USB C

So, now that time has passed, is this actually stronger than micro-USB?

Attached: 1200px-USB_Type-C.svg.png (1200x900, 37K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/SanDisk-Ultra-Type-C-128GB-SDCZ450-128G-G46/dp/B01BUSN0DO
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yes, it's undoubtedly stronger for shear loads.

yes, it nice
easy to insers

anything is better then these cunts

Attached: 220px-USB_2.0_connectors.svg.png (220x242, 8K)

Used my 1+5 for 2 years, the male end never wore down at all but the female end became a bit wobbly.

>not directional
>no bent gripping pins
>no gripping pins scratching surfaces
>3.0 (or 3.1) has the same format and isn't an abomination like pic related
I don't see any issue, it's objectively better

Attached: 312YFGKisnL._SY355_.jpg (355x355, 11K)

This shit was so fucking retarded.

I'm glad we can all agree.

type-b connector
is best connector.

Why does mini have 5 prongs when everyone else has 4?

nvm can't count

unironically, i kinda like usb-c. What's wrong with it?

Why did this take over 20 years to happen?

Depends on how sturdily the socket is designed. I bought a wireless keyboard from a thrift store and plugged it in only to find a few hours later it ddin't charge.
Later I noticed it was missing the center post where the pins are. Apparently the last owner must've jammed in a plug hard enough that the post bent (probably plugged it in upside down), and the whole mechanism popped out the back, leaving just the frame.

Attached: 50-Pcs-Micro-USB-Type-B-Female-5-Pin-DIP-Socket-Connector-4-Legs.jpg_640x640.jpg (640x572, 53K)

Have sex, incel.

t. Jow Forumspol/

good bait

Attached: USB3SABXBK.Main.jpg (600x600, 25K)

I have that one on my external HDD... what the fuck??? Who thought this was a good idea??? How would anyone even think that this is needed at all???

The whole damn purpose was to have backwards compatibility with MicroUSB.
If you can't get why that shit rocks, fuck off.

>MicroUSB

That had low adoption rates, i have just had 3 devices with it and 2 were phones. Mini USB had more life in it.

*blocks your path*

Attached: 01-INTRO[1].jpg (1600x1600, 89K)

>pins on the device so you have to buy a new phone if a pin wears out
>DRM chip in every cable
goodest of goys

I love type C and hope they move to using it for every possible application. Imagine a USB stick that's type c, smaller than a pencil eraser.

TYPE C > TYPE A > MINI A > MICRO B > TYPE B

Prove me wrong, faggots.

true, everyone here bitching about b simply don't understand quantum probability.

you should stick usb b one way, it won't go, then turn it around it won't go, then turn it around ago and then it will slide in. it's that simple.

to sell you shit in the mean time

wrong, idiot

why did they ever make usb directional? what a blunder

>USB stick that's type c
Are they still expensive as shit?

>MicroUSB
>low adoption rates
Every single smartphone from 2009 to 2014 used it, excluding iphones. Even the EU made it the standard charging port for mobile devices until Type C came out. You don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

Wut? Micro USB has massive adaptation.

>micro USB
>low adoption rate
Micro USB was the most widely accepted standard for the better part of 10 years. It's STILL the industry standard for anything where type C is too costly.

>significantly thicker than lightning
>thin fragile bit inside the connector
>more jiggle

amazon.com/SanDisk-Ultra-Type-C-128GB-SDCZ450-128G-G46/dp/B01BUSN0DO

Guess not, 128gb is quite an improvement.

all the reviews mention that it gets hot enough to burn your skin. That's pretty interesting, actually.

I'm pretty much entirely on type C now. Just went on a long trip and only had C to C cables on me.
The only times it was an issue/annoyance were that the plane seat's entertainment console had an A socket for charging separate from the AC adapter which I couldn't use, and also one of my AirBNBs had a bed with a headboard that also had a built in A socket. Ended up borrowing a friend's A to C cable as a backup

>significantly thicker than lightning
The whole assembly is about the same size. Of course the male bit is thicker on USB-C because the pin/contact design is switched compared to Lightning, but again the overall thing is roughly the same size.
>thin fragile bit inside the connector
Doesn't really matter because it doesn't come into contact with anything until the male bit is lined up properly. Also the exposed pins on the female Lightning connectors are way more brittle.
>more jiggle
Not an issue because the connector is properly mated and can't bend too much. Unless you have retard strength of ten men and somehow manage to break the connector when connected. Then again, you'd have more pressing issues than USB connectors then.

>A connector that's literally killed people

>Jow Forums acts like little edgelord bitches @ USB-C dongles
>Jow Forums begins shilling USB-C
>
The absolute state of Jow Forums

Attached: max-semenov-final-4k.jpg (1920x1920, 619K)

Hah, really? How? I'm starting to like it more now.

Type B is still Chadler Von Chadstein of the Royal Order of Chadensons.

the only bad thing about lighting is that it's controlled by Apple.

>USB 2.0 only

The 5th pin on small USB connectors is used for OTG I think

>Who thought this was a good idea???
Type-C didn't exist yet. What would you propose for USB 3.0?

>reversible
good enough for me

You know how they made USB C unidirectional?
By doubling the amount of pins. If you plug it in one way, it will use half of the pins.
If you plug it the other way, it will use the other half of the pins.
So basically 2 cables in 1. It's not a smart solution.
Old USB just didn't have that redundancy, it only had the pins it needed to work.

Lmao, cope

Too bad the port breaks easily, the official cables are garbage and break easily too and it has a literal DRM chip.

your a fucking retard. you know how many times i've broken USB cables because I didn't insert the male into the female properly? i'll have you know that Type C is probably the best thing that's happened, and who are you to say it's flawed? Old USB is slower, less ergonomic and generally more obsolete. do you call a refrigerator redundant if it's not completely full?

retarded faggot

>your a fucking retard. you know how many times i've broken USB cables
lol

well, hoopdifucking-doo buster, i'm not some trap-weeb who likes to literally give their usb cords a handjob, i plug it in, and thats it. it has one purpose, and one purpose only. it's the actually flawed design of old usb that fucks it up, not me. don't get smart with me.

Maybe read the comment thread before you respond

Had my Macbook for a year and my screen regularly fails or flickers, so seems pretty flimsy in my experience.

is there a difference in transfer rates between type a to type c and type c to type c

pee pee poo poo "standard" that isn't standard, what a waste.
>I can't plug my cables in the right way
try not being retarded, there's a usb logo on the top telling you how to keep it.

You guys are forgetting about the best port: serial

are you like mad or something? can't admit type-c is better than micro? too broke to upgrade?

> hurrrr durrrr I tink I done Got Pointed out wrong, I bettur teel him to Read duh.... duh..... uhhhhh..... tread!

no it's literally the same protocol just different plug
unless it's "thunderbolt" but I doubt both of your devices are

>you know how many times i've broken USB cables because I didn't insert the male into the female properly?
Not him but how? Shit is pretty sturdy

so any gen 3.1 input will have the same transfer speed?

it will adapt to the speed of the lower version of the connected devices.
If you use USB 3.1 cable between an USB 3.0 computer and an USB 2.0 cellphone, the speed will be the one of the 2.0 standard at best.

Be kind to him user, he gets upset when other kids make fun of him.

Attached: 1512570362425.jpg (600x645, 36K)

this is just fucking sad.

I'm sorry, Satanya

>a connector that might be capable of ten different things, or maybe just one is a good idea
>a tiny connector with 12V on it is a good idea
>a connector where you can't tell by looking whether a cable will work for the particular thing you need it for is a good idea
I hope it dies.

Attached: 1533470947605.png (1200x1339, 967K)

>your a fucking retard. you know how many times i've broken USB cables because I didn't insert the male into the female properly?
So a retard calling others retarded? Interesting.

Attached: 1531342666878.png (800x949, 356K)

That's not a point
Everything should be designed to be as retard-proof as possible. Everything.

>12V
PD goes up to 20V.

>type c has compatibility for 2.0, 3.0 and 3.1
>muh horrible micro USB 3.0
kill yourself

No, just dumb proof. We shouldn't account literal retards when designing things. Literally billions of devices are using regular USB around the world right now, yet you never hear complains about people breaking their cables due not inserting them in the right position.

I've got a Sandisk with USB C and USB A. Shit gets incredibly hot when plugging it in and using it.

nothing, we good

>yet you never hear complains about people breaking their cables due not inserting them in the right position.

Attached: 3009043poster1280now176areyouinternetaddicted.jpg (1280x719, 221K)

>We shouldn't account literal retards when designing things
Ironically you are a literal retard and that's how most things are designed.

>I'm mentally challenged so I don't know what I'm plugging at two (2) ends of a cable
I hope you die

Attached: 1525889742150.png (798x490, 95K)

>physical backwards compatibility
>bad
It's a shame this shit didn't see more widespread adoption

The connector is fine (though I never broke a micro-B cable in my life either). I fucking hate the rest of the ecosystem which cropped up alongside USB C, though. USB was at least fairly consistent before. You knew what plug worked with what and you knew what cable you needed to connect one device to the other, plus the fact that the host had (or was supposed to) have its type of plug unique to it, you couldn't have issues with connecting things together which weren't meant to be connected.

Now with USB C we've got a whole clusterfuck of shit and you can hardly tell whether a cable or adapter you're buying will actually work for your intended purpose. We've got like 3 different speed grades which have been rebadged and rebranded 3 times over, power delivery specifications, video alt modes, Thunderbolt and chips in the cable itself, all that shit going through literally the same connector, with no quick way to tell what each port supports exactly. Good fucking luck finding a cable which works with your precise combination of requirements and supported standards, good luck figuring out precisely what each device supports/requires and what it can talk to or how it can be charged properly. Then we've also got some phone manufacturers using the USB C connector with fast charging support, but they're not actually using USB PD spec, they're using their own custom shit despite using the fucking standard USB A and USB C connectors on their cables.

The physical design of the connector is fine, but everything else has gone to shit. I especially think they shouldn't have done away with the idea of a host-only port. Now we've got charming situations such as connecting your phone to your laptop and having the fucking phone charge the laptop instead of the other way around.