Is it ok to pireate old games?

Is it ok to pireate old games?

Attached: sid-meier-s-civilization-ii_1.gif (800x598, 223K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gog.com/wishlist/games#search=civilization
us.shop.battle.net/en-us/product/starcraft
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

no you degenerate fuck pay for it

I don't see any cops around so sure why not

it's ok to pirate any software

If you can't but it yes

Yes, majority of the time money doesn't go to the original devs anyways.

If you think it is okay, then it is okay
If you do not think it is okay, then it is not okay

>future law requires you to travel back in time to legally buy a license

Attached: 11evlld[1].jpg (2048x725, 257K)

It depends how old, having said that i basically pirate everything. I buy game as cheap as ican then torrent it anyway so i dont have to install dumb shit like steam etc. lol

It's okay to pirate anything, every other opinion is a lie convenient only to the liar.

literally the Microsoft business model.

If there's no way to legally buy it , it's probably fine. Like if the company doesn't even exist anymore and nobody has the rights to it

>dumb shit like steam
How's it like being back in 2003?

No since they are actually worth the money.
You are more than welcome to pirate any new games tho.

good one

Meh most of them are abandonware anyways so I don't care

Would you pirate a car if you could? Then why would you pirate an old game?

>he doesn't know about openciv
pirating is for the dumb and poor, aka windows users

Go play Freeciv instead.
it's better.

civ2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> freeciv

It's fine as long as you don't get caught

Yes. IP laws are retarded.

Attached: -v- discusses piracy.png (934x771, 468K)

It's worse

>Would you pirate a car if you could?
Yes.

No, you have gog.com

No civ2 on ther

Only a non-white wintard would pirate software that is riddled with pajeet malware.

The white chad capitalist uses GOG with their DRM free software.

Contact them and request it. They have an economic incentive to provide the products you and others are interested in.

What an obnoxious and childish post

Sure though GoG isn't a half-bad deal if you feel like buying and a no-brainer if you're pirating. Getting some of this old shit to run is a real pain in the ass, especially for the "gee-whiz" stuff the actual devs barely got working in the first place like the Journeyman Project series.

>Contact them and request it.
gog.com/wishlist/games#search=civilization

Very good.

Legally no, but there's no reason not to when nobody has the legal power to stop you.

if you want to then just do it, what the fuck do i care?

based chinks pirate everything, including DRM free GOG

If the company's not selling it any more, yes. If the company's assets merged with a large, Jewish owned multinational game company, it's also allowed to pirate.

im proly getting old, but i prefer the simpler visual style of older Civ games, to these modern hexagons (octagons? i dont even know how many sides) and animations on every tile.

Attached: Snap300_1.jpg (1024x768, 197K)

>I don't see any cops around so sure why not
*raises paw* /3

not OP, but you cared enough to reply and fill a captcha just so you could say "I dont fucking care"
What do you call that?

>Is it ok to pireate old games?
If you can't buy it from an official source then pirate the shit out of it.

It was rhetorical you retard. He was telling OP to grow a pair and just do shit without thinking about what brainless faggots on a peruvian cat forum think.

>Civ games
how to spot the boomer

>pirating something that's free
us.shop.battle.net/en-us/product/starcraft

Anything older than 3 years.

>tfw had a random urge to play some Journeyman Project: Atlantis again earlier today
Should I just give up now?

yes. it's not alright for europoors like gog to claim they've enhanced abandonware and then threaten sites for offering the original expired license versions for free

it would still be a valid case if it goes to court

comcast wasn't affected. t-mobile and sprint are okay but plenty of shit went down there and it's erratic connections now

this, if nobody wants compensation for it, then it's reasonable to assume they don't care who has access to it

you call that old?
i only have one game installed that is newer than that (2017), and that's a pretty rare exception

Wrong thread m8 :3

Piracy involves theft on the high seas, not sure what that has to do with games. Unless the game is about pirates.

You might actually mean sharing digital copies of games though, in which case yes it is okay to do that. Not just for old games, bur for all games and all software.

I bought it and never played it user, I got your back if needed.

Jowood and westwood don't exist anymore so I doubt they care. It should be legal to download games once the studio dies.

i only buy something after pirating and seeing if i really, really liked it

Here's my morality
>If there's no way of purchasing it legally then it literally doesn't matter
>If any modern release is terrible and worse than the original version then pirate it out of spite
>If the rights changed to some jack off publisher and the developers don't see any profits then pirate it
>If you can still purchase it from the original developers (and it's not a terrible modern re-release) then purchase it

very redpilled

It's ok to pirate all games

You wouldn't download an old car.

one of the few perks of living in 3rd world shithole

>paying for software

Attached: soy.gif (365x400, 498K)

Pirate everything. Not just for convenience but it is your moral duty to society and Capitalism itself to pirate software. Capitalism operates on the principle that opposing parties will trade in order to gain profit which encourages growth. In Captialism you must obtain profit by any means not just for your own benefit but to the benefit of all of society. By pirating software you are saving yourself money while making society a better place by encouraging the company to develop more and make anti-piracy tactics. You are saving money while creating new technology. It is your moral duty to pirate software

I totally would

why not?
and how is that even comparable?

High IQ philosophy

>translation: pirate everything

/thread

This

Every jrpg I've ever played has been pirated.

/thread

Kek

>it is your moral duty to society and Capitalism itself
I pirate basically all my media but this is really faggy.

Attached: 1528913197338.png (581x720, 338K)

It's okay to pirate any software. It's all just ones and zeros.

The only ethical problem with so-called piracy is the fact that you are installing and running proprietary software.

They only retarded in stupid consumer's point of view. You cannot see past your nose, noone would produce any software if all of it will wind up stolen. Patent laws are retarded too?

Faggots like you are the reason all games are free-to-pay shit now, because otherwise you'd just pirate it.

>t. gamedev

The way I see it there's no reason not to pirate most things. Only retards are going to empty their bank accounts for the privilege of renting movies, tv shows, games, music etc. Ownership in the digital age is essentially dead. The only way you can retain these things and preserve them is to save them and make your own copies.
Besides there are legions of retards and moral fags who are willing to fork over the cash to support the artist.

If I'd go down to your mindset, I'd call you a leecher. Fucking burden on society.

From the Emacs dev mailing list
>Miles Bader: "Is it legal for a 'struct interval' to have a total_length field of zero?"
>RMS: "We can't be arrested for it as far as I know, but it is definitely invalid for an interval to have zero length."

It’s okay to pirate whatever the hell you want because fuck the police.

Piracy is a given. The only way to realistically reduce it and retain a non-freemium business model is to make it as easy as possible to purchase and download your software, ideally without DRM. Unfortunately, freemium with retarded microtransactions makes way more money than this utopian Bandcamp/GOG model. It just happens to come with the added benefit of being unpirateable.

>old games
Most of those are abandonware (public domain) so not subject to proprietary licenses

tpbp

This but also
>pirate anything thats is sold as a service rather than as a product
>if devs have a scummy dlc policy pirate the dlc
So basically pirate photoshop, buy paradox games and pirate paradox dlc

So it's OK to steal a car because the money doesn't go to the original assembly line workers?

Yes if they are more than 10 years old

Yep

people who pirate are poor fags that should get a part-time job if they really want games

No stop being a nigger, you wouldn't pirate a telsa would you?

A car has an owner, and by stealing the car you deprive the owner of their property
Who do you deprive of their game by pirating it?

if GOG or other store doesn't have it, yes.

>Piracy is stealing!
No

your actions have not gone unnoticed

Unfortunately this fucks over all of the honest people who appreciate quality.

They have no other choice than to thank pirates for it. Like you thank the assholes who leave public tap water running for the 15-seconds automatic valves.

Attached: dunno.png (300x199, 39K)

I don't play games but I've pirated 8tb of books, movies, tv shows, music, anime.
Fuck Hollywood and fuck j*ws!

Thanks, Lori.

Its not free if you need to use their shitty client with the base game. Ill take my cracked copy with unlimited installs, thank you very much.

Plus blizzard hasn't exactly been the best when it comes to updates as of now. Warcraft III is in a state of mess thanks to them.

DRM reduces piracy even if you don't like it

*cracks it* *flosses*