Previous thread
>Read

>GNU/Linux questions?
>PC building?
>Programming questions?
>Good, cheap, laptops?
>Cheap electronics?
>Buying headphones?
>How to activate any version of windows?
>Where can I get Win 7 or LTSC?
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt
pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7

Attached: 1546305868697.jpg (638x1024, 163K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/product/jbbp99/crucial-memory-ct2kit102464bf160b
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Include_guard
github.com/chisaka-kr/GetTwitterToken
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why does this keep happening? On both my SDD and HDD?

Attached: 4324324324444.jpg (674x674, 18K)

>we
Who's we?

Be more specific about your problem.

I miss the shotas on the OP

What is systemd? What does it do, why do people hate it and why do people like it?

Attached: 1550263673984.jpg (1280x807, 280K)

If Linus and Richard both worked on the same OS then why are there no pictures of them together

Hey anons, I'm currently trying to set up an OpenVPN server and when I want to generate a cert using easyrsa it wants a bunch of personal information like country and organization. Why do I need to provide this stuff to get a cert? I've never really dealt with certs before so I don't really understand how they work or why you need to provide that. Would it be bad if I just provided fake information. Would it make my server less secure or something?

Reposting >Is there a script that disables automatic progression of youtube playlists? Even with music I want to listen to just one track more often than not, and with everything else it's just plain fucking annoying.

Something we dont need and introduces bloat but makes things easier so its here to stay.

Outside stallman when was the last time you saw someone related to linux and privacy to take photos of themselves?

Stallman hasent worked on anything since 91. Since then he accepts "donations" so he can continue being fat and yelling inane things at people that innovate while he stagnates and breaks his "morals" when ever they are convenient to his personal life.

I can't open any images in some folders. Folders on my SDD and even HDD.

Try to open them in paint, can you do it?
If so your image viewer is fucked.

so I'm connecting to the internet through a painfully slow mobile connection in a third world country,
My phone's internet while slow is usable. Jow Forums loads for instance in 5-10 seconds. It's better than nothing.
On my laptop however the internet seems about 10x slower again. Pages rarely succeed in loading at all. I can sometimes load Jow Forums but any more complex website like paypal takes forever.
>why is internet so much slower on my laptop?
I run linux mint. I don't get this problem when not in this third world country.

I'm trying to rip my old Harry Potter PC games to give to a friend, but for some fucking reason no program I have can rip it, as it gives me a sector error. I think the CDs are encrypted somehow because they're the only ones that do this
What do I do? Is there a program I can use?

So they only open in certain folders. Anything on my desktop wont, downloads yes, and other folders are hit and miss.

That shit comes with all kinds of DRM. You're not gonna be able to crack it.

what are the alternatives to the reddit app? I use it without an account but I'd like to subscribe to subreddits locally so I can lurk only the stuff I want

pcpartpicker.com/product/jbbp99/crucial-memory-ct2kit102464bf160b
Is this a good buy for my x230 Thinkpad?

You're telling me that DRM from the early 00s for a licensed PC game has never been cracked?

Not in a generic way. There's probably 5 cracked versions of the game running round the webs.

yes but why do you need 16GB RAM in a x230?

Apollo

But nigga just make an account. That’s exactly what the point of subscriptions are

What's the deal with M.2 SSDs and do I need a separate one for a boot drive?

Any updated Firefox about:config guides out there for the modern man? The installgentoo wiki seems outdated

They are just SSDs designed to be small.
You can get them in SATA and NVMe mode, no performance difference outside server, editing and enterprise use.

Just get a 860 EVO or a SU800.

I've never bought or mined any crypto, can I get a quick rundown?
I guess who do I pick for a wallet, where do I buy, where to sell, trading, etc.

Attached: bear in Lain suit.png (500x500, 123K)

Thanks.
But to elaborate on my question, is it okay to just get one big SSD to have Windows on and also use it for everything else, or is it better to have one big one for most things and another small one for OS, and if so, what size is best?

>github.com/ghacksuserjs/ghacks-user.js
read the wiki there

Just get a big one because its a pain to manage later on since you will be running out of space all the time.

Any idea when the i5 9500 is releasing?

Intel says it launched already, but I guess it's not on the market yet.

Quick rundown you are late as fuck.
Its called gold rush for a reason.

Thanks.

Bump

probably permissions
compare the folder permissions to where
you can open it and to where you can't

My SSD won't boot. Just says "bootmgr not found" when I try. I can boot from my hard drive just fine though and can access the files on my SSD.

Any commands I can run and point to the drive? Or software? I just keep reading I need to use the startup repair media but when I do it can't find the SSD, so I'm a little fucked.

Worst case scenario, your hd is corrupted

>hard way
rebuild boot partition from a USB
>Easy way
Copy files to other drive and reinstall.

I have no idea what's going on with it now.

So it's only File Explore I can't open anything.

Can you write to the SSD? My SSD wasn't booting and I figured out that when an SSD "dies" it gets locked into a permanent read-only mode. You can access the data but any attempt to write fails.

Because some of the classes in my degree plan are taught by a teacher with a hard-on for VMs and I'd like to recreate and test my environment at home. Also I was hoping I could run some games now because I don't give a shit about graphics but can't deal with Terraria shitting itself every time more than 2 enemies are on screen.

lets say i have a folder full of folders. how do i move all the shit into those folders, into the main folder. on mac

Yeah, I can. If anything this has taught me to start running backups again.

is there a way to get rid of this or is it another """"""""""""feature""""""""""

Attached: ss (2019-06-01 at 09.42.15).png (124x22, 1K)

Anyone know if any regular USB-C extension cable can be used with VirtualLink to hook to a VR, or does it have to specifically be a VirtualLink USB-C extender?

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MyComputer\NameSpace\{0DB7E03F-FC29-4DC6-9020-FF41B59E513A}]
[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MyComputer\NameSpace\{0DB7E03F-FC29-4DC6-9020-FF41B59E513A}]
Save as .reg and run. Next time try using google.

What temps do your nvmes run at ? Idle? normal load? heavy load ?

Attached: 1546489008139.png (678x630, 390K)

Think of a certificate as a driver's licence. It's something that has been given to you by a trusted authority that can confirm details about you and it's also hard to produce a fake one. If you need to prove your identity you can use your driver's licence and people will trust the information on it is correct because 1. the government probably verified the information before giving you the card, and 2. these cards are hard to fake.

When you connect to a website your browser will request the server prove it's identity and it does so by sending you a certificate which acts like your licence. It contains information about that has been verified by a trusted authority and is difficult to fake. The personal information you provide to the signing authority is so they can verify you're allowed to be issued a certificate and aren't some scammer trying to get a certificate for a site you don't own. Surprisingly a certificate signing authority once issued a google certificate to some scammers and they used it to steal millions of gmail passwords by pretending to be the real gmail servers (and browsers trusted them because the certificate was valid). This is why signing authorities ask you for personal details.

I'm gonna guess it's super specific. At any rate, USB-C cables can include/lack support for a number of voltages and standards, so "any regular USB-C extension cable" is likely to not cut it.

what is /g's recommendation for best router

Why the HECK am I getting these errors constantly on Jow Forums lately? If I am on https I just get a weird error because of their redirect and I gotta go to http version to click accept, then go back to wherever I was trying to go. It's annoying! Only seen it the past day or so. Is this happening on my router (which they gave me) or at the ISP level somehow? Can I disable it?

Attached: Untitled.png (863x755, 29K)

Login into your router and look through the settings. Information to do so will typically be on a sticker on the device.

Yeah I did but I didn't see anything that looked related to this kind of filtering shit, firewall only had pretty basic options and is on "low" as it always has been.

Um, guys? My ohmmeter is completing the circuit and letting current flow. I didn't think they did that. Can anybody shed some light on this?

Attached: 1542836498708.jpg (637x900, 162K)

Don't use the DNS your ISP gave you.

When I was connecting my new power supply to the motherboard I got a pretty big shock and there were a few sparks as I was plugging it in. Do you think it's still safe to use?

Yeah that makes sense, any good alternatives? All I know about is like google DNS but idk how safe that is to use

>Easy
OpenNIC
>Hard
DNSCrypt

Might want to try GoodbyeDPI.

Just wanted to thank the anons who helped me with the compilers questions last week, I got an A+ on my test!

Attached: 1559140808997.jpg (417x489, 129K)

Does the GIGABYTE X470 AORUS come with the driver installation?

And does it come in optical drive or usb type cause new cases doesn't support optical drives

Attached: 1412157450852.png (244x331, 67K)

I have a Toshiba Satellite from like 2012. I installed Linux Mint over Windows 10, then I HAD to use Windows, torrented a W10 ISO and got done with it. Now I want to partition my HDD and install a Linux distro again but I can't boot into BIOS anymore?

I was doing it with Fn+F2. Have tried just F2, and also ESC.

What could have happened?

9.9.9.9 quad9
1.1.1.1 OpenDNS
213.73.91.35 Chaos Computer Club (DE)

My first build, any opinions before I boot this bad boy up?

Attached: 1354937429432.jpg (636x479, 148K)

Why the fuck does github now show "this year" or "last year" for commits instead of "X months ago"? I didn't change anything on my end.

do school/work computers need the internet to send emails to coworkers or is that done internally?

Attached: 729.png (645x729, 58K)

What do you mean ?

>not running LTSC

What's the best algorithm/data structure for representing a theoretically infinite but discrete 2d space? What about 3d?

Ok, I set my DNS to OpenDNS on my PC's settings, and verified on their site that this DNS is in fact being used, but I still get comcast blocking Jow Forums URLs occasionally. There are also DNS settings on my router that I am not able to access (OpenDNS's own FAQ confirms this) but are those even relevant or do the PC DNS settings override them anyway?

It depends on how they setup the network, most unis and schools will have it on the internet in the sense that anyone can email a professor or faculty member. If you work at some secret NSA base or something though it can be possible that it’s a LAN that’s closed off from the rest of the internet.

is this an accurate representation of a common computer network? for example at a school or hospital. If not, how is it done or what other ways is it done?

Attached: diagram.jpg (571x569, 54K)

What's more important for emulating console games, IPC or overall CPU performance?

It's pretty much a representation of a home network. (MOST) commercial networks aren't that flat. Typically with multiple locations they'll be connected over a VPN tunnel between physical locations so that devices anywhere in the organisation can contact any others.
Nowdays they Azure or AWS it but in big organisations you get VLANs and firewalls and segmented business units, with administration being locked off.

Hey guys, question on Android. Possible to setup a hidden secondary account? Or is special ROM required?

will i regret upgrading to a 1440p monitor if i watch alot of 1080/720p videos?

I've been running one for 3 months now and haven't regretted a thing. Gaymen and high refresh too.

Will I notice any performance impact if I reduce my ram from 12gb to 8gb if my memory usage virtually never goes above 8gb?

Which is more important when buying RAM, CAS Latency or Mhz?
Bearing in mind it seems easier for me to find higher Mhz in 8GB RAM sticks than it does to find ones with latency below 16 that aren't several hundred Mhz below the ones with one more measure of latency.

Which one did you go with?

In C++ what's the best practice for including h files?
If an h file requires an h file, should I put the #include in the h file, or should I just put all includes in main?
Or is there some way to do it where it stops you from including it twice?

Not him but, that all seems kinda irrelevant for creating a certificate for OpenVPN. The only person creating certificates, or interacting with the signing authorities on your server is you. And the signing authority on your server isn't doing anything with that information to check if it's right. The important part is the key in the certificate. The name and such doesn't matter for a personal OpenVPN server.
720p on WQHD is great, since you can just have it 1:1 in one corner of the screen while still having a browser open next to it. And fullscreen is just doubling it, which is generally one of the better ways to scale video.

Include them where you need them and use include guards.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Include_guard

What are some good resources to learn graph theory?

I have this old netbook Acer Aspire One D270. I have found that there is a newer version of the BIOS. Should I install it? I have heard that it could damage your computer forever. Would it change something? If it is downloaded directly from the manufacturer website it shoudn't be dangerous right?

Can a windows machine get infected if you immediately extract a zip file and then delete its content again? (without clicking any content)

if there's a bug in the zip extraction, or any software which scans the files like an antivirus, so yeah

Comfy image

What's the best place to install an M.2 SSD?
Above or below the GPU?

Attached: 1559023641762.jpg (1024x1024, 120K)

>C++
Making an array of unit test for my Node struct with object, result pairs.
std::pair(new Node,0);
>error: no matching function for call to 'std::pair::pair(Node, int)'
std::pair a(new Node,0);
I read that Node needs a default constructor, which I have and that initialises all it's members. Any idea what this issue is?

Above, or whatever is closer to the CPU.

well my mobo documentation says all 3 are the same speed, some do share bandwidth with PCI slots and SATA ports but I don't use those, so I'm asking more about temp.

I don't have it in my hands yet so I can't test.

Attached: 1559022299914.jpg (1140x1520, 123K)

Can you explain further?

I extracted *a lot* file, the antivirus found some malware, and I deleted the files again.

can someone help me make head over heels of this chink shit github repo?

github.com/chisaka-kr/GetTwitterToken

It's for the twitter bot api.

Says that it takesTwitter Consumer key / Consumer secret as input, and outputs Twitter Access token / Token secret.

If this actually works then its a pretty cool deal, and I'm trying to get it work with visual studio 2017 but my C# experience is a little rusty and I'm running into pic related:

if this code works, I'm really genuinely curious what it does. to my knowledge the twitter api uses OAuth, so is it feasible to generate authorization keys if you only have consumer keys?

srry for the rambling post, but thx

Attached: file.png (1625x826, 222K)

unless there's a bug in the software which processed those files and they exploited that bug you're probably fine

How does one actually verify a scene release downloaded via torrent? I know that I can look up the various releases for games online, but what would stop anyone from just naming his torrent according to the convention and including the proper NFO while modifying binaries to inlude malicious code?
I haven't found a site which provides infohashes or other reliable information which would allow me to verify that the torrent I'm downloading is in fact a scene release.
I would love to hear your input on this, user.

Attached: orly026.jpg (474x621, 52K)

This pic makes me physically uneasy

do you have the .net framework version listed in the App.config file?