Ereaders

I'm looking into switching from my physical books to an ereader since I could save money on all the books I like to read and not have to take up so much space with books. Does anyone here have any recommendations for an ereader? I've read that Kindles can have books deleted off of them by Amazon, and in general are just spyware for books.

Attached: e-readers-comparison-chart-5178381.png (606x557, 153K)

Kindles are actually very good. Amazon can't remove them from your device if you're on flight mode (highly advices regardless, for battery). Your going to pirate your books anyway, right?

>Your going to pirate your books anyway, right?
Of course.

So all I need to do with a Kindle is just keep it on airplane mode? I have been reading more positive reviews of the Kindle than others, though I was not sure if that was just because of its popularity.

I have a kobo aura one 32gb and is absolutely amazing. First you can put tons of PDFs on it not to mention the epubs. Second you can sync websites via pocket, just save it in the browser and as soon as it connects to WiFi so syncs it. Third the display backlight temperature helps to relax your eyes. And on top of it it's waterproof, and doesn't give a shit about how pirated are your books. I'm completely satisfied with it.

You're right about the reviews of the kindle. The kobo series are solid and don't have amazon shit in them, and I'd recommend them over kindles if you don't like amazon. The hardware between kobo and kindle is pretty much identical.

Touchscreens are for cucks. Physical page buttons are so much more satisfying.

Attached: kindle 3.jpg (185x273, 9K)

I'm a Chad and I agree with this post
I refuse to own any device with a touchscreen, or as I've taken to calling it; a cuckpacitive touch interface.

whatever you get, make sure it can run koreader. reflow is a godsend

Attached: page_reflow_math_equation2.png (700x448, 69K)

Is there actually any ereader with Type C connector?

I wish their displays were bigger.
A4 would be fucking lovely but the e-ink company who sits on the patents is asking absolutely insane prices for their displays hence anything e-ink is too expensive for what it is.

eReaders are cancer. Physical books are so much fucking better. I'm happy to spend more/buy used for books and have them be a little bulky ("BUT I CAN CARRY 5000 BOOKS WITH ME!" Yeah, but you generally don't read more than one or two at a time, right, unlike music where you want to skip around a large library of music? It's a dumb argument and I hate when dumb people make it.) instead of trying to read that pain in the ass eyecancer.

You can likely acquire a locked kindle (amazon account locked, no problem for masterrace) off ebay for cheap though the odds of it having some sort of screen damage drift ever closer to 100%, the other month i scored a gen4 for fucking nothing with zero damage and I only wanted it for the screen for a project thats sitting on the fridge, already got one for reading.
Beware which gen you get as the older ones lack a backlight which means you're going to need an external light source for night reading.
Just be sure to jailbreak it and unlock the screensavers as well, theres no practical reason if you just slam books into it with calibre or what have you but i have custom screensavers and its pleasant.
Kobo are also good and impossible to brick, runs off a sd card.

>eReaders are cancer. Physical books are so much fucking better.

depends.
if you're travelling a lot you don't want to carry a couple of books with you. ereaders are more handy in this situation.
if you like to read at home where you can conveniently store your books good old fashioned physical books are better.

I bought a 13" ereader for uni, it's absolutely wonderful to have. Been meaning to make a laptop case for it too since it has HDMI in

I considered buying one, but then i realised that I have 1TB+ of pirated books that I don't actually read

I don't read much as I used to but I do like the Kobo Aura H2O. Love having integrated OverDrive so I can just borrow from my library's digital collection.

Not OP, but is there anyway to block a Kindle Paperwhite 2 from talking to Amazon servers while it's NOT in airplane mode?
More specifically, I want to disable the ads (and I'm not paying an additional $20 to Amazon for that).

Why tf would you need that?

Because Micro USB a shit, and that one cable life

To use a USB C connector.

koreader is good and all but its battery display is garbage.

Kobo looks great but I'm wondering what the situation with Japanese-english dictionaries are on eReaders? Does anyone have any experience. Also, paperwhite looks decent but it's reading light doesn't have adjustable temperature - does any eReader outside the Kobo have that feature?

Attached: tumblr_mzx4a1JCt11rovfcgo1_1280.jpg (1062x1417, 2.17M)

kindles have low dpi screens go for a kobo aura one

Its a hard pill to swallow but you are better buying a tablet with a good screen.
For a little more you can display colors (necessary for any kind of graph) access internet for emergencies, take notes, run the reader program you want, etc.
Also, eink contrast suck hard in my chinese cartoons

EYE
STRAIN
CENTRAL

very bad opinione

Boox N96/M96. Huge and good with pdfs.

As I stare at my phone screen for the 6th hour today..

Muh eyestrain

You blink far more often and defocus/look away far more when watching shit on a screen than reading stuff, if I read stuff for a long period of time (even if I have its brightness well balanced with ambient light and the like) then yes my eyes hurt. I end up with headaches, bloodshot eyes, and a bunch of other issues.
e-readers don't have this problem

no ereader other than kindle sells in India
I had no choice but to buy kindle

You might be able to use a dns server for that. I don't know whether there's one publicly available for that specific use case or not but I'm pretty sure you can configure opendns to block all traffic to Amazon. If you're not willing to do that modifying the host file might be an option.