Is buying current Intel cpu worth it?

Is buying current Intel cpu worth it?
Im not planning to buy the next gen. I will just use for a long time and price is not a concern

Attached: 71a3r0U3nhL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1500, 107K)

Current meaning i9 9900k

Generally speaking, I wouldn't buy a 14nm CPU at this point. Especially if it's from Intel, which has had annoying security issues for a while now.

I sure wouldn't. But if you insist make sure you at least get the new stepping so you don't have to rely on performance killing microcode for MDS.

>worth it
>not planning to buy the next gen
>I will just use for a long time and price is not a concern

What a pointless question OP

There's no point in buying anything past Haswell.

It matches/beat next gen ryzen 8 cores with 3200/4000mhz memory. It's fast as hell and current best for gaming if you're into high the highest framerates. Reason why amd "beat" it in games is because they gimped it's memory in tests.

Attached: ram.jpg (1920x1080, 364K)

I wouldn't do that if i were you, mostly because of the security concernes, and heat. 9900k is hot, really hot, and summer is coming.
You'd be better off with Ryzen 3800x/3900x - more performance, less performance degradation because of security patches, less heat, less power draw, and m.2 raid option

Wait for Ryzen 3 release. You'll get independent benchmarks and reviews and if it's a good as it's hyped up to be it will also drop prices of Intel procs and boards

>Reason why amd "beat" it in games is because they gimped it's memory in tests.

Attached: incel cope.png (426x146, 35K)

Look it up.

Ryzen used 2933mhz ram, Intel used 2600mhz. And then no mention of timings on top of that. If you weren't such a brainless paid shill you could find this shit out for yourself.

>believing pre release propaganda

Yeah I think I'll wait for unbiased benchmarks thx

This.

The price performance ratio is fucked when you factor in the cost of gold plated led lit 3200mhz+ gamer ram vs plain old ddr4

>the Intel shills out in force in here, desperate for a sale

Attached: hilarious.png (335x551, 176K)

I'm not shilling for AMD but if you're planning for using your computer for a long time and price is not a goncern why don't you go with the 12 Core or the 16 Core (it's out there, not sure about release date though) on AM4? Intel has been a mess, they only have a single advantage now and it's frequency when overclocked and that's gonna require delidding, applying liquid memetal for a few more fps in some gayms.

it worth it

Attached: Screenshot (2).png (1680x1050, 280K)

enjoy your vulnerabilities

>3.3GHz

Throttling or what?

>Pay more for less performance, brought to you by Intlel.

Attached: 2950x.png (857x531, 104K)

No
In barely over a month Ryzen 3000 CPUs are shipping which are faster.

>faster
*provided you use 300$ 4000mhz ram
**provided you pair them with a high end x570 300$ motherboard
***provided you overclock them to hell

Meanwhile a budget 9700k/900k build with terrible ram will run the same or faster

Attached: 1492184571495.jpg (409x384, 30K)

You're going to be sorely mistaken, Sorry guys but performance wise they're going to be still lacking when it ships.

Or if your using it for something specific like as internal render farm you can just cut the internet off and dont worry about it

>Meanwhile a budget 9700k/900k build with terrible ram will run the same or faster

Wait, you can't actually believe that, unless you're just a dumb gaymer..

3000mhz ram doesnt cost 300 dollars
amd said there will be no difference in performance between b450,x470 and x570
overclocking them to 4.5ghz will be the same as overclocking an i9 9900k at 5ghz and not many i9s overclock to 5ghz and even when they do they will draw double the power of the ryzen 9
shill on a different thread incel

Attached: 1559478864306.png (600x600, 32K)

depends on what youre doing. you have to take all of the security flaws into account. if its for work and security is a concern, youll have to apply the fixes and the performance hit can be significant, especially if you have to disable hyperthreading. if thats the case, you generally wanna go with AMD
if its just for gaming or shitposting/youtube, its generally fine and something like the i9-9900k will last a while.
still might wanna wait just 1 month(july 7th), zen2 is launching very soon and it appears their ryzen 5/7 chips will surpass the i9-9900k

even gaymers arent that dumb
this guy is just a paid intel shill

>intel shills then
HAHA AMD poorfacgs can't afford **PREMIUM** Motherboardand overclocking tax haha poorfags
>intel shills now
B-B-BUT PooMD fags need to pay a premium! You've never had to do that with Intel!

>Im not planning to buy the next gen. I will just use for a long time and price is not a concern

Yeh, if you want to have security holes for a long time, then it's a great investment

Attached: 1487998764295.png (800x612, 245K)

2950x is twice the price

Attached: 1424468231507.jpg (1335x2048, 373K)

>8800
shoo shoo, poor

>Even considering intel when 3900X is coming
They've been btfo even before ryzen 3000, but AMD is gonna take the autistic benchmarks shills use to justify spending 500 dollars on a housefire cpu for such little performance gain.

Attached: i9.webm (1280x640, 2.99M)

9820X is $900 you fucking retarded nigger monkey.