Why aren't you using Falkon?

Why aren't you using Falkon?
It uses Chromium, but with Google trash removed.
Czech high quality browser made by KDE project.

Attached: KFalkon.png (865x619, 45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SPZFN6VFFow
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First time I see it.

It's slower than firefox. I can't even browse threads with more than 10 replies without slowdowns. Not even firefox with gpu acceleration disabled is that slow.
Needless to say, acceleration force enabled on firefox makes everything butter smooth.

Works on my machine.

I was interested in it before it turned into a KDE project. If I'm going to use "Chromium, but with Google trash removed," I'd install ungoogled-chromium instead, so I don't have to install half of KDE as a dependency.

Attached: 1558367102953.png (712x538, 196K)

>not using KDE/Linux

>Chromium
Despite the fact that you work at Taco Bell, you got it COMPED.
youtube.com/watch?v=SPZFN6VFFow

Look man, i hate Firefox and Google as much as the next guy but this is still Chromium based. We need something else.

You don't need half of KDE. You only need qtwebengine, which is basically browser by itself, while falkon is wrapper.

I want to use it, I'm so fucking tired of Firefox and chromium, but for some reason it just doesn't work on my system (running KDE nonetheless). Url field doesn't respond, and if I maximise the window, the whole program goes transparent and freezes.

Because I'm using Icecat.

>It uses Chromium

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

What distro are you using?
Oy vey, it uses qtwebengine.

Kubuntu 19.04. I've used the version in the repo as well as the newest version from the devs. Does the same thing either way.

Weird, openSUSE, everything works smooth.
Have you tried compiling from source?

It's not actually "chromium-based". It does use qtwebengine, which is afaik blink-based, but it's not a true chromium fork like ungoogled or Brave. For example, it doesn't support extensions, which include privacy-protecting ones such as adblockers, cookie cleaners, HTTPS forcers, umatrix, decentraleyes, etc. It also probably has a unique snowflake user agent.
In other words, it's chromium with barely any of the benefits that come with that line of browsers.

Should i use Lunascape or w/e its called? My dad uses it.

>License Freeware
no

True, it doesn't support extensions yet.
But in mean time, it comes with essential adblockers and such.
> It also probably has a unique snowflake user agent.
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Falkon/3.1.0 Chrome/69.0.3497.128 Safari/537.36
>In other words, it's chromium with barely any of the benefits that come with that line of browsers.
It is better, since it is supported not by ad company, but rather by Qt, which are making money from toolkits.

>which browser do we want in the string?
>yes

fuck chromium

yes but also fuck mudzilla shitfox

You can change UA easily in settings.

I can't see anime videos on it. I don't have this problem with ungoogled chromium nor palemoon.

>It uses Chromium
exactly that's why.

Oy vey, it uses qtwebengine, not chromium

No

qutebrowser exists

because of brave

>can't hide titlebar
>settings page is bare
>no addons

it does have a (gimped) adblocker, and some built in extensions

>three search bars
there was an attempt

like qupzilla, its predecessor, the extensions are of dubious merit, although they are quite nice to have to play with.
the real problem though is that falkon backslid in terms of performance thanks to the fustercluck that is qtwebengine, in all honesty they should have stuck by webkit

>Czech

Attached: 61206883_1281647891991621_6558584768034766848_n.jpg (400x400, 14K)

>"It uses chromium"
No it doesn't you absolute fucking retard.

>made by slavoids

>can't hide title bar

QtWebEngine is based on Chromium, so it uses chromium

Forgot to attach.

Attached: Screenshot_20190602_155623.png (1366x768, 522K)

well? can you?
don't just meme arrow at me without an argument

It isn't modified chromium, qtwebengine uses blink for session rendering. It isn't a drop in chromium browser.

It has always been a Qt program. No new dependencies were added when it became a "KDE Project".
I want this muh qt/kde dependencies bad meme to die already.

Or use KDE. I have GTK programs which pull half of Gaynome with them.

no fair
you cheated by completely removing the kwin titlebars
what I meant was integrating the window control buttons into the tabs bar

Well, it is possible to DIY.
In mean time, Alt+Right click to resize, Alt+Left click to move, and Win+PgDn.

>updated once a year
>tried it on windows a while ago and didnt like it

thats all thanks for asking

>Alt+Right click to resize
you can hide the titlebar for specific windows in breeze settings without losing the resize border

Hm. Yeah, thanks man

>windows

>Chromium
Sorry, I'm not a retard.