Applel products

Is there any reason to use Apple products other than the social bullshit (iMessage and FaceTime)? I’ve literally only encountered it a few times in university. It was a group project and one person says “everyone has an iPhone......right?” As if it’s a fucking threat to not fuck up their precious little blue bubble cult.
I’m currently using nothing but Applel shit because I fell for the social meme, but I’m really starting to miss my custom desktop and Android phone. The thermals on the MacBook are shit and it always gets loud no matter how many times I reset the SMC or reinstall Mac OS, and I almost never use my 8 Plus because it can’t even play WEBMS without an app and the screen isnt as nice as my old amoled. I never should have sold them.
The only reasons I can think of for using Applel shit is: iMessage, FaceTime, updates for 5 years, Apple Watch is good for working out and simple convenience, and status symbol and “fitting in” with the “normal” people.
Are there any other reasons?

Attached: 5FB56100-CD91-410F-B367-72DB96E72AFE.jpg (1024x683, 254K)

Oh and their mobile processors. But everything else is shit

Macs are the best BSD workstations.

That may be true, but it’s been a pretty shit “workstation” for me. Even the loyal Mac Pro people are pissed about the latest offerings. I’m just looking for reasons to stay with or leave Apple.

>Is there any reason to use Apple products other than the social bullshit (iMessage and FaceTime)?
>other than the social bullshit (iMessage and FaceTime)
If you live in an area where most people use Android devices (such as where I live), it is not really an issue. Apple users know their place, and they know that they cannot reliably expect to use only Apple products. I assume this is only ever a significant issue when Apple users move into an area that isn't totally dominated by their folk. In socio-economic terms, when they move outside their private college dorm into the real world.

apple products are unrivaled in hardware premium quality design and are the tool for people who get things done, unlike a lenovo or hp

Nice bait

Attached: e9d.jpg (600x600, 18K)

Attached: 1558478299692.png (1001x763, 57K)

This is another reason I’ve been considering switching back. I have a 2017 non touch pro and I get paranoid every time I use it. It hasn’t broken yet somehow

Apple pay > anything on android. He 5 year support cycle should be enough for you to buy.

If you don't play muh gaymes on your phone you can get a 2 year old phone for cheap that is supported for another 3 years.

Id never get current macs, but iphones are unironically good value. Especially in america where nobody but pajeets use 3rd party messaging like whatsapp

Inb4 cope from faggots who shill for Foss and security but use a fucking chink phone. The irony is thick here sometimes.

>Is there any reason to use Apple products other than the social bullshit (iMessage and FaceTime)?

Well, you gotta use them if corporate hands you some.
And you gotta at least have a Mac if you want to sell shit in their store.

And the products aren't that bad if you disregard the cost.

Personally financing and owning one though? Unless you expect a return it doesn't make that much sense. Especially in 2019, when they haven't updated their designs and have multiple design flaws from the previous cycle..

The whole "macs have great resale value" thing is coming to an end. It happened because a 5 year-old mac would run great compares to a 5 year-old windows machine, but Mojave will run like shit on a 2013 mac and the keyboard barely lasts 6 months.

MacOS is the best desktop OS for people who use their computers for more things than as a glorified video game console. Only problem is that modern Macbooks are shit.

Unironic question: has it helped you get laid? in a situation where you wouldn't have gotten laid if you had an android?

Attached: image.jpg (960x940, 388K)

Ah yes the “I’m superior because I don’t play video games” Macfag argument. You don’t have to hate on something just because your hardware/software isn’t suited to carrying out a given function

>The whole "macs have great resale value" thing is coming to an end. It happened because a 5 year-old mac would run great compares to a 5 year-old windows machine, but Mojave will run like shit on a 2013 mac and the keyboard barely lasts 6 months.

Nobody is arguing that. This is a end use consumer good. It's not real estate.It will obviously devalue and the brand name won't stop that.

I'm talking about publishing fart apps on the AppStore and making more money than you spent.

But that's wrong. MacOS is just as much of a botnet toy OS as windows. Even worse is that people have been fooled into thinking "it's unix" and "it's open source" just because it's based on BSD, even though the majority of the OS is proprietary and on the parts that aren't, it's still near impossible to get patches upstreamed.

Apple watch is still one of the better "fitness" bands and got wireless charging right. Though other manufacturers are finally getting the hang of proper wireless charging on a device designed to get wet, so that market's falling.

For other devices. Can't think of a single one outside of using obscure software. I had one back when Fuji's raw conversion was fucked and Iridient Developer was OS X only. There's not too many applications that are "must haves" there either and the closed hardware is limiting.

If I was apple, I'd be worried. Or I wouldn't since consumers love things that look good and are cool.

It is a good way to notify other people that you are part of the lgbt.

From what I’ve gathered, that’s only for total cunts who want to use a man for money/trap him with a baby etc. But I never really noticed anything from girls I’ve dated. I even know a chad who uses a Motorola and games on a fucking Ayy Lmaoware laptop. He’s very vocal about his hatred for Apple as well. He got the occasional jab from some girls for not using Apple but he doesn’t give a fuck. But the majority of guys like him are Apple lovers

God I hate zoomers.

This is one thing that keeps me tied to Applel. I researched Wear OS and Samsung smartwatches but they’re fucking awful. Most of them don’t even have a speaker and Goygle has literally given up on it. And the Samshit watches are only slightly better but don’t work well with regular Android phones because Samsung wants it all to be locked down

Please explain some more

I do play video games and I use MacOS, Windows and Linux, fucktard. Playing video games =/= using your computer as a glorified video game console, as in not doing anything on your computer other than to play video games on it.

What part of it is wrong? Being open source or proprietary means fuck all when Linux doesn't have the support for the industry standard software that professionals need to use daily.

I wish I was that guy

Millenials are just older zoomers, they really aren't that different

Sell all your applel shit. The only reason people get them is for the social meme. If you really think you need to use MacOS or feel it's better then wangblows you can always build a hackintosh. Although I heard it can be a pain to get working perfectly you'll be getting something much better than anything applel offers

Oh I thought you were being an ass and suggesting that’s all windows users do

Supposedly people still believe it even with the new hardware faults

Best development environment, period.

>If you live in an area where most people use Android devices (such as where I live)
flyover detected

Linux is a kernel, not an OS. If your software vendor refuses to ship their software for your platform of choice then don't buy software from them.
Reminder that no proprietary software can be considered 'industry standard' because it's controlled by a single vendor. An industry, by definition, consists of many companies operating independently, no one company who controls everything.
If the software were free and open source then this compatibility would not be an issue because it would be a lot easier for the customer to port the software to their platform of choice, instead of with proprietary software where the customer's only option is to beg the vendor for a port, and when they refuse then there is no recourse.

How to uncover an iToddler:
1. each post reminds you that non-Apple software is for poojeets
2. when confronted with privacy or security issues, they resort to childish "b-but chinkshits are made by chinks!"
3. They underline how Apple is the American way and you should be proud to be an apple user.
Essentially their argumentation is mostly shaming everyone who doesnt agree, and racism.

Tim Apple knows cocks better than he knows computers, and all the talent is vanishing from the Macbook design group. Apple is still shit but it's a very shiny and nice-to-hold turd in comparison to the pregnancy shits texture of Windows workstations.

Apple has a high entry cost, but my iphone 6 has lasted a good while. I don't care about ricing and use a minimal amount of apps.

There is no reason to use applel chinkshit ever.
>worst build quality in the industry
>worst software quality in the industry
>worst OS in the industry
>worst security in the industry
>worst fanbase on the planet

Attached: 1530090694860.png (588x717, 261K)

their mobile processors only works with iOS devices, so there's no way we can compare it with an Android device but probably are shit if you put an A12 bionic on an Android phone since Apple wants to make you think that their processors are good, they probably not.

Attached: 1525371652039.jpg (385x299, 6K)

>If your software vendor refuses to ship their software for your platform of choice then don't buy software from them.
What are you talking about? Why would I, or anybody, choose a platform that doesn't support the software I need to use? I'd love to use Linux as my daily driver because free and open source software is much more preferable to proprietary, but I can't because the software I need to use isn't compatible with it.

>If the software were free and open source then this compatibility would not be an issue because it would be a lot easier for the customer to port the software to their platform of choice, instead of with proprietary software where the customer's only option is to beg the vendor for a port, and when they refuse then there is no recourse.
Too bad, because it is an issue and industry standard software that isn't already open source has little to no incentive to make it open source, but people will need to use it regardless.

a lot of my profs used it because it's a unix OS that just werks

I own nothing Apple but would use a MBP if I were gifted one, and only for music prod and collab though since that seems to be a thing. Would rather hackintosh if it came to that though.

macOS is the best desktop OS, period. Straightforward as fuck for beginners and plenty of power for advanced users, right out of the box.

Once you've gotten a good grasp on it, Windows and Linux DEs all look like third-rate crap clones that just waste your time and piss you off.

contrary to Jow Forums consensus may lead you to believe there are quite a few industries where apple is a standard

lol considering whether your choice of computer/phone will have any impact on your sexual desirability is utterly incel tier

macOS is an alright OS if you have no need for vidya but all Apple hardware I've ever owned sucked balls

>Windows and Linux DEs all look like third-rate crap clones that just waste your time and piss you off
The DE is pretty good, that's true.

I have a macbook and I wanna kill myself. It's pathetic and retarded. Also macos is shit.

>unrivaled in hardware
You have to be literal retard to believe this.

If you've got the money and want a comfy OS, high build quality, reliable (though expensive) repairs, and aren't doing 4k video editing or whatever, macbooks are nice

If you're an actual professional in anything but coding, use windows

This actually used to be true. In ~2009, Macbooks were the only laptops available that actually lasted a reasonable amount of time (7+ hrs). The only machines that managed to compete were VAIOs, and they cost 50 bucks less but lokked 50 times worse.

>aren't doing 4k video editing

Macs do 4K just fine. The problem is that Adobe's software sucks monkey balls.

You could come up with a counter argument instead of pretending the term itoddler is one in itself.

Apple pay, long life cycle, local population locked into walled garden (which in terms of imessage is super convenient), alternatively, no option to use an equally good third party messaging system. Chink phones LITERALLY SUPPORTED by the Chinese govt.

You must be one of those Foss retards who owns a xiaomi or the like.

look at the benchmarks for the cpu inside the ipad pro

>benchmarks
No one cares your manchild toy can run a 2kb 1-line of code """""benchmark"""" entirely inside your fruit toy CPU's cache. Find a real workload to put on it then try again Ranjeet.

Attached: 1535335096848.png (817x1337, 321K)

OSX is genuinely a better end user experience than Win10. Just buy a 2012-era Mac back when Apple semi-cared about users being able to take care of their machines and upgrade the RAM and storage.

>being proud of being corralled like livestock for the sake of muh convenience

This is why you get called apple sheep.