Too late?

27yo, too late for start learn programming?
I'm interested in the following: C, Earlang, Go, JavaScript, Lua, Perl, Python, Rust, shell scripting, some Lisp dialect
Choose one for me, be nice.

Attached: boomer.jpg (900x900, 93K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wirth's_law
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

just kys, retard

What do you want to program for?

Languages are a tool, each has a specific problem to solve.

Learn lisp. You get to understand shit better and the dialects are kinda similar to understand too.
Watch MIT lectures on SICP then read the book yourself

use python. programming is about breaking a problem down realizing every stop to solve it. software engineering is about realizing the what you're trying to build how you can actually build it then making it. there isn't really a too old to learn it actually i think middle aged men are probably better at it desu.

Agreed, if you want a general propose language then python provides the most out of the box. Once you get specialized then you can move into a more complex language.

>late for start learn
no such thing, you are just being lazy.
You were born during the information age, there is no excuse to not know how operate a computer.

is not too late if you are not dying soon

I'm just starting to learn and I'm 29
Following C++ tutorials on learncpp using codelite
I have no idea wtf I'm doing but this shit's interesting

Attached: boom.jpg (621x635, 57K)

I'm concern more about how systems are done (how kernels, shell, userland, etc, works). I know that probably C is the goto here, but today Rust and Go are turning in the same direction.
At the same time I know that javascript and python have the most jobs oportunities. Besides I don't like the mess thas is the web today, if I get a job opportunity, why not?
...sorry the bad english

Attached: Daisuke-Aramaki.jpg (1000x600, 286K)

Yeah, kys ultraboomer

Maybe Python is the best choice of the list, as now is popular, has demand and is easy to start getting thing done

A language does not teach about the systems you are talking about.

C is the system language.

C++/Rust/Go are all pretty much relegated to userland applications.

If you just want a job, learn JS. it's the most widely used and has the most widely accepted libraries.

Lua is a great language. The Lua Programming Language book is great. But assumes you know another language.

C. Everything else is for niggers.

Attached: chad.jpg (637x342, 70K)

You're going to be competing with people that have been programming since they were 10.

Yes, it's too late. Fuck off.

why should someone watch the classes before reading the book? i just started and it seems pretty easy read so far

dont waste time asking bullshit and start learning

This
Many of them shit in the streets too
They're absolute animals, they're going to eat you alive OP

>muh experienced programmers
>still making unoptimized software full of bugs and backdoors.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wirth's_law
Competing with people that are making computers slower no matter how faster is your hardware??...

Anyways, you can program for hobbie at any age boomie

I started learning at 29. Finished a coding bootcamp at 30 and found a developer job within the week of graduation.

Now I'm a 35 year old code monkey at a Fortune 100 company you have heard of. It's never too late to learn anything.

My geometry professor is doing this and that fucker's like 36
No excuses OP

My Dad picked it up in his 40s because the military asked him to

What do I need to learn to work for Blizzard in Hearthstone department?

How to use a phone so you can play diablo immortal