Did I do well?

Did I do well?

Was in the market for an e-reader and saw these going very cheap. Considering the paper white was like £129.99 to avoid the fucking adverts...

Attached: ereader.png (1159x797, 217K)

Yeah, Kobo is based.

Comfortlight Pro is the f.lux colour shifting?

My H2O has that and I wouldn't want to live without now.

Yeah it is, has anyone opened their newer Kobos to change the SD card?

I'm thinking of buying an e-reader too, what features should I look for?

kindle paperwhite 3 is good and you can buy also in the kindle store
>inb4 you can't read "illegaly" downloaded documents with internet connection on
not true, who said it is retard, I'm reading them
>inb4 you can't read epub
you can convert it easily with you e-mail client to kindle format

I heard there are problems with it (sometimes format conversion problems, like it'll fuck up spacing, and I can believe it because I've had e-books where I can't copy and paste from without getting garbage data).

No doubt the Paperwhite is alright, but it is also £30 more.

Well, what do you want to do with it? What type of content do you want to read?

I like mine
BTW don't mind my big hands I'm a big guy

Attached: IMG_20190602_191611.jpg (1080x1348, 362K)

For you

I have teeny girl hands, so I should be safe.

Wouldn't have minded an 8 inch display but fuck off am I paying £240 an e-reader.

Is there a e-reader that's produced by an european company?
Looking at kobo, but I'm trying to buy european if they have a good alternative

They're all made in Asia regardless of brand name

True, but the middle man still pays proper taxes most of the time if they are european

No European ones as far as I can tell. Kobo is Canadian, Nook was American, Amazon is American...

Is there even a valid alternative, if I want high PPI and color shifting (orange) light?

I think the Paperwhite can do this, but yeah it's expensive.

The ones i found real quick are:
Tolino Page
PocketBook InkPad
Adlibris Letto
Denver ebo
I have no idea how they preform though

Paperwhite doesn't have the color shifting.

Oh, then just the Kobo?

Just checked Tolino, not available in my country (UK). Will take a look at the others.

i have a paperwhite, it doesnt do color shifting, but the backlight doesn't look harsh at all even when I'm using it in the dark. having an adjustable color temp would be really nice though.

also - if anyone sees this and plans on getting a paperwhite don't pay extra for the ad-free version. just go on amazon's chat support and ask to have the ads removed and they'll do it for free

For real? It seemed so dirty to ask for extra money to NOT have ads.

>ask for extra money to NOT have ads
I don't wanna defend Amazon, but is the other way around, you can get it cheaper in exchange for ads. The price in other countries where we don't have ads is the equivalent to the non-ad version in the US.

go for it, got one recently and have around 150 books and comics in all kinds of formats and works great

They sell kobo at Waterstones on the UK or at least they used to 2 years ago. If you're worried about eu taxes you could order from there right?

The workaround is usually that they have a company setup in a country where there is almost no taxes.
Then the branches in other countries buy the product at selling price meaning that they earn nothing when they sell it making them pay no taxes on it even if its in the eu