Oh nononononono

oh nononononono

Attached: cringe.jpg (864x1114, 293K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/buydi6/amds_robert_hallock_no_pcie_40_support_on_300_and/epn2c83/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

AMDrones BTFO yet again

Thank dog I don't have an old board. As you can see in the article most boards don't physically support PCIe 4 spec. It's lazy to force it to be disabled on those that are capable.

What is even the practical application of PCIe 4.0 currently?
It 100% isn't gaming as current GPUs are nowhere near maxing out PCIe 3.0 16x

>we don't support some overblown standard no one on this fucking planet needs
what a tragedy

>Users may continue with a beta BIOS if they desire

Attached: 1553187798456.png (658x545, 276K)

Nvme drives mostly also can be pretty nifty for Thunderbolt or Thunderbolt USB

Just don't get a new mobo until its supported? Woah that was tough

>It's ok when AMD does it

>old hardware doesn't support new hardware standard
Wow color me surprised

Does what exactly even? PCIe 4.0 was never meant to be part of 300 and 400 series boards, and they're not even ruling out that motherboard vendors will leave the option in anyway, and they're even mentioning that users have the freedom to continue using a beta BIOs, literally all they're saying is that users should expect it to be disabled. But in the end they have no control over whether vendors leave it in or whether users use beta BIOSes. All they're saying is it's not meant to be a feature by design.

with pre-x570 boards that possible 4.0 would have only been for the 16x lane that comes from the cpu directly which everyone uses for their gpu anyway, so no big loss.

> But in the end they have no control over whether vendors leave it
They do. AGESA updates ship in blobs, there's no way manufacturers could build a BIOS with a new AGESA microcode and leave PCIE4 enabled.
New mobos don't support cheap af Ryzen 1st gen.

AYYMD IS FINISHED & BANKRUPT

AYYMDPOORFAGS CONFIRMED ON SUICIDE WATCH

reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/buydi6/amds_robert_hallock_no_pcie_40_support_on_300_and/epn2c83/

>Pre-X570 boards will not support PCIe Gen 4. There's no guarantee that older motherboards can reliably run the more stringent signaling requirements of Gen4, and we simply cannot have a mix of "yes, no, maybe" in the market for all the older motherboards. The potential for confusion is too high.

OH NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

ENJOY YOUR AYYMD X570 HOUSEFIRES BURNING YOUR HOUSE DOWN WHEN THE TINY CHIPSET FAN FAILS

>mobo dies
>buy new mobo expecting to upgrade to new cpu after saving some dosh
>cant use old ryzen in the meantime
lol
amdrones told me amd won't do this

that's good, i'm against forced obsolescence and was disappointed to hear of a new pcie standard becoming current

Why would you buy a fucking 1st gen Ryzen?

Why wouldn't I if the price is right?

>Moooom, my usb 2.0 ports aren't magically converted to 3.0, waaaah
It was never expected from older mobos to support new standards. It was however expect from old mobos to support new cpus, which they do.

Remember when intel added 1 unnecessary pin to LGA1150 so those Haswell mobos couldn't support Skylake cpus? Remember 30 different chipsets and incompatibility within LGA1151 afterwards? AMD has done good, and you can just shill away

Sage

did anyone think with all the board makers releasing new MB's that this wouldnt be a consequence? amd mustve made deals with them and they will profit from it.

BULLDOZER 2.0

AMD BTFO, YEAR OF THE INTEL DESKTOP

What do you mean by that? PCIe 4 hosts support older PCIe peripherals and PCIe 4 devices can normally run on older hosts. It's just like having PCIe 2.0 cards in PCIe 3.0 slots and PCIe 3.0 cards in PCIe 2.0 slots.

See Keep seething Incel :)

I thought that most of the old ryzen motherboards won't support several of the new chips due to power demand.

>AMD has done good, and you can just shill away
Nope, what they done is no different from Intel even though they did them less.
It's not okay just because it's AMD.

>old hardware doesn't support a new hardware standard
Hey guys Sandy Bridge doesn't support USB-C, Intel is finished!

WTF, INDEL THE FUGG :-----DDDDD!?

Good that means when I upgrade those boards will be even cheaper. I really don't need pcie 4.0

I feel like Zen 2700x was the sweet spot with x470 now prices and going through the roof with zen 3k and x570
I'll just hang onto mine forever best combo best CPU best chipset I have no need for pcie4 with 16+ lanes anyway not like I'm running some crazy ssd m2 nvme meme storage or workstation tier shit that could actually beninifit from it.
Maybe in decade when it becomes the bare minimum and everyone jumps to optic fiber or whatever comes next with gen5+ I'll pick it up.

Still no mention of PCIe 5 coming out, like next year, anyway?

Yep. My thoughts exactly but I didn't fall for the 'X' meme or 1800/2800 mean. Sitting on a 1700 + kikeripper. Decided to buy another kikeripper w/ the release of the newgen because the discounts are STEEP. I only buy latest gen if its a 2x bump in performance. It's funny watching people lose their shit over this. Literally was waiting for this to drop so i could pick up a new kikeripper build.

>oh nononononono
ahahahhaahahaahahaa, roflmao, AMD's motherboards will work as advertised.

ahahahahahah.

A NEW MOTHERBOARD A YEAR KEEPS THE AYYMD GOYIM IN FEAR

brainlet gamur here what is pcie4 and why should i care

Can you imagine upgrading to a new CPU/Motherboard and not having the latest PCIE. Talk about a waste of money.

Name one (1) case where pci 3.0 is a limit factor.

The point here is that people who didn't upgrade motherboard can't get PCI4, not the other way around.

>people who didn't upgrade motherboard can't get a new motherboard feature
Shocking.

No chance. It took two years from PCIe 4.0's final spec being announced to the first consumer implementation (with Zen 2). PCIe 5.0's final spec was only just announced, so it won't be arriving until 2021 at the earliest, and perhaps longer given how much shorter the gap would be and the added expense of supporting those higher speeds (which would be entirely useless to 99% of desktop users).

>beta BIOS if they desire
what's the fuzz about nvme? My sata SSD from 2010 just fucking works. I dont play gaymes