Hey user my macbook is running out of storage space

>hey user my macbook is running out of storage space
>you're good with computers, can you help me upgrade it
>yeah no problem

Attached: 1541583160627.jpg (1200x900, 100K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satya_Nadella
laptopmag.com/reviews/best-laptops-1
apple.com/uk/shop/buy-mac/macbook-pro/15-inch
cnet.com/topics/laptops/best-laptops/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

In case of a Macbook that is literally the cheapest and most efficient option so what is your point faggot?

Is that two externals velcroed to a macbook? Probabley cheaper then apple putting in a hard drive for you i guess

MACTODDLERS BTFO

Attached: 1536718388862.gif (540x304, 1.78M)

based

you can't put any drive in any modern macbook

why wouldnt you just buy a larger capacity drive at, say, Fry's (or wherever) and replace the smaller stock drive?

Attached: what a idiot.jpg (1500x625, 133K)

read the post above

the storage is soldered to the motherboard

That's an actual solution to a (retarded aplel) problem. Atleast you aren't giving any money to Apple for Icloud storage or whatever

>you can't put any drive in any modern macbook
Well, I must be Mr Amazing then. I did.
Simples.

Really? You desoldered the ssd from the logic board while removing and obtaining a new security chip to replace it?

White logo is 2015 or older, all of which support replacing drives with official Apple ones or 3rd party drives with a cheap adapter. 2012 or older is just a SATA drive.

He said modern though.

The one in the picture isn't soldered, it's M.2.

The one in the OP picture could have been upgraded though.

OP's pic is just a meme of some people that stuck external HDs to the back of a macbook.

When is a MacBook literally the cheapest and most efficient option? Unless someone gave you one it isn't.

Apple themselves wont service anything older than three years so only 2016 and later count

What if I have Apple Care?

well thankfully i can just plug an external ssd in and not worry about the port bottlenecking r/w speed thanks to TB3. Chinkpad posters filtered

based

cringe

seethe

based and redpilled

What's going on in the picture

Fuck you faggot I'n watching the entire season of Gabriel Dropout and it's all your fault. I had never watched animu in my entire life. (Other than non-weeb shit like Saint Seiya)

>i want to fuck vigne

nwm i've read the thread

SEETHING

based

Macbook air is the best value for money laptop.

You literally cant find anything better. Even Macbook Pros only have a couple of laptops that truly are a "better deal" namely Dell XPS and Lenovo Carbons X1.

Literally everything else is trash.

Linus beat you to it

Attached: ltt.jpg (224x248, 13K)

POO IN LOO

Can you show me a better value for money laptop other than what i mentioned above?

Literally anything is better than shitbooks.

Attached: 1538218603035.jpg (768x893, 184K)

Macbook air is the worst value for money laptop.

You literally cant find anything worse. Even Throttlebook Pros aren't as bad. Literally everything Applel shits out is trash.

Attached: 1550401713322.jpg (1800x4500, 1.93M)

The Pajeet has spoken dear sirs. Pls do the needful.

Attached: 1554133157398.jpg (450x399, 140K)

>Macs are shit
>Provide an alternative
>No
Jow Forums 2019

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satya_Nadella

>Macs are bes
>Provide zero proof
>B-B-BUT MUH APEL
iPoojeets 2019

Attached: 1557216009022.jpg (643x960, 255K)

>2013 figures
>has to compare Wh to time

haha holy fuck

Attached: 2018-MacBook-Pro-Wi-Fi-Battery-640x480.jpg (640x480, 36K)

I said macs are best value for money latops, you disagree but cant show me a single better value latop.

You do realize Microsoft's CEO is Indian right?

>Macbook air is the best value for money laptop
That's a really dumb statement. You are living in your fantasies, user. Please, define "value".

In Australia they're pretty good

Dell XPS is the only one that comes out cheaper with high specs but not by much like $300

Macbook pro still great with 4x Thunderbolt 3

Show me a windows laptop with equal or better specs for less.

"Value for money" has a standardized definition in the tech industry

bass

You said macshit are best value for money latops, you haven't provided a single fact besides taking a shit in the street.

You do realize Apple's founder literally shat in the street right?

Attached: 1555336882169.png (695x1614, 1.06M)

Yeah, Dells XPS are the only real competitor for them, but even then it just depends on what upgrades (or lack of) Dell and Apple decide to do or not do with each generation

Literally every $50 laptop on eGay is a better buy than your 1366x768 Shitheap Air.

you haven't provided a single counter argument either.

you say im wrong but cant prove im wrong. literally bring up best buy and show me a fucking laptop that competes you mong

so thats why you havent provided one?

lay off the meth cunt

Macshit just can't compete.

Apple has had the worst build quality in the industry for 3 decades running. It's not even a contest. Even HP are higher quality than Macshit.

Attached: 1551398556348.jpg (2000x1333, 455K)

you haven't provided a single argument

you say you're right but cant prove it

Most gaymen laptops have twice the performance at half the price also with those mac thermals they just are computers engineered to fail

what do i need to provide? literally the only laptops with comparable specs to macbooks in the same price range are Dell XPS and Lenovo Carbons?

Do you want me to link their websites or something?

What are you asking me to provide exactly?

Gaymen laptops arent in the same class.

they have no battery life and lackluster CPU and GPU optimization.

They are literally twice the size and run hotter than the macs do.

you also need to spend atleast as much as a macbook to get something that runs even half as well as a mac

>comparable specs to macbooks
Why do you need comparable specs when macshit needs 10X the power to keep up with Walmart Celeron laptops?
Applel is a fucking joke.

Attached: 1532675725705.png (1280x888, 1.05M)

You do realize Microsoft makes software, not hardware, is worth almost a trillion snd at least isn't run by a literal faggot like tim cuck

Gaming laptops are just micro desktops anyway, they need to be plugged into power if you wanna use it for more than 45 minutes

Dude Macbooks always throttle and never hit turbo. They also break all the time. Screen and battery are the only 2 things going for macbooks. Even MacOS runs better on hackintosh

Seems like you have no clue of what you're talking about

>too poor to afford iCloud

Lol

>slower CPU
>still 10X faster than fagbook
AAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
Mactoddlers B T F O

Macbooks throttle during post what do you expect? Engibeered to fail 100% ever since Apple went Intel

Surely you dont actually think this is real?

Find the macbook on this list.

Check it macfag
Macbooks have always had industry worst thermals

Surely you don't think actually think shitting in the street is normal.

>tfw

Attached: 1551004977202.jpg (2592x1944, 392K)

You need to provide a foundation to your argument you fucking idiot, an empty statement is just that - a statement, not an argument

You fucking moron albeit unsurprising

bass

b a s e d

apple.com/uk/shop/buy-mac/macbook-pro/15-inch

>£2349 for the base 15" MBP with a microscopic 256GB SSD
>Replacing it with a 2TB drive costs an additional £1080, no HDD option
>Note: MacBook Pro storage is not user accessible. If you think you may need more storage capacity in the future, consider upgrading at the time of purchase.

Silly Apple, you're supposed to use a little SSD as your OS drive, not as your only storage!

How in the fuck are you expected to operate a computer in 2019 with only 256 giblets of storage? I have cheap flash drives lying around in the footwell of my car that have bigger capacities than a Macbook 'Pro'.

Attached: 1542455570208.jpg (383x472, 43K)

>using a laptop instead of a workstation for workstation tasks

>How in the fuck are you expected to operate a computer in 2019 with only 256 giblets of storage?
The real question is, How in the fuck are you expected to operate a computer in 2019 with only 50MB/s write speed of HDD storage?

>only 256 giblets of storage?
It has thunderbolt ports, 40Gbps. You can connect an external raid system, as big as you want, that is faster than any PCIe internal ssd, let alone an HDD. And also much more expandable.
That's what all photosudios I've worked with do.
>inb4 why use a laptop
Tethered shooting, it's standard know and many clients expect it and the models feel more comfortable with it cause they can instantly preview their shots in a biggish screen (compared to camera lcd).

>but expensive
You're not supposed to pay for it, your boss buys it for you. It's a work tool, you don't bring your own tools to work.

>Apple themselves wont service anything older than three years
wait what? how often do they think people buy new laptops?

>using it wrong
i just got back from a business trip overseas, it's nice to be able to do some small tasks in solidworks while away from my desk

Sell MBP with standard small SSD
Make large drives prohibitively expensive
Force consumers to us iCloud
Sell consumers' info to third party Juden
Profit

Buy a mobile workstation then.
Macbooks are only meant for light browsing, not for rendering or any sort of work since work is for plebs.

BaSeD

dude, this is a 6 year old machine i picked up for $30
it's far from a workstation, it even has a ULV cpu
but it doesn't overheat, so i can render or run simulations if i want to, because it's a computer, and i should be able to expect to use it to it's fullest extent without it catching fire or slowing down

get a load of this retard, he STILL hasn't posted anything, lmao

Not anyone from this thread but if I understood correctly you are talking about Macbook Air. Can you name some properties where it's better than alternatives? Like for example:
>upgradeability/serviceability better than competition
>IPS panel with better colors than others
>removable/hot-swappable battery, maybe upgradeable battery to a larger one
>keyboard with better typing feedback than alternatives
>better thermal engineering that doesn't throttle the CPU more than the competition
>better user experience hardware wise, like more practical ports than alternatives or separate physical volume buttons
and so on, you get the idea.

The rMBPs, before they fucked the keyboard, had removable storage. They appear to be Apple-specific drives, but a cheap adapter reveals them to be regular M.2 with a weird pinout.

>mac
Found your problem.

Funny how the Apple shill delegated to this thread didn't reply to this post.

Attached: IMG_20190327_114208_174.jpg (1280x853, 272K)

mactoddlers cant defend this

no, I want the other faggot post some notebook he thinks is better instead of arguing about arguments

>can't even post one metric where the fagbook air is better
It's ok, I guess we can't ask you for the impossible.

Find the macbook on this list.

>windows 10 everywhere
no thanks

Still better than the abortion that is fagOS. Applel is decades behind even MS.

Attached: 1550805363742.png (588x717, 261K)

Just point out where the macbook is on the list bro, try looking under the "best laptop" listing it's gotta be there right?

what is an hp spectre, huawei matebook (if u dont mind chinese botnet), surface laptop 2, idea pad 730s, zenbook ux310

seems to me like you have never even used macOS and you are just parroting everything Jow Forums says

Find the macbook on this list. You can do it champ. I believe in you.

>laptopmag
literally who?

here's list by cnet
cnet.com/topics/laptops/best-laptops/

>m.2 in a macbook
Stupid faggot actually thinks Apple doesn't use proprietary PCI form factors. Smh. Nu/g/ sucks so much dick

fry's doesnt sell NAND flash chips

Because Apple solders the NAND flash chips to the board. You can't remove or upgrade it without a reflow workstation.

B