Gaming laptop general /glg/

Post your recs and discuss

Attached: lenovo.jpg (1286x1000, 96K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Dell-Inspiron-7577-Gaming-Laptop/dp/B07GFPNZTM/ref=sr_1_8?keywords=gtx 1060&qid=1558329130&s=pc&sr=1-8#customerReviews
walmart.com/ip/Dell-G5587-5542BLK-PUS-Laptop-15-6-FHD-Intel-i5-8300H-16GB-RAM-GTX-1060-256GB-SSD-1TB-HDD-Black/117583685?u1=&oid=223073.1&wmlspartner=6xJhMJDSy2I&sourceid=00312797453060324938&affillinktype=10&veh=aff
ebay.com/itm/MSI-GL62VR-7RFX-VR-Ready-GTX1060-6GB-Laptop-i7-16GB-256gb-M-2-SSD-New-Open-Box/113768196168
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

bump

GTX8800M
FX60
4GB DDR2

amazon.com/Dell-Inspiron-7577-Gaming-Laptop/dp/B07GFPNZTM/ref=sr_1_8?keywords=gtx 1060&qid=1558329130&s=pc&sr=1-8#customerReviews

Should I get this? $700 is about my budget.

Attached: 1501254150519.jpg (1050x788, 169K)

Whatever is on sale from last year and has plenty of vram. Not those huge desktop replacements. If it's over 15" then I think you should just buy a keyboard and monitor.

>1060
>4K screen
why do manufacturers do this

All of them have shit cooling that you can fix by using real thermal paste and undervolting because laptop cpus are binned better. Just get something with a reasonable amount of air vents and a gpu with a reasonable tdp.

I have it. The screen died in less than a year so I just use an external monitor/mouse/keyboard but the actual computer works fine.

I have an old y510p from 2014 that is really showing it's age. I've upgraded everything there is to upgrade but I think it's time to move from SLI 755m to something like a 1050 so I can at least play two point hospital without my laptop smoldering like a hot coal. Problem is I don't want to spend alot of money. Hopefully Letgo or FB MP works out for once.

walmart.com/ip/Dell-G5587-5542BLK-PUS-Laptop-15-6-FHD-Intel-i5-8300H-16GB-RAM-GTX-1060-256GB-SSD-1TB-HDD-Black/117583685?u1=&oid=223073.1&wmlspartner=6xJhMJDSy2I&sourceid=00312797453060324938&affillinktype=10&veh=aff
Currently i am looking at this. Can someone recommend me some good stuff under 900

Thaaaat's not acceptable. Fuck. What do I get then? The 1050ti is so fucking underwhelming and still expensive as shit and AMD fucking can't figure out laptop graphics.

whats the point in getting a gaming laptop, they run too hot and it just causes problems to the point you will be sick of it in a year the laptop can't possibly last that long under those conditions

If you are addicted to games so bad just get an egpu, Its not like you are going to be playing games anywhere with a 30min battery

I doubt any of you travel for work and you don't want to be that guy who has a "gaming sesh" during a lecture

gaming laptops seem to be a 15 year old fantasy

Or you buy from one of those sellers that took last year's desktop replacement and shoved new MXM cards and shit into it.
I move around every 3-6 months so having something semi portable is nice.
Specs:
i9-9900K (Yeah I don't have thermal overhead to overclock it, but it hits normal all core boost for about 30-45min before dropping down to 0.1-0.2ghz below and sitting there)
RTX2080 (clocked about 15% lower than desktop)
144hz 100% srgb colour covarege (Aka shit for anything other than gaymes or watching internet shite) screen
32gb DDR4 ram (probably some shit speed like 2666mhz though)
2x4tb 2.5" drives in RAID 1
512gb samsung 970 pro m.2 ssd

I also take around a 1080p 95% DCI-P3 coverage portable monitor

It's for people who frequently move between 2 places for a significant amount of time. Either you get a laptop like that or build 2 PCs.

I do travel for work though. Or, rather, I'm bumming across asia and eastern europe teaching english.

You don't need an rtx 2080 for a 1080p@144 Hz monitor. Unless it doubles as a workstation then you don't need 8 cores, 32 GB ram, or a pro ssd. Mirroring on a laptop doesn't make much sense to me.

I just don't have a lot of faith that the MXM standard will be supported for long and the entry level cost of those big ass saiger laptops is pretty high. Before 6 and 8 core cpus became mainstream it made some sense but the pci-e lanes will also become a limit in the near future.

Hopefully a new thunderbolt standard taking advantage of the bandwidth pcie 4/5 provides will come out and external gpu docks will actually be useful.

small spaces and shit
also portability just in case you want to game in another room.

GOYMING LAPTOP

Attached: 1535450941097.jpg (1462x1462, 162K)

Future proofing. Your 1% lows of a 2080 on 1080p are already below 144hz. Hell, the average on some games is already below.
8 cores is pretty mandatory for this day and age I'd say, basically everyone does photo editing, video editing/encoding, and some basic CAD in their spare time.
RAID 1 is more habit, but I like the redundancy since I've had too many HDDs go belly up. Sure, it doesn't replace a proper backup but it keeps shit light and portable.
MXM has been around for ages, if they get rid of it then eh, my point was more the resellers that shove newer CPUs and MXM cards into laptops originally meant for 8th gen cpus and 10 series cards. It's a lot cheaper than a pure new one (it's just old stock they couldn't move and have upgraded in an attempt to move it)
I have no clue how much saiger charges since my local area has different Clevo resellers. I got my laptop for $2,600 USD which is good for the places I have been going through.
eGPUs do give me hope, but the markup on enclosures is even larger than the current markup on MXM cards and that will hurt me.

For another $100-200 You get 6 cores, 256 gb ssds, and 16 GB ram. If your budget it under $850 I say go the used market.

ebay.com/itm/MSI-GL62VR-7RFX-VR-Ready-GTX1060-6GB-Laptop-i7-16GB-256gb-M-2-SSD-New-Open-Box/113768196168

What's the best gaming laptop I can get with $700? I got a $50 amazon gift card to spend too, if that helps.

Yeah. Used it is then. Can't stretch it that far, but thanks.

Attached: 20031598_253204348510574_8036790635978893486_n.jpg (480x367, 16K)

Also check facebook marketplace, much better deals from less savvy sellers.

Bump

Get one of the amd apu ones

Everybody isn't a neet like you to live at basement allday everyday

Can you still buy/make a luggable computer?

I'm thinking something between an iMac and a laptop. Desktop parts, laptop "just carry this one chunk of computer around" portability. Disregards batteries, uses wall socket power.

Such a thing would be nice for LAN parties, or college students, but I am not aware of such a thing if it exists.

This is pretty based if you want a linux gaming laptop. Utilizing the dedicated GPU is as easy as setting the DRI_PRIME env variable when launching a game.

Attached: acer.jpg (255x198, 28K)

dell G3 only acceptable gamin laptop. The rest can eat shizzle

Attached: 1558122881482.jpg (2560x1440, 389K)

Check alien ware area 51 laptop,

Desktop cpu (i9)
Lots of storage
Thicc asf
UPGRADEABLE GPU

This is what you are looking for

I go to uni abroad and can't bring my PC with me. A laptop is portable and convenient.

>check A51 prices
>ayyy lmao

I guess it really is, "Price, performance, portability... pick two" ;_;

Would anyone know how to fix my internet WiFi cap? I have an Acer Helios 300 that has an intel AC 9850 wireless chip. No matter what setting I change I am capped at a download speed of 2.5 mbps. I even tried buying a USB wifi stick and that did not change anything!

Attached: index.jpg (300x300, 8K)

Weird. Sounds like you either have slow internet or a router that forces you into 802.11b, or some really high signal interference from other wi-fi networks nearby, or you live near a microwave transmitter array, or somethin like that.

Core 2 Duo 1.3Ghz
8GB RAM
GT335m 1GB

I got it for free from a friend. I use it to play Left 4 Dead.

Alienware?

When i run wifi analyszer it states that the router is on 802.11n

You got another wireless router you can try? Or maybe connect a wifi-enabled PC to the router through ethernet or USB and use it as an access point?

Use ethernet.

Attached: rare pepe.png (600x696, 355K)

Got a G751JT
4th gen i7, 16gb ram and 970M, DC port and battery died, is it worth trying to fix it or should I just sell it as junk and grab something better? 17" display is comfy but I'd love it to be 144hz instead of 60

Darn, I do not have the capability to use another pc as an access point.

>C2D
>1.3GHz
>source engine game
sounds like hell

You might be able to borrow one for a bit, I don't know. I didn't mean using another pc as an access point as a permanent solution or anything, just a way to test and see where exactly the problem lies.

yeah its big, so price is big too.

dell g3 is the top tier laptop and i will always shill it to anyone i can. its the only laptop that has a gou and does not look autistic, discounting undercooled ultrabooks that are shit

This is the ideal somewhat portable gaming PC form factor. You may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like.

Attached: ROG-Mothership-is-a-True-Desktop-Replacement-Laptop.png (1500x962, 690K)

One simple question:

What are you really doing on your laptop that isn't gonna run just fine on a (relatively) thin, light and long-battery 14 inch packing a GeForce 1030?

Attached: t480.jpg (1600x1200, 340K)

You laugh, but I completed my first run of Half Life 2 on a Socket 754 Sempron 2600+.
>90nm K8
>Single-channel DDR-400 RAM
>Only 128kB L2 cache
Even today, I'm still amazed that it could into consistent 40-ish fps. Doom 3 ran great, too. For a guy who had just built his first budget gaymen PC shitbox for a few hundred bucks, coming from the Mac, it was very impressive.

No idea how NuSource games like L4D would run on that little guy, though. A-And I'd rather not find out.

That reminds me: apart from value - which is a weird proposition in a gaming laptop to begin with - is there any reason people shit on Alienware? It's looking like a decent luxury brand if you've got the money.

There is no difference. I am still capped with my speeds.

You could always try internet-over-electricity or whatever they call it. Gotta get some wall socket adapters to make a LAN in your house, but at least your house is already wired for it.

Well i am going to be studying abroad in 1 week and purchased this laptop. I wanted to make sure that everything is running correctly and this is my only issue. Could windows 10 be the problem? Should I install Win7 ?

Video editing for example

In that case I'd say just wait a week and see how it works wherever you'll be studying.

Installing Win7 is a pain in the ass on newer hardware, I wouldn't bother unless moving doesn't magically fix your problem.

Is this one good? I think I have this exact one that I bought on a whim like a year or 2 ago and it seems to play games well.

>asking this in a GAMING LAPTOP GENERAL
wew lad

I have pic related (ASUS Strix GL503)
Intel Core i5 Core i5 8300H
16gb DDR4
1050ti 4gb
120hz panel

I really like it, it's a TN panel but the colours are fantastic. I paid £640 for it which I think is pretty good, the 1050ti is actually better than everyone says,I get 120fps on a lot of games on low/medium.

If you are seeking some Jow Forums seal of approval, fucking forgot it.
If it does what you need it to do, it is good my brother inshallaah

Lol I'm not going to buy a new one if it sucks; it works fine for me and I'm going to keep it, it's just that these threads pop up once in a while and this laptop gets posted pretty often so I'm wondering if it's a meme or not.

The only memes are Predator and Razer gaming laptops, though Razer is god tier design wise.

Understood, thank you for you help atleast

>it's a laptop you can play basically any game on
>also it's not a big overheated overpriced ugly gamur piece of shit