CSGO, however, show that in a direct comparison (seemingly using the same ‘base’ system) the Intel processor scored significantly higher FPS scores than AMD suggested.

While it’s very easy to be critical of AMD at this point, there are certain factors to consider. Firstly, AMD did not make their methodology for these tests public and, in fairness, that’s not unusual for them or indeed Intel or Nvidia. As such, you can’t be 100% certain that these alternative figures are truly comparative.

Secondly, you can hardly blame any company for using creative methods to show their product in the best light possible. That has been the nature of salesmanship for over 100 years.

Dr. Lisa Su has been extradited to Taiwan for CPU fraud.

Attached: _89384181_032440555-1.jpg (624x351, 33K)

Also, Nvidia CEO found to be part of a family take over in Silicon Valey. Leather jacket man as many have come to refer to him was put under arrest. In a press conference schedule for monday Nvidia and AMD will be announced to belong to Intel by the FBI who worked with the NSA and the Interpol in the aprehention of the conspirors.

>1% low within a margin of error of each other
AMD performs consistently while Intel performs erratically. Big shock. Did this guy have all his security patches installed I wonder? Probably not seeing as he's a hack shill.

lies. stop making shit up ayymd fanboy faggot

Is this a troll thread? Nothing posted here proves your statement of exaggeration.

You didn't even post a link OP.

Attached: 1260682234043.jpg (461x407, 50K)

damage control is off the charts

Some facebook level trolling right here folks

I'm actually curious how my 9700k is going to hold up against the 3800x (in gaming performance). I'm running it overclocked at 5ghz on all 8 cores and it destroys all the games I play. (Black Ops 4 getting 165fps capped on my 1440p monitor maxed out with 2080)

>look i can multiply
congratulations now show me 3800x benchmarks

People got so excited during the AMD keynote they didn't even consider how much of it was bullshit

t. op

kek intel aviv incels are up to their usual pilpil spiel

>1% lows are still higher than AMD average
OH NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

What are those numbers? 8700k 258fps in csgo? Dota 2 115fps???
I had a 8700k and I got way more than than in cs. Now I have a 2600x which does around 250 (depends on map, and all minimum 720p of course).

Out of curiosity, have you tried KC:D? That game is a serious CPU masher.

>tfw going to buy the 3900x when it comes out.

Attached: 1453934712717.gif (250x380, 2.44M)

I'm sorry but I've got to say something here. Every single instance AMD bench marked vs Intel, AMD was using 2933 mhz ram while the tested Intel chips were using 2666 ram. I'm no shill but why couldn't they have used the same hardware in both systems? All of the AMD funded benchmarks matched or came ahead by 1% in single threaded, If Intel used 2933 mhz wouldn't still be ahead by a fair amount?

Attached: ram.jpg (1920x1080, 364K)

Intel doesn't officially support 2933, that was likely the reason.

Nope, never knew about this game but I'll buy it when it goes on sale lol.

If you think ryzen 3000's performance is exaggerated in any meaningful degree, please tell me why the entire industry is now building some of the most robust and advanced boards on the ryzen platform now?

This isn't like X370 and X470 where only the highest end boards were worth a shit, we're getting serious boards across all segments now. The board vendors know the performance of the chip and have predicted it will come to dominate.

Surprise level: zero
AMD misrepresented Ryzen performance before during press events. If it turns out they did it again, it's just par for the course.

It's a money thing, Motherboard manufacturers are getting fucking paid this time around because of pcie 4. Other than that there is nothing different about them except for the beefier VRM's that's going to be implemented because of the massive power draw of the 12-16c variants. There's always a sucker out there to upgrade every year to some new shiny thing.

Good job guys. Fud AMD hard to dip the stock so we can accumulate more.

Doesn't matter. I'm a collosal faggot and would pay 2x for 9900kys even if it was 1/2 the performance it currently is after mitigations. Fuck you 99 percentsrs running 200 fps for $299.00 I would pay 20 million dollars for a nigger to pozz my wife while being cucked for 201 frames. I'm the best fuck you poor fags.

ex-Intel employee here. I know OP personally.
James just fuck off already. It's dead.

2666mhz is the officially supported speed for intel

zen 2 is 2933mhz i think

Meanwhile, Intel becnchmarked their Gen11 iGPU with 3700MHz and compared to AMD iGPU with 2400MHz

I don't think there even are any laptops with those memory speeds rofl

I just making a point to why they couldn't do it heads up at the same ram speed/timing. It isn't like intel can't hit those speeds, I'm running 4000mhz as we speak with an 8700K with just one click in the bios and i know nobody that runs their chips with cheap ram. Just seems a little bias and misleading for not having a true head to head comparison.

*4000mhz ram

AMD "supports" 2933 yet a lot of ICs won't even run.

Intel might have been ahead, but they don't support 2933 MHz ram.

You don't go against manufacturer specifications, do you, user?

4000Mhz RAM sounds like he was running it out of spec. No warranty for him.

Honestly user, I didn't even look at that picture.

This blatant disregard for a manufacturer's specifications is disgusting.

Well of coarse i do, It would be any fun owning a K chip if i didn't.

Attached: dsdsa.jpg (293x328, 48K)

Based and salesman pilled

ELI5?

Jow Forums requires 18+ to views/post.

user, please. You're scaring me. Just downclock that ram and everything will be alright.

Attached: 20934718392.png (223x226, 76K)

Source?????

5ghz all core with 4000mhz ram is based as fuck. Hopefully the ryzen bro's can do it soon.

i dont get it

JEDEC got zen2 at 3200

1 FPS is all that matters. the gist of it.

>eteknix gets a 2018 benchmark of cs go
>slap it as news
>intel fans suffering from buyer's remorse post it on Jow Forums

>Secondly, you can hardly blame any company for using creative methods to show their product in the best light possible. That has been the nature of salesmanship for over 100 years.
Literally
>its fine when AMD does it, but we will reee and scream if nvidia or intel does it.

>Independent benchmarks of CSGO
Nigga it's 2019 no one gives a fuck about your 300fps 720p placebo shit

Attached: 1553179317026.png (1440x1557, 738K)

>every single instance
tomshardware.com/news/intel-amd-computex-benchmark-epyc-xeon,39544.html

>no security patches
>optimized software
Incel is dead.

Try Team Fortress 2, that game really loves CPU

it was till 2950x came and buttfucked 7900x by like 100 fps more

>saving $100 on the cpu but spending $200 more on fast ram and $100 more on active cooled mobo with beefhuge VRMs
>worse ST performance, lower IPC and only equal MT
>no AVX
>poor synergy with nvidia (only gfx cards worth buying)
>zero real world performance gains from pcie4
>pointless exotic raid setups the average person will never use
>won’t be fully compatible with older boards, even after marketing that as a feature of ryzen over intel

Rypoo 3 shaping up as bulldozer 2.0

It's an intel marketing thread where intel marketers desperately try to downplay ryzen and 'prove' that intcel is still the best for gaming

This is your brain on Spectre/Meltdown/Zombieload.

you retards are not even funny anymore

because it's extremely hard to OC a shitty 2400MHz RAM into 3200MHz+...

actually it isn't. people buy here no enclosure samsung RAM here for peanut prices
it is technically says 2133, but 80% of those sticks easily reaches 3000-3200, some even go 3400
not CL14 timings of course or even 15, still good for the price

>Source: My colon

Same and then I'm going to upgrade to the 3950x if it somehow outperforms it in games.

SIr delet

Attached: amdloo.png (882x758, 316K)

Attached: 1559478864306.png (600x600, 32K)

Don't forget that their *new* poozen will only catch up to a stock 8700k

Attached: Ryzen_2700x_vs_8700k.png (629x1032, 72K)

looks good

3800x was in a bad spot IMO. Barely any performance increase over it's smaller brother.
3700X is where it's at

Too early to call that I think.
We don't know about all core boosts, XFR headroom, or OC capability.
Given the price difference the 3800X is binned for something, and it probably isn't that marginally higher single core boost.

a stock 3600 will catchup to a stock 8700k? what a shocker

Yeah there must be something else with the 3800X not on 'that' chart, that justifies the price hike.

>stock 3600
It could be just like every ryzen or any ayymd product
>oced to the Max without any Potential

is this an out of season April Fools joke?

>worse singlethread
guess that's why 4.5Ghz AMD can match a 5Ghz intel now, right?
>no AVX
are you fucking retarded, or do you consider AVX-512 to be the only AVX? AMD has native AVX and AVX2 now with faster execution than intel. AVX-512 is a massive meme, anyone using it would do better to use a GPU for their needs.

3600 at 3.6ghz is gonna beat an i7 8700k at 3.7ghz because it has the IPC advantage

100% this is photoshop, half of the text is blurry af and the other half is clear af, towards the end. Nice try intel fan boys

3200 ram can be found for less than 100 burgers today.

Why are we comparing digits with LOL? A fucking potato with spuds can run that game.

because intel shills like to compare cpus on decade old games that favor intel and use only 1 core

sir do the needful and delete this thread right now

AMD support for RAM is a total shit show

This doesen't say much, they could have increased the ipc because they knew that the new process wouldn't allow for higher clock speeds

but even then ryzen 3000 still beats skylake refresh cpus

you dont need to reach 5ghz if you get the same performance as the competition while being clocked lower

But still there could be a limit to oc potential and there would be no point in uprading for people with atleast kaby lake

There is no reason to assume that the voltage scaling in Zen 2's frequency range on TSMC 7nm HP will be as bad as it was on GloFo 14nm LPP and 12nm LP. They are different process nodes. All it would take to radically improve Zen 2's overclocking ability vs Zen + is for the voltage curve to just *slightly* less steep enough for overclocking to be a bit more thermally and wattage limited and a bit less voltage limited.

Sounds like a waste of power and an inferno. No thanks. There's a reason why data center processors that at highest bin don't even break 3Ghz... Intel fags and their retarded OC's for gaymen. Lastly, clock scaling is shit on intel because the internal CPU bus is decoupled from RAM speed. So, wild RAM Oc's don't achieve much unlike ryzen.
> Hopefully the ryzen bro's can do it soon.
No need. I enjoy 16 cores and copious amounts of ram + 3 nvme tied directly to the CPU and 4x PCIE slots (16/8/16/8) a lot more than a monkey brain delid this OC and meme tier RAM O/C that does little to nothing for overall performance.

(((tom's hardware))) hard pass

I used this opportunity to get another kike ripper for less than a 3800x. My x399 mobo will probably be less than X570 mobos too.
> mfw you use this opporunity when incel inside fags and Ryzen fags battle each other with retarded memes to get a discounted kikeripper setup that shits on all of them.
> mfw AVX is a meme
> mfw ST performance is a meme and focus of people who play shit tier game engines w/ garbage poojeet coding
> mfw this faggot used the word synergy
> mfw this faggot knows nothing about PCIE 4.0 Nvme drives
> mfw this faggot knows nothing about storage tiering software going mainstream
> mfw both sides of the isle are retards

Where is the sauce you shill? Regardless of performance, I'm done buying vulnerable hardware from Intel.

Attached: serveimage(4).jpg (670x795, 42K)

security issues, no hyperthreading, more cores and threads and pcie4 support is a good enough reason to upgrade from either skylake, kaby lake, coffee lake or coffee lake refresh
personally i have a ryzen 5 2600 and im going to upgrade to the 3700x once it comes out, mostly because it has 8 cores 16 threads and i9 9900k performance