>2019
>paying for linux

Attached: redhat.png (400x400, 7K)

There is nothing wrong with selling support.

t. guy who actually bought linux

>paying hundreds of developers to maintain Free and Open Source software as defined by the FSF
>hurr durr red hat is bad nsa xD potteringwave bad shdfls corporation

Use a distro that doesn't cost money.

just pirate it user

As a private customer its retarded
As a corporation that needs someone to blame its gold

Take my money m'lady

>buying linux
user I...

GNU/Linux*

no need to pay for it when you can get CentOS

>From the best logo to the worst
I wonder if gentoo and debian will get "flated" in the future as well.

assuming that most major distros follow redhat blindly like mass systemd adoptions
yeah

/thread.
It only makes sense for businesses since you want to focus on growing the business not maintain an OS.
It makes sense to pay white people at RedHat to do this, or you'd have to hire pajeets.

>OP actually thinks any person pays for linux.
Lmao.

>buying Indian tech support for free and open source software

Attached: brainlet black hole.jpg (700x700, 209K)

you're confusing it with microsoft

>Microsoft is FOSS
Try harder, Pajeet.

Attached: Mozila_Kannada_Locale_team_at_Indic_FirefoxOS_L10n_Sprint_2014_at_Redhat,_Pune_02.jpg (1500x994, 1.06M)

I hate Debian following red hat crap all around. I wish Devuan would become a bigger project.

>mozilla
go back to microsoft, jamal

redhat is the leader who sets standard among linux distros
fighting against it is meme-tier

>As a corporation that needs someone to blame its gold
this is the reason most corporations pay for support. They just want it to be not their fault if something goes wrong. Or they have compliance requirements. Some PCI auditor demands to know if you're using secure software and you can hold up your contract and say "yes, these guys are supporting it for us"

Debian (and other distros) didn't so much follow blindly as follow with their eyes open. Systemd was designed from the start to appeal to distro maintainers by being less work for them, compared to SysV.

this, what a bunch of retards Jow Forums is.
like red hat is pointing a gun on developers and distro maintainers to use systemd or gnome.
it's just the better maintained piece of software.
just fucking use gentoo if you care so much, I'm using it and is not that hard, I don't use systemd because in gentoo both are as easy to use, but this is not the same in other distributions where the targets are also servers which need socket activation of services and the like.
It's just technical reasons why systemd is better and has gained the init bowl

i only got czechs and germans for my tickets, never pajeets... what did i do wrong?

I blame sites like The Register desu.