Which software you're currently using will prompt you to change OS once it fully stops supporting Windows 7?

Which software you're currently using will prompt you to change OS once it fully stops supporting Windows 7?

Attached: w7.jpg (647x450, 41K)

>stops supporting Windows 7
i never get it, so it ok they stop

Gentoo

Chrome or Firefox stops getting updates, or enough video games become unattainable. It's going to be awhile.

Attached: D7NOwxPUYAAPLqu.jpg (640x383, 27K)

nvidia drivers and intel USB drivers

I did it because some game I wanted to play only supported DirectX 11.

my gaming dekstop is already at win10 because muh games. I make it somewhat decent to use with open-shell and other tricks tho.
My laptop on the other hand is still on 7. All I do in it is consume media (mpv and winamp), edit documents (msoffice) and shitposting (FF ESR). All these, I'm sure, will support Windows 7 for many years ahead so I'm good. Mpv will prolly be the first to go, and alternatives will exist.
My bet is circa 2025 I'll have to pull the trigger on 7 because no software. Extended support ends on 2023 anyway.

I would just keep using the older or self-compile once there's actually something worthwhile in browsers. The only issue I see is playback using newer media codecs in software mode, I'm referencing a laptop. Switching to 10 or becoming a cult member won't make not having hardware encoding/decoding disappear.

I love my pirated version of windows 7. Why cant it last forever, lads?

games

Common sense told me to stop fucking using an outdated, depreciated OS a long time ago, you fucking Dumbest Generation children. I'm sorry mommy hasn't bought you a new Win10 PC yet, but the rest of us actually choose what to use and we don't use outdated shit.

Well I'm still using office 97 so I'd say none

Steam. Though by the time win7 support ends, I'll rather move to loonix + proton.

I’m already on the insider fast ring win 10.

Blazing fast, fully up to date and secure.

Stay mad pajeet win 7 poorfags.

random question: How much space would a win 10 filesystem need? on an 128gb ssd, how big should the partition be

also, the only people still using win 7 are the ones who dont understand how much security actually matters.

it's funny because Steam works on XP if you block auto-updates, I guess it will be at least a decade before they prevent 7/2008 R2

Steam/games basically. Already have a linux box but it has a C2D CPU, currently building a i5 MXlinux box with a video card to see how bad the switch over may become. Windows 10 is not an option, already have a laptop with it. Already did a transition of it for over 300 PCs from win 7 to 10. I'll hold out with 7 as long as I can then I am most likely dropping microsoft if their next OS is going to be just as bad.

I'm already on W10.

If I could play all my games on Linux I'd be on Linux. Probably Ubuntu because I'm not good with Linux nor know much about it. Steam was making good strides, Epic is fucking it all up.

>arguing about security on Windows and on Windows 10 presumably
Get off this board forever.

stop meming and actually tell me why security is a dead issue

He is saying windows is shit.

thats not the topic im arguing dipshit

There's no compelling reason to upgrade. I don't play new games. So no DX12 shit for me. Video codecs won't be going anywhere for a long time yet. H.264/mp4/mkv/hvec/etc will still be the popular choice cause they just work and cause the support for those codecs is to broad up just upend for some shit that only a fraction of your players would be able to render. You want your content to be seen by the largest amount of people.

Virus is a non issue for me. I don't run as "admin". I don't open email from people I don't know. I don't browse dodgy websites so fuck virus/malware.

>I don't browse dodgy websites so fuck virus/malware.
whereami?

keep your browser up to date and you can browse all the dodgy sites you like

>it last forever
it will, just dont erase (You)r HDD

Or perhaps you don't know that things like:
>Hard_Configurator
>SysHardener
>OSArmor
>VoodooShield
>Standard account
>uBlock Origin's dynamic filtering/medium blocking mode

...Exist

sadly things like PenisProtector and DickHardener won't be much use if the OS is vulnerable to exploits that escalate privileges

Please enough of your ignorance for today, you don't have a clue how these tools work, the chances to "escalate privileges" with all these is close to zero

Unless a workable version of win10 is released, I will simply abandon said software. I'm not using 10. Period. End of story.

Get on my level!

Attached: win311.png (800x601, 30K)

this. plenty of alternative software that will continue support to choose from, and if that fails, linux

At least 300gb

None, I'll just keep using the old version

nothing. the only "software" i use on my pc is music management, video playback and games. the first two can be done on any platform. and games going windows 10 only is not going to happen since DX12 is a bust (game makers will likely wait and see how PS5 and Xbone2 goes before revising standards)

Web browsers

>software can protect you if your core os security is undermined

all the major browser (Including the new Edge) will support win 7 at the very least till 2023 due to their enterprise customers,other browsers like Pale Moon will support 7 through the 2020s, at least that what the main dev said.