It's over, OpenBSD won

>tfw you can now read the god-tier documentation from your browser in comfy dark mode

Attached: 34432322-5.png (872x864, 415K)

> adding 3 lines of CSS is a tweet worthy accomplishment to Linux fags

Nobody uses openbsd anymore

>Nobody uses openbsd anymore

Attached: well.png (800x600, 80K)

The desperate shilling against OpenBSD is what made me check it out. The fact that there is total penetration Internet wide anti-OpenBSD shilling indicates that state-level actors find it a threat. To me it has become obvious that that threat is security.

Overshilling is a very serious problem. You communicate way too much when you overdo it. People catch on.

easier nighttime viewing? i find that white text on a black background burns the image into my ways way more than black on white

Yeah, me too. I don't know if government but definitely freetards/linuxcultists and freebsdtrannies have been sperging non-stop. They are using deception so maybe.

how good is bsds nvidia drivers?

I've never heard of it before someone shilled for it on Jow Forums amd that's all I've heard of it too

Me too, I never tired it but the Pajeets on here are so virulently against it for apparently totally memed reasons (clearly they never even used it) that I installed it a VM about 3 months back, and I recently wiped Linux and replaced it with OpenBSD on my laptop. Everything works great out of box, but I have a Thinkpad. Toy laptop owners might have issues.

>thinkpad
>not a toy
the state of openBSDtards

>if your browser requests a dark theme
wut is this some retarded new web standard?

What makes it better than Linux in your opinion? I feel like with any BSD I'd be missing the software selection on Linux (and even that's arguably a bit small compared to Windows).

No SystemD

(You)

Much easier and more Unix like to deal with.

>ITT GNU-males typing angrily at the mention of BSD

There are plenty of distros that do not use the system manager systemd.

OpenBSD: Unix + good autism
Linux: Unix + bad autism

I turned to OpenBSD because of the tranny jew injecting his bullshit into Linux Foundation. I'm still learning it in a VM before using it for anything real tho. Will probably study it to use it in the workplace one day, see if I can get a BSD based job maybe. Still, mostly just a hobby.

Better design, principals, philosophy, etc.
Just look at kqueue vs epoll.

>hurrr more unix = more better
kys ghost of Uriel, there's nothing UNIX does exceptionally compared to any other system type. If not improved, the UNIX philosophy should be forgotten.
Good thing HURD exists

You'll need to get a AMD GPU. R9 295X2 is the fastest GPU you can get to run.

And all of them are either: bad or poorly supported.

The only good one is Void Linux and maybe Crux if you're a student with way too much time.
I use OpenBSD as my daily driver. You won't miss the software selection. I used to download everything and anything on Arch, but now I rarely feel the need to download anything on OpenBSD. There's so much shit you just do not really need. Arch makes it insanely easy to download whatever novel toy you wanna try out, while OpenBSD only gives you the necessities.

If it's really important, you can just compile it yourself fairly easily (unless it's Qt5 based).

I like it better than any other distro I've run. OpenBSD > Windows 7 > Windows 10 > Void Linux > Arch Linux > Crux > Plan 9 > Debian/Fedora/CentOS/Ubuntu (they all fucking suck, especially Fedora, fuck you don't "fix" my partitions by injecting superblocks my OpenBSD can't read. You just wasted so much of my fucking time.)

It works flawlessly. It's very well documented. Seriously, the best documentation I have ever seen. And I don't need to fuck around with it. I can set it all up one time and never have do any administering ever again. It will run forever.

have you tried sucking less

Intel works fine too.

So improve it Unix hater. Do something.

Attached: CDCF5C4E-7CCD-4B46-A7A2-7B0E41DEF528.jpg (400x400, 57K)

Using non systemd OSes is very unAmerican, what are you hiding from your gov't?

Have you tried holding your breath longer than 5 minutes?
No need to. HURD and GNU already improve it.

No they don’t.

Yes they do. Instead of using some ancient principles designed for a PDP11 you still use Unix but for modern day and age. HURD goes further and makes a UNIX system easily extensible by using translators that make the communications between the user and the filesystem, instead of the kernel doing it, meaning you can make one translator that would extend your system instead of modifying the kernel

This. Apple pushed for a "prefers-color-scheme" media query. It's now as easy as
@media (prefers-color-scheme dark) {
/* css */
}

Only implemented by .75% of users (Firefox 67, chrome 76, and Safari 12.1). But since all major browsers use auto update, it'll be everywhere soon

Well I use Plan 9 which is even better than HURD so there. It also runs on more hardware.

>plan 9
>runs on more hardware
you mean 9front.
But yeah that's my point. There are systems that are UNIX-like but improve the UNIX philosophy instead of just keeping it for historical reasons or smth

Thanks, I didn't actually know about the prefers-color-scheme media target.

of course, support on some site ain't going to make me switch to stupid blowfish bsd distro

Damn, that's pretty nice, don't have to screw around with cookies and such.

What about OpenBSD vs DragonFlyBSD? What are the key differences? Which one is the best as a daily driver?

They're completely separate operating systems. DragonFlyBSD forked from FreeBSD years ago and iirc is focused on parallel computing. It's got a better performing kernel and better FS support (along with its own FS, HAMMER). OpenBSD's a security oriented desktop OS that's generally slower but a great system overall

> Security oriented
Take note redditors, it's not a toy, better stay on *your linux distro*, or wait for pain and suffering.

What?