Code monkeys BTFO

Code monkeys BTFO.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-02-11 at 12.36.14 AM.png (1264x696, 212K)

Other urls found in this thread:

rowanzellers.com/grover/
businessinsider.com/journalists-brains-function-at-a-lower-level-than-average-2017-5
kiwifarms.net/threads/katelyn-burns-katelyn-anne-garrett-kyle-burns-garrett-transscribe-closettransgirl-tabz_ftw.30751/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>make a thread for a twitter screenshot
why are you doing this? Surely there's something technology-related that you also find interesting and could contribute to the board.

A consumer tech thread died for this.

Lol but journalism is dead

based

MV TREE R0
MV ROPE R1
JMP JOURNALIST

some assembly is required

>6 months
big doubt. journalists are generally STEM dropouts. even web dev would probably be too much for them considering most of them can't even edit a few paragraphs of english.

mov $journalist, %r0
jmp gallows

is there such a thing as an intelligent journalist?

serious question

seems like an easy degree, and all journalism you see today is just stupid clickbait designed to attention grab, and is extremely politically biased

>learn to code
>sell web programming/hosting services to journalists
>get that sweet adspam money

>journalism

Attached: journalist-level.png (1281x584, 231K)

this legitimately isn't even close to true

Unironically based. Trump supporters assholes are getting destroyed lol

Not true at all. In fact, coders have already written a program to replace journalists.
Neural Fake News generator: rowanzellers.com/grover/

Attached: IMG_20190509_153204.jpg (400x240, 15K)

They're all smart if they make money. Journalism and news are products. If they can get you to click then they've won. Biased and controversial is good because people will post it everywhere just to be mad about it. The Huffington post has had their garbage posted by the POTUS on multiple occasions. That's good ad-revenue.
The media is sold to you. They arent doing it out of kindness

Lying is not hard though. I do it all the time on the Internet.

Liar.

Lmao imagine being the brainlet that lies for free

Partly true due creative jobs obviously being harder than code monkey work but given how most journalists are just rewording shit from other sources, a code monkey would feel right at home.

Yup. Being a modern journalist is pretty hard. First you have to press ctrl-c, then you have to press ctrl-v. Difficult stuff

They should be used to having to press two buttons at the same time, given they all use macs with one mouse button, and have to do it in order to have right click functionality.

10 ways to be a jounalist

1 Be right to the point
When you start writing shite that noone cares about, you don't need frills to cover your topic, you should go right to the point!

2 Be smart but accessible
Journalists are always trying to sound smart, but you should keep it simple too!

3 Eight topics like this, fuck off

>the fact
What fact? Something you made up to make yourself feel better?
We aren't talking about investigative journalists here. These are just "journalists" sitting in offices typing up opinion piece articles about whatever they feel is important to them each day.
We do that shit all the time already. It's called "blogs".

Yes, there are intelligent journalists.
They just don't make up the majority of web journalism.

That's simply not true.

False. I've written circles around dipshit leftists before and can do it again. Coding beyond simple monkey tasks is more challenging, but doable

is that real? i knew journos were fucked but that's some next level shit.

Ask them to write a FizzBuzz.

Oof.

I don't even know what to say to this. Does anyone actually believe this? Does she even believe it herself? Not sure if shes trying to cope or if she's actually this dumb, but the majority of the human population seems borderline retarded so I wouldn't be surprised.

Coding is piss easy brainlet

Stop typing like a redditor

Anyone that has taken a college level English course is literally just as good as 90% of the "journalists" out there. Because that's all most of them have done.

This.

These are the types of people who think art is the essence of society. Think of any generic arthoe they probably hold shakespeare above galileo in terms of contributions to society.

Cue the 1337 hax0rs to brag about how badass they are.

this is coming from someone who doesn't even know what DRAM is

>Skilled laborer can't be a journalist in 6 months
>Journalist can be a coder in 6 months
>Skilled laborer can be a coder in 6 months

So what I get from this is that anybody can code in 6 months, and that journalism is a field that is difficult to enter, mostly because to get views it requires a strong bias and poor moral compass to mislead viewers into reading about boring things

j*urnos are literally subhuman
businessinsider.com/journalists-brains-function-at-a-lower-level-than-average-2017-5

>Your Expectations Are Wrong on This Topic, and That's a Good Thing
journalism a easy

>tfw journalists think programming is easy
hahahahahaha

Attached: 1557052623210.jpg (480x539, 26K)

You mean copying text from other news sources, call Wikipedia a source and make bait titles?

>implying that I have a job and want to contribute to society.

nice meme

Attached: 1557104117452.jpg (650x433, 50K)

>Sample size: 40
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

when it's not twitter screenshots, it's retards taking screenshots from reddit for news stories and not posting any links. this shit is cancer.

I'm pretty sure I can buy and rewrite AP articles with no problems.

i could probably code a (((jurnalist))) in a week

Waiting for AI to make journalists obsolete.

good thing she speaks so low of (((Journalists))) since they only run their mouths for storys without any backup. propagandists, the lot of them.

I am honesly tired of this and I wish I could do something about it.

>being a journalist is hard
>in a time where you get millions of clicks just for putting "racism" or "white men" in the title of your article

Attached: soipepe.gif (150x150, 1.07M)

Still cant believe the shill media aka the try guys havent fallen for the meme just produce content

That's because I can't learn to be retarded

Okay, let's switch then.
I want to see how a dumb retarded pseudo-journalist will react in an environment where they need to actually abide by strict rules in order to communicate with a machine even though they are too mentally retarded to abide by a single page of the SPJ Code of Ethics that a child could learn to recite in a day.

Attached: 1541225513354.jpg (400x400, 28K)

>make up shit
>my sources say
>someone questions sources
>I STAND BY MY SOURCES
>journalist code!
>opinion pieces every other week to fill gaps

>journalists making unsubstantiated claims
Sounds about right.

GO WOKE, GO BROKE.
>GAWKER MEDIA
BTFO AND LOSING ALL MONEY,
AIN'T WORTH SHIT,
NOBODY WANTS TO BUY IT,
IT'S SELLING UNDERVALUED,
THE SJW GARBAGE IS BEING FIRED
>UNIVISION COMMUNICATIONS WHICH BOUGHT GAWKER DOGSHIT
>Deadspin, Gizmodo/io9, Jalopnik, Jezebel, Kotaku, Lifehacker, Splinter
AIN'T WORTH SHIT,
NOBODY WANTS TO BUY IT,
>SALON MEDIA GROUP
>worth 1.5 Billion in 2006
AIN'T WORTH SHIT,
NOBODY WANTS TO BUY IT,
>NeoGAF
IN THE YEAR OF 2017,
SJW's INFESTED THIS TRASH BIN
CORRUPT SMEAR MERCHANT "JOURNALISTS", PEDOPHILE MODS,
AND FINALLY A RAPIST "FEMINIST" ADMIN,
DOWN WENT THE SHIP OF SJW FAMINE

GO WOKE, GO BROKE
GO WOKE, GO BROKE

Attached: [Worth 1.5 Billion in the past] Salon Media Announces $5 Million Sale, ‘Bankruptcy and Liquidation (1070x818, 446K)

lol journalists are the worst fucking cunts in this world

expect access to everything otherwise you're suppressing them

The supermicro story last year was terrible, everyone denied it and did own audits and even their source said he was asked how someone would do it then they just printed that saying it happened with some diagrams

>In addition, Rob Joyce, a Homeland Security advisor and NSA official, also said on Tuesday that despite his call for additional information, he has not seen any evidence supporting the Bloomberg Businessweek story.

>Super Micro said on Tuesday it had hired a third-party investigations firm that found no malicious hardware on any Super Micro motherboards, and it had specifically tested the types of motherboards discussed in the article. Reuters reports that the third-party firm is Nardello & Co.

>No other reporters have been able to independently corroborate the allegations and Apple CEO Tim Cook has asked for a retraction.

>The U.S. Department of Homeland Security said it has “no reason to doubt” the companies.

She's right you know. Journalism is hard work, you code monkeys would never be able to hack it.

Attached: Cracked then and now.jpg (1024x1176, 285K)

>Amerifats have dedicated websites for clickbait
You never fail to impress. But what does it have to do with journalism?

The people who taunted journalists with that were nazi incels who couldn't program to save their life though, not programmers.

>implying Cracked isn't peak journalism
okay user, do any of pic-related meet your journalistic standards?

Attached: media hipocrisy collage.jpg (2018x2844, 482K)

the whole point was when blue-collar workers were losing their jobs, there were journalists saying that it's no big deal because they could just "learn to code."
That, plus the fact that journalism is absolutely pathetic right now and it's been mostly hacks at places like Gawker and Cracked that are losing their jobs.

Oh please user i think i would be an amazing tweet reviewer.

>the whole point was when blue-collar workers were losing their jobs, there were journalists saying that it's no big deal because they could just "learn to code."
Never happened.

wait a minute, some cunt is asserting that a liberal arts major will be good at pure engineering discipline?

what the fuck I am reading? have you seen node_modules? this is exactly a product of liberal arts majors.

Probably both would be equally terrible at each other's job

Fuck knows how terrible the people who are saying "learn to code" are though

The average programmer could write a program to automate the blog spam these idiots put out.

Literally Jow Forums

Attached: pol.png (495x231, 87K)

Well ah might not be ah big city journalist, but it seems to me that facts are things that actually happen and the journalists job is to report on them thar facts.
*Bwakerk!*

Attached: bbb6av6m29u01.jpg (1000x752, 55K)

coding isn't like learning a French. It's more like solving problems efficiently

Yes, But 99% internet journalist aren't journalist, usually droupout humanities or unemployed hobbist are hire for copy and paste news.

none of those are serious journalism
american journalism mostly sucks anyways

No, I thing I'd be a better journalist than 99% of people at Buzzfeed and Vice.

Pfff. Program is mostly the same as journalism - you also go on the internet, find something someone else wrote, modify it slightly and then use it.
The difference is that Programming also requires you to sometimes write things yourself and the things you write become increasingly complex beasts that eventually require more documentation than a journalist writes custom articles.
Computers are much more picky than editors and human readers when it comes to accepting text and understanding your intent.

And even though journalists will never understand this truth, they continue to attempt to write articles about technology.

Journalism used to be a respectable profession that served a vital role in society, used to be.

>doesn't understand the purpose of opinion sections
you're a literally retard

have sex

>learn to code
>coder
Trust me, you can't do my job at all, let alone in 6 months.

If journalists were as wrong with sports as they are with science and technology there'd be fucking riots

yellow journalism has always existed, what's the alarming is how good they've gotten at it

>I quit my job as a code monkey to work as a journalist for 6 months, and here's why that's a good thing

And with that I'm at least good as 85% of professional journalists.

How did you deduce he didn't understand it? And not all of those are opinions, some are presented as factual. And even if they are opinions, if you change your opinion that easily, maybe don't broadcast it.
Basically, you don't have an argument. You just made a baseless claim and didn't present anything.

Why do people with the most worthless jobs always have such a high opinion of what they do?
Do they not realize they are little more than glorified bloggers?

How many more journos do you need before the data becomes meaningful?

>lower than average ability...to suppress biases
big think

kiwifarms.net/threads/katelyn-burns-katelyn-anne-garrett-kyle-burns-garrett-transscribe-closettransgirl-tabz_ftw.30751/

shocking that another bluecheck vice journo is a tranny

>"journalists"
literally every retard can write an article