People are switching to Firefox

Why aren't you?

I would, but it is slow and laggy as fuck on my laptop

Attached: 2019-06-02 02_35_30-.jpg (1312x1392, 153K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vivaldi_(web_browser)#User_interface
community.brave.com/t/google-wants-to-change-chromium-code-how-will-this-affect-brave/43191
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Why aren't you?
>it is slow and laggy as fuck
you already answered your question

go back faggot

But I switched around a year ago. It sucks but it's currently the best

>le reddit is bad meme

Use IceCat instead

shit uses like 40% cpu compared to the 15% chrome uses. wtf

Isn't that Debian's Firefox spin that's just Firefox with a different logo?

You are the reason Jow Forums is like this now. Stupid non-troll post of yours

I use it and hate it. I'm switching to ungoogled-chromium or iridium

>not using a patched version of surf
there is literally noreason to use anything else
>b-but muh ad blockers
You do it at the DNS level faggot

Does Surf have TST, uMatrix, and Stylus?

it's not a meme, but since this board is filled with redditors it's no wonder you try to justify your presence here so hard.

>Why aren't you?
Because I'm already using the superior Pale Meme.

>stylus
yes there is a patch
>TST
yes, can be done by fucking with tabbed
>umatrix
no

>>umatrix
>no
Dropped

I've been using it for over 3 years because Chromium started freezing constantly and nothing helped

Deal with it.

Attached: image_0.jpg (706x1024, 285K)

Works fine in my machine.

>2019
>not using vivaldi
Jow Forums has gone /b/

>yet another chromium fork that doesn't give a shit about your privacy
that will be a yikes from me

>a browser which is built entirely on javascript
>promised to make mail plugin back in 2014, still did nothing

Vivaldi's utter trash. I wish it wasn't, because I'd love to finally have a replacement for Opera 12.16, but currently the best option is still Firefox with a shitload of addons.

still uses too much memory and cpu. it also doesn't render webpages as well as Chrome sometimes.

please stop shilling it here, there is already a torrent of new imbeciles pouring in on vivaldi forums, the only thing you'll accomplish is to fuck up the last good browser.

lel, like these

No, that's IceWeasel. IceCat is GNU's version that removes all and any spyware functionality, but it breaks some sites.

>needs mail in browser
yeah, stick to netscape
>browser which is built entirely on javascript
yeah, no

zero arguments given

I'm using the best browser Microsoft Chromium Edge™ right now though.

this

I can't run surf on swaywm. Any tips?

Jee billy, jannie let you have TWO SHILL THREADS?

>>needs mail in browser
>yeah, stick to netscape
The whole point of Vivaldi was to replace Opera 12, which was a whole Internet suite rather than just a browser. Opera had a BitTorrent client, mail client, IRC client, etc.
>yeah, no
How dumb can you be?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vivaldi_(web_browser)#User_interface
>Vivaldi is built around and based on web technologies such as HTML5, Node.js, React.js, and numerous NPM modules

Here's your argument.

Is one of you Vivaldi shills the user that posted Vivaldi mods? I need to move reload button between the address box and search box.

waterfox?

>what is user interface
stay /b/ user

You cannot possibly be this retarded.

did they do the chrome thing yet?

check vivaldi customization forums

I never switched to Chrome
only fucking retards trust google software, they schedule silent unkillable update programs in the most malicious way I've seen

I will not switch to firefox, since firefox is run on chrome now and since google finance firefox and mozilla to the tune of a third of the mozilla budget, mozilla themselves say that they will follow google in disallowing adblockers . In other words, google now dictates mozilla policy

i'm retarded because i know the difference between user interface and the browser itself? you're an idiot, it's like saying all sites on the world run on html and javascript because that's their frontend.

I think that was me. That being said, I don't know how to re-position the button. Most of what I've been doing is CSS related.

Attached: Custom_CSS_Vivaldi.png (2560x1400, 130K)

I want a minimal browser. Tabs are bloat. What do I use?
>firefox with minimal userchrome
>surf
>vimb
>next
>something else
So far next seems to be the most suitable, no tabs and has Emacs-like server-client architecture (there is one process that manages buffers and you can have multiple windows viewing any of the buffers) and configuration in Lisp.

I switched to qutebrowser.

The browser's user interface essentially is a website, you fucking mong. Do you even know what Node.JS is? Did you notice that that quote I quoted was from the UI portion of Vivaldi's Wikipedia page? The UI is written in JavaScript and you're a fucking moron.

they've added moving buttons in last stable, but only within same toolbar. you can pluck it and move it using javascript because LUCKILY ui is written in js.

lynx

Firefox is the least autistic or botnet browser. Everything else runs like shit or steals your data

so how do you reconcile that with your statement
>a browser which is built entirely on javascript
you fucking idiot

Maybe in early 2000s

>so how do you reconcile that with your statement
It's quite simple. That wasn't my statement, you braindead twat.

never switched, not once. I'm not a fucking retard who wants to relive web monopolies from 1990s

IceWeazel doesn't exist anymore because Mozilla gave special rights to the debian project.

I'm using firefox developer edition.

Attached: very fast doggo.jpg (500x436, 28K)

no it doesn't. There's barely any performance difference between them.

Thanks, I've used some of the CSS posted with some modifications even though I know nothing about CSS. I'll check forums.

Brave is working for me.
here is the word from Brave regarding adblocking on chrome
community.brave.com/t/google-wants-to-change-chromium-code-how-will-this-affect-brave/43191

@kalienergy @ummjackson @brave Brave patches Chromium as needed, and will continue to do so as we see fit. If any changes are coming down the pipeline that we feel aren't in the interest of the community, we don't have to accept them. We are watching the story develop closely.

While it sounds cool, I'd actually appreciate my browser displaying websites properly.

>backpedaling mongrel

I'm not a subhuman retard who fell for Google's aggressive pushing of their trash botnet and never switched away from Firefox to begin with. Just remember, every time you faggots whine about Google's monopoly and how the world is turning into a botnet dystopia, you are most likely the primary cause of that for posting your whining post through Chrome while keeping a tab of youtube open next to it.

I tried qutebrowser recently, newest version from Guix. It crashes on the first keypress. Also, I waited for it like 20 hours because there was no substitute on the official server and I had to compile it.

you must do nothing online to say this. twitch itself uses more CPU and memory when using firefox vs. chrome.

I didn't backpedal shit. Top one's who you think is me, bottom one's my first post itt. Get bent, bitch.

Attached: 2019-06-02-054522_1045x206_scrot.png (1045x206, 28K)

i always have up like 8 tabs and 1 or 2 streams, so maybe thats why. same sites on ff use way more than same sites on chrome

like yubtub?

Well, all that Vivaldi is is just a UI written in javascript to fit on top of chromium.

with chromium modified to degoogle it. your point?

Ahh, sweet. I am running a couple of versions behind still. I do rather like that it's written in web tech, but I just don't know how to work with their js.

Thank fuck for which.. It's pretty solid. I'm even using it for work.

How to sync bookmarks with chrome?

Import them when you install it

what are you plebbitors doing here? just fuck off to your website and upboat each other epic style

why are you such a miserable pile of shit?

>your point?
Most of Vivaldi (as in most of the code that Vivaldi devs wrote) is just javascript code for UI. Not that it actually matters at all.

I was using firefox since like version 1.5, never saw a reason to change it just werks.

>slow and laggy

Runs fine on my 2012 i5 laptop. Stop buying cheap hardware.

If it doesn't run well on hardware from 2006, it's shit

Same here.

Used Firefox since it came out.
But Switched to Chromium a few months ago because FF has become too buggy to be usable.

I used firefox for years and right now I have around 150 tabs open, most of which have been open for a few months at least
how does this make you feel Jow Forums

I assume you're the guy who sent a crash report? Looks like Guix ships an ancient qutebrowser version (almost 2 years old) which doesn't work on a recent Qt version.

*lags*

i'd rather not need the equivalent of an SGI supercomputer from 2006 just to run a fucking web browser

feels good knowing if you had those same 150 tabs open on chrome, youd be using 25% less resources.

25% more you mean because you cant block all the ads

ya ill be switching when that happens, in 2022 or some shit. works fine now.

it hasn't even been a month since firefox cucked all of our extension
you forget pretty easy don't you?

>minor bug that was fixed within 12 hours
how much are they paying you google shill

What minor bug? Fx has been trash for well over a month

>Why aren't you?

I was never gone in the first place.

>the guy who sent a crash report
Shit, is there so few people using it that I can be identified by sending a report? Yes, I indeed sent a report.
>Looks like Guix ships an ancient qutebrowser version (almost 2 years old) which doesn't work on a recent Qt version.
That's a shame, I wanted to give it a try but I'm not interested enough to setup it myself.

If you keep the libreJs addon enabled yhea

imagine using your browser to watch twitch streams, use streamlink and chatterino you retard

>meme

Attached: doubt_my_knowledge.jpg (583x583, 40K)

I remember the whole “Take back the web!” campaign back in 2005 or so. Of course, I used Firefox back in the late Firebird days when I was around 14, probably switched around 2008 to Chrome, then around 2013 to Safari.

name one good thing about leddit.
guess what? nobody cares if there is any, but you clearly do. Go back.

I can't switch to something I'm already on.

Is Firefox still the Jow Forums browser?

I already did in 2006

What is this notion that people can only be on one website, that you're either team reddit or team Jow Forums? There are pros and cons to both sites, and I've been using both for like 10 years. Unless you're an edgy 15 year old desperately trying to fit into chan culture by shitting on reddit, you'd realize this and stop being an obnoxious fuck about it.

Almost half of Jow Forums users are redditors. If that makes you upset then you need to re-evaluate yourself.

Attached: 1557954404745.png (900x676, 410K)

kill yourself soiboi

>I would, but it is slow and laggy as fuck
thats just your normal firefox