Why are there no good desktop youtube clients? all I want are subscriptions, playlists and a decent browser

why are there no good desktop youtube clients? all I want are subscriptions, playlists and a decent browser

Attached: NewPipe-Download-600x400.jpg (600x400, 30K)

>wanting desktop apps
good luck, the future is web-based

invidio.us or youtube-dl & mpv

both of those just grab videos from urls

FreeTube

google chrome

Also interested in this.

Why tf doesn't newpipe give me a chronological subscription feed, the current sub feed is a fucking joke.

Attached: 1530636383893.gif (175x185, 1.87M)

I've got an RSS feed reader set up with my subscriptions so I can click on a video to stream it with youtube-dl and mpv. Comments aren't worth downloading and I'm not making a Google account to like videos.

I use freetube on my gnu/loonix machine.
It lacks a lot of features but it allows me to keep subscribed to a few channels without having to login my botnet Google account.
New pipe is miles better though.

This

I use newpipe + freetube, you can sync subscriptions between the two.

Where is newpipe's api located? Seems like one of my isp blocks it. I got an error everytime I type on the search bar.

The web is for nigger cattle.

Also interested in this since youtube is literally unusable for me right now on firefox. What the fuck are google doing to make their scripts choke a 2700x?

Here's what you do. Take a channel, make it into an RSS feed, open the link in the RSS feed in VLC. No web, because opening a web browser means you're nigger cattle. YEEEHAW

That's an interesting idea, though I don't really use RSS.

I'd stop using Youtube but I need videos for school and the automatic closed captions can be life savers.

Tis a painful truth, Terry.

Could do way better but Jewgle would do anything to be in the way ...

You can get the closed caps on mpv, can't you?

Just use newsboat for subscriptions and youtube-viewer for browsing

this, after multiple ads started showing it was time to move

Just use YouTubeTM from the Google Play StoreTM

Attached: gfhjdtg.png (1293x1407, 737K)

Anyone pay for youtube red here?

>paying for free videos

Attached: 1530539355090.jpg (500x500, 49K)