What is the least buggy linux distro available? I like OpenBSD but I need virtualization

What is the least buggy linux distro available? I like OpenBSD but I need virtualization.

I'm thinking it's probably some distro that is really simple (in the way it's designed, not for the end user). Maybe something like Gentoo, Alpine, Void, Slackware, or Crux? Any opinions? I want something that doesn't get in my way, doesn't break when updating, has decent documentation, free of poetteringware, and with sane defaults.

Attached: 1558334304444.jpg (700x862, 76K)

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/karrigan.taylor/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>velma
>not thicc enough
don't do this

Debian stable
only gets releases when they werk.

she is very beautiful to meee

Debian on the desktop is buggy af, has shit documentation, and has systemd.

Debian stable

but if you don't want to be stuck with years old packages, Arch

debian is the internet explorer of the linux word

you niggers cant even read

Post more, nigger.

I don't have any. Buy XCM.

Attached: 1558944945212.png (623x907, 569K)

>I want something that
>doesn't get in my way
Fedora Silverblue
>doesn't break when updating
Fedora Silverblue
>has decent documentation
>Fedora Silverblue
>free of poetteringware
Gentoo
>and with sane defaults.
Fedora Silverblue

Windows LTSB 2016 not LTSC 2019
Just werks and very stable and only security updates no big updates

>Is boi?

>doesn't break when updating
Debian / Ubuntu LTS
>has decent documentation
Debian / Ubuntu LTS
>free of poetteringware
Does not exist
>and with sane defaults
Debian / Ubuntu LTS

>Gentoo
Real distro but too much work. Try Sabayon if you must go the Gentoo route
>Alpine
Deprecated meme distro
>Void
Unpolished meme distro that pretends to be *BSD
>Slackware
Great distro, no packages
>Crux
Dependency hell that is only mitigated by the fact there are almost no packages to install

>Fedora Silverblue
What is that and why would I use it over redhat linux if i wanted a pozzed system

so far im leaning towards gentoo despite the documentation reading like its was written by some verbose nigger who can barely speak english

ubuntu has become unbootable just about every time i performed a dist-upgrade, canonical is a joke

Oh shit. If you're that new to linux you better not be playing around with the meme distros you listed. You're going to have a bad time if you can't even maintain Ubuntu

>"maintain"
>run build-in updater
>system becomes unusable
ubuntu is fucking garbage and so is debian. retards like you are doing a disservice to linux by recommending ubuntu to anyone

Have you tried buying a Mac? If you fuck that up, you can just have one of the geniuses fix it for you

you dumb fucking zoomer retard

Is it a girl?

>zoomer
Sweetie, I'm probably old enough to be your father. You're inability to assess age is only surpassed by your inability to maintain a foolproof distro.

go to bed jordan

arse

Void is the best choice for non-systemd but it's quite unstable

fucking DIE with your thicc meme
enough fat ugly whores already

>she

>not break when updating
>no poetteringware
>sane defaults
You're asking incompatible things.

sounds like gentoo or crux would be better then?

Your mother here. Listen to your father user, and go to fucking sleep.

You can't ask for no systemd and sane defaults at the same time, because the only distros without systemd are meme distros.

OpenBSD has virtcuck
Its called VMM

Gentoo or Slackware both fit your bill.
Slackware would probably be a better choice for virtualization, Gentoo works best on bare metal.

you cant use windows guests though, right?

>instagram.com/karrigan.taylor/
Female.
Move along faggots.

>you will NEVER *EVER* have a cosplay gf that lets you fuck her as a different character every day

Attached: 1fb.png (600x583, 340K)

if you stop posting bullshit like this you might someday

who are you kidding, user?

Attached: 1531647392812.jpg (475x462, 260K)

yes and it sucks and is featureless, just like OpenBSD itself.

I use Alpine on my router and like it, am I retarded?

It's Fedora, so it's secure, up-to-date, etc. Silverblue's specialty is immutable system images. That means your system cannot break when upgrading, you can even switch releases back and forth randomly as you please. If the release you moved to is unstable, you can easily rollback. All files dumped into /usr by packages are tracked by the package manager, no additional files may be placed there, so your system will always be clean.

Ubuntu, Velma. But you should already know about Ubuntu, being the clever one.

Attached: ubuntu halloween.jpg (580x435, 45K)

god i wish i were that velma

Go back

If that router supports pfSense and you are using Alpine anyway, then yes you are. If that router does not support pfSense, then it is still a possibility. Either way, maybe you should get yourself tested user

unironically Gentoo

>Sabayon if going Gentoo route
Calculate (really just an extra overlay for binaries) is much closer to Gentoo than Sabayon. Using portage on sabshit will 9/10 break rigo.

Dude you're just stupid, he already told you. Don't blame the OS for your failures.

debian is shit, newer software translates in less bugs retard. It's ok for a server because the server programs are basically perfect even in old versions. But the desktop is evolving

red hat is literally one of the pillars of linux, it would have been shit without them paying developers. the upstream fedora i perfect
%s/\ Silverblue//g

Silverblue is not ready yet

GUYS I NEED A DISTRO THAT IS BLEEDING EDGE AND ALSO ROCK STABLE IT CANT HAVE SYSTEMD I HATE SYSTEMD BUT ALSO IT NEEDS TO BE EASY TO SETUP AND NEVER BREAK AND IT NEEDS TO HAVE BIGGER REPOS THAN DEBIAN AND FEDORA COMBINED BUT ITS PACKAGES NEED TO RUN AS FAST AS A -MARCH NATIVE -O3 GENTOO INSTALL

It's like you wrote your sonic OC as a linux distro. Faggot.

>It's ok for a server because the server programs are basically perfect even in old versions.
The fuck you on about? My debian server is on the latest kernel and so is nginx.

I bet that anal slut is wearing a buttplug right now.
Also install Ubuntu

funny because i can easily have all of those things with bsd. however now i need linux but the linux community is full of autists like you

>I like openbsd but I need virtualization
Gentoo, if you like openbsd, Gentoo has a profile which makes everything autistically secure like OpenBSD with compilation flags.
With the advantage that is linux, and docker, qemu/kvm and so on will actually work.
But I don't recommend it, that security profile gets in your way for a desktop. Just the normal desktop profile and after installing all you need maintaining it is easy as fuck.
So Gentoo with desktop profile.
Ubuntu LTS/Debian is buggy, and they all break when upgrading to major releases because of new configs in /etc/ or the like, though debian manages that and if you pay attention it's ok.
Fedora is also good but you need to reinstall every year at least (upgrade every two versions), and all the potteringware it ships is actually well configured unlike arch or debian, Most complaints about systemd are from debian because of the shitty custom config they use. Fedora is really vanilla outside of the installation

And yet it can't do virtualization lmao.

>no proof
only stable is supported retard, testing and sid is fucking nuclear waste garbish

lol

You need to run grub-update or whatever the command is, my co-worker said he always has to update grub after any kernel or os upgrade or he can't boot

what the fuck? but debian has hooks in apt that does this automatically. Also installing a new kernel shouldn't delete the old one

Works on my machineā„¢ but nice moving the goalpost. Also compiling a generic kernel yourself ain't rocket science.

imagine the smelle

Fat acceptance is a disease.

never moved the goalpost, even if you have the latest kernel that's just a fucking kernel. and it's a fucking server.
I'm talking about the desktop where it's old as fuck with a lots of bugs.
Retard, you moved the goalposts

debian on the desktop really is fucking miserable, as is everything debian-derived. linux mint had some good releases but it's a total hit and miss situation, and all their own coded software is buggy dogshit

it's best to just stay away from anything that has any relation to do with debian, at least for a desktop system

based, I mean when people say Linux on the desktop is a meme they have a point.
One year is usually a lot of progress in Linux. And debian derived distributions aren't really made to be easily upgradable, they have this retarded quirk of changing literally every directory and config file they can put their hands on just so it is debian. Fedora is a much better distribution in that regard even if it has had its fuck ups with stability, and so does Arch. Modifying the upstream a lot is just fucking retarded and makes it harder to upgrade

and when it fucks up its such a fucking headache too because the documention is so fucking shit as well, you have to go hunt down fixes on google and irc channels. i really dont get why debian based shit is so popular, i guess it must be some kind of first move advantage with ubuntu being the first normie distro, and marketing, or something

it's funny you bring up arch, a bleeding edge, "idgaf if this update fucks your system" mentality from the devs, scriptkiddie community, and i would still say it's more sane and less headache inducing experience than using debian or debian derived shit

kek, yeah it's funny arch is probably easier to fix just because it's not debian.
People use debian because they fall for the package count meme, it has like 50'000 of unmaintained bug ridden packages so people guess it's the best. Even though they don't have that much people to maintain all of that.
Also debian has like the most derivatives so they also think debian is like the default, vanilla linux

Debian confirmed for being a meme distro.

Slackware

Debian GNU/Hurd