Why do websites keep redesigning fine interfaces and replacing them with "upgraded" dogshit?

Why do websites keep redesigning fine interfaces and replacing them with "upgraded" dogshit?

Attached: df5.jpg (918x702, 94K)

Other urls found in this thread:

idlewords.com/talks/website_obesity.htm#minimalism
virustotal.com/old-browsers/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

There is a person sitting in an office. They have to look busy to keep their job. So they (randomly?) pick something and change it, just so that they are doing something. That's why good things are changed to crap things.

what did it look before OP? It still looks pretty simple and straightforward.

A relict from everyone copying Apple. You keep a big artist department, or at least one guy at a startup level, as that's the silicon valley way. Now not everyone is Apple designing products and apps en gros and you're left with a guy or department that has absolutely nothing to do after the product releases, so they redesign shit every year to look like they're doing anything at all. The system gets even more flawed when some of these useless people get "promoted away" and those hire even more artists.

Attached: fghsdfh.jpg (1680x1050, 473K)

Having sites that load fast and are easy for even the most mentally retarded of normies to navigate generate higher revenue.
It easily justifies the cost.

>sites that load fast
>javascript flatshit
idlewords.com/talks/website_obesity.htm#minimalism

Considering virustotal is 84KB of JS over the wire, I don't think you have a valid argument.

It's been like that for at least two years. It's perfectly functional and aesthetic. What's your problem with it?

AB Testing

novelty, the cornerstone of advertising

Just use the /oldsite version. I’m pretty sure it’s pure html or something.

What's the matter?

Attached: output.webm (1048x894, 994K)

Static websites are god tier.
Prove me wrong.

as it should be.

for presentation purpose yes, for clicky clicky all over the screen, no, they are not

WRONG. You could still access the old design a few months ago if you had an old bookmark. Also regional flavours of countries had the old design.

Have clicky click go to another dedicated static page instead of loading all those functions in my RAM.

Post the based link, faggot
virustotal.com/old-browsers/

Attached: 1.png (1000x567, 17K)

>article written by a communist
worthless garbage

Gotta justify the webdev/designer paycheck someway

That because that was the intended purpose of the web. JavaScript fucked it all up. Now what we have is on-the-fly package managers that download arbitrary code with almost no protection other than endpoint encryption, and builds/executes it in a shitty sandbox. We call them browsers, but they're nothing like what they once were.
We'd be better off totally reengineering something from the group up to suit the purpose browsers are trying to fill (universal applications).

I have a theory about VirusTotal and Hybrid Analysis. Both of these sites claim to be studying the "genome" of viruses in the wild. Wouldn't it be nice if the scientists creating these scripts be able to study the way thier exploits evolve in the wild? I'm not saying VT ot HA are the culprits but anyone can view the uploads.

VT is owned by Google. They're evil but I don't think they're in the market of 'sploits at all.

No but thier overlords, the NSA are. Think about it, it's genius really. Release exploits (i.e. Eternal red and blue), infect millions of devices, users discover infection, upload files, public disclosure of uploaded files. So the scientists will get to observe to way the scrpits behave in a myriad of environments. Like a biologist watching an organism grow in a Petri dish.

The colors are extremely low contrast on their new design. I have to patch this with Stylish on my side cause it strains my eyes to hell on the long run. Don't know how the fuck this passed usability and accessability tests.