Pre-X570 boards will not support PCIe Gen 4...

old.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/buydi6/amds_robert_hallock_no_pcie_40_support_on_300_and/epn2c83/

>Pre-X570 boards will not support PCIe Gen 4. There's no guarantee that older motherboards can reliably run the more stringent signaling requirements of Gen4, and we simply cannot have a mix of "yes, no, maybe" in the market for all the older motherboards.

OH NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

A NEW MOTHERBOARD A YEAR KEEPS THE AYYMD GOYIM IN FEAR

Attached: Su.jpg (645x803, 104K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcgamesn.com/amd-ryzen-3000-cpus-x570-x470-b450-motherboard-performance
twitter.com/AnonBabble

? This has been known for some time now. 3rd Gen ryzen was the only thing confirmed being passed on to older motherboards. To expect double the data bandwidth to be magically enabled when the newer motherboards have much more powerful chipsets to support Gen 4 is frankly hilarious and sad.

fuck off jew no one gives a shit and zen1 and zen+ dont support pcie4 anyway

Yep, Intel shills are so desperate, can't wait for this piece of shit of a company to die a slow and painful death.

Attached: 1559056252058.jpg (1510x1593, 1.07M)

>PCIe 4 doesn't matter
Ok

That's like complaining buying a new CPU didn't turn your USB2 ports into USB3.

You get the CPU and the IPC uplifts that come with it. You don't get your motherboard magically changed to support a new standard.

you need to contact your Intel handler and insist that he keep you more up to date on anti-AMD news so you can shill at 100% efficiency.

Attached: 1545699559744.png (600x600, 32K)

AMD:
>here's a new motherboard chipset with new features, but have no fear, the older motherboards will still support new processors!
Int*l:
>oy vey, reusing sockets across generations is anti-semetic

Just buy 3 motherboards a year with your intel cpus then

>old hardware does not support new features
Imagine the shock.

>r*dditor
You'd have to be a retard to consider this an argument
do you honestly think that anyone who needs more pci-e lanes wouldn't be looking at buying a new cpu and motherboard?
This limitation is there because the traces weren't even conceived with the 4.0 standard in mind. An average consumer won't even benefit from 4.0 since gpus are nowhere near maxing out x16 on 3.0 and few people run pci-e cards
meanwhile 9900kelvin has 16 pci-e lanes while even the shittiest r3 1200 has 20
meanwhile even the shittiest ryzen chip is unlocked while intel sells 3 unlocked chips per generation and puts them at such a jewish price ratio that it makes you feel like you're wasting money for buying i5K instead of i7

who cares jew

Excuse me, this is an AMD shill board. Please delete this sir.

Ok a few questions first off why are you making q big deal when they explain in full detail why
Secondly you can't update the bios and make 3.0 ports into 4.0
Most important does a single pcie device support 4.0 in the first place?

>"AMD confirms Ryzen 3000 CPUs perform the same in B450, X470, and X570 boards"
No performance difference between chipsets, X570 is just if you want bleeding edge IO.
pcgamesn.com/amd-ryzen-3000-cpus-x570-x470-b450-motherboard-performance

>expecting reasons
It's called low level shitposting.

>older motherboards will still support new processors!
you forgot to add the disclamer about the 300 motherboards.

Low IQ nigger Jew your Intlel CPU's don't even support it lol.

>Be me
>Be Jewish
>Go on Jow Forums
>Post about how great intel is
>???
>Profit

>>Most important does a single pcie device support 4.0 in the first place?
This was my thought as well, unless you're running RAID PCIe SSDs (why?) along with a lot of other PCIe cards. Who exactly though, even my config with two graphics cards, a sound card and a PCIe SSD I find no real need for PCIe 4.0 when everything works fine.

I guess PCIe 4.0 x4 lanes could save some lanes on multi-gpu for lower end/less bandwidth required cards but meh

they never promised compatibility besides the socket, shill

should've just typed
>Be me
>Be Jewish
>Profit

>BUY INTO OUR ECOSYSTEM GOY WE WONT JEW YOU LIKE OUR COMPETITOR DOES, JUST TRUST US GOY
One generation later
>SORRY GOY BUT THIS ADVANCED NEW TECHNOLOGY IS SIMPLY NOT BACKWARDS COMPATITIBLE, WE NEVER PROMISED IT WOULD BE, JUST BUY A NEW MOBO FROM ONE OF OUR TRUSTED PARTNERS

Oof

>ALL CAPS MAKES MY MESSAGE SEEM IMPORTANT
yikes.

>That's like complaining buying a new CPU didn't turn your USB2 ports into USB3.
>You get the CPU and the IPC uplifts that come with it. You don't get your motherboard magically changed to support a new standard.

Misleading analogy. It's like buying a new CPU and half the cache is locked out. Why? Because the PCIe lanes in question come FROM THE CPU.

AMD initially told OEMs to decide, but now they decide to restrict all OEMs instead. Rememver NoVideo restricting OEM designs, and Intel blocking 8700K on Z270? This is the same shit.

who are you quoting?

>This limitation is there because the traces weren't even conceived with the 4.0 standard in mind. An average consumer won't even benefit from 4.0 since gpus are nowhere near maxing out x16 on 3.0 and few people run pci-e cards
Same can be said for 6 series chipsets and X79. How did they get upgraded from PCIe 2 to 3? Oh yes a BIOS update.

op is either a retard or a paid intel shill
no one can be this dumb

>Secondly you can't update the bios and make 3.0 ports into 4.0
...except you can, and Gigabyte has already done it. AMD now will update the AGESA to remove the feature.

It makes it easier for you rarts to read. We are doing a favor for you.

the motherboard &ram jew gotta eat somehow

Attached: 1493230244959.png (558x568, 383K)

lol that image, essentially every fucking company marketing

nothing but a pcie SSD would even saturate the top slot anyways
nice I can buy even a used x470 and it'd work fine with the new shit though

It's almost as if in 2011 the technology behind it was still advancing and it hit a wall in recent years and an exponential amount of money needs to be thrown at it to be viable.
really makes you think huh

> to be magically enabled
What exactly is required to achieve either PCI Express gen3 or gen4 speeds? Connectors are the same. PCI Express controller is inside the CPU. Signal levels could get worse, but surely PCIE gen3 PCBs have enough shielding to allow more bandwidth on short distances, like up to 10cm?
I can bet your ass on this, when X570 mobos will come out, somebody will eventually test beta BIOSes ON x470 to find out there are no difference in bandwidth between old mobos and new mobos.

Attached: 1559487469164.gif (240x320, 1.75M)