install gnome-tweaks
disable animations
and just add a couple extensions
>Dash to panel
>Launch new instance
>No topleft hot corner
and you're good to go

it provides a polished and intuitive user experience with least effort

Attached: skitched-20120424-122922.jpg (619x442, 46K)

>the most sane DE needs multiple configurations to be able to work without being a torture to use it
The absolute state of footfags and loonix

works out of the box, dash to panel is cringe
the overview is a great thing to have when you actually are doing work and have a lot of windows but you need to put it alone in a workspace to concentrate.
Neets don't know what this is, they just have one window for anime a browser, and one terminal with neofetch

>install gnome-tweaks
Sane DEs ship settings by default
>disable animations
Personal preference (either way is fine)
>and just add a couple extensions
Sane DEs don't need a community to make them usable

>it provides a polished and intuitive user experience with least effort
>least effort
While almost every other DE comes sanely preconfigured out of the box, you just stated that GNOME has to be fixed before it is usable

>sane DEs ship settings by default
spotted the DE toddler, you never used a window manager
GNOME is the only desktop that appeals to powerusers who need to get shit done in terminals and read lots of text

XFCE is most sane DE. It just works.

>every other DE comes sanely preconfigured
not really
I tried KDE, XFCE the other day and they took more configuring
KDE provides everything you need to configure the DE but there's just too many options and it felt even more of a mess than windows 10 settings & control panel
XFCE tears and is ugly out of the box
applying gtk themes helped, but still, the UI doesn't feel very modern

>spotted the DE toddler, you never used a window manager
You quoted me as saying DE, not WM. You should probably avoid quotes if you are going to move the goal post
>GNOME is the only desktop that appeals to powerusers who need to get shit done in terminals and read lots of text
I've never had a problem using the terminal or reading text in any DE. I would argue that both activities are easier in KDE, Xfce, etc. because they are not limited by the one open window at a time mentality of GNOME.

this, and don't forget the keybinds, xfce and kde has dogshit workspace keybinds, I think kde doesn't even have one by default, you have to click your way through
spotted the DE toddler

>one open window at a time mentality of GNOME

I have no limitations or difficulty in stacking and tiling windows in GNOME

also GNOME has far better default keybinds & is easier to configure them

>one open window at a time mentality of GNOME.
(Citation needed)

So ides and text editors that use add-ons are retarded, too? Gnome extensions are a great idea to cut down on bloat in the core of the DE. My only real complaint is that the really popular ones don't get adopted as features.

So true, GNOME is the best DE, the standard Linux DE.

this but unironically

GNOME doesn't even have a taskbar. You are the one using it, I'd assume you knew that

>literally a fucking GUI clicky list stops you from using your desktop
wintoddlers everyone:
it has something better called overview and going to existing windows by typing part of the name by pressing enter

Honestly, wtf good is a taskbar, when you have an overview of all open applications and workspaces? It's a waste of space and it requires the use of a mouse.

add extensions
>Dash to panel
>Dash to dock

Every other fucking DE has essential features, like taskbar OOTB. KDE, LXDE, LXQT, XFCE, MATE, all of them.

GNOME devs wanted all focus on one windows at a time. That was their stated reason for getting rid of the taskbar. The fact that you do not know the history of your preferred DE has nothing to do with me. You seem to be projecting user

>GNOME devs wanted all focus on one windows at a time.
(citation needed)
you just parrot reddit memes because you like to suck in windows 95 cock so much, window managers don't have docks or panels and are perfectly fucking usable.
I have at most 4 or 5 windows in one workspace so it is easy to switch between them, this is true for any tiling window manager user. the desktop metaphor is retarded. Having a fuck ton of windows in the same screen is unusable. And you shouldn't have all windows maximized anyways, you can like click to focus another window that has a piece floating around. What the fuck.
Using a taskbar is ok if you have gone senile and are over 60 years, is not efficient.
I'm using dwm right now, but gnome is superior for when I need to do a lot of work because it's so easy to not get lost in the bunch of windows I work on

The citation is the GNOME devs. Again, the fact that you weren't there when GNOME3 was implemented doesn't mean no one else was. GNOME devs said that was their rationale. If you want to hear it from them personally, then you are going to have to ask them. At least that is what I did.

>That was their stated reason for getting rid of the taskbar.
I think you're confusing this with the icon tray piece of shit that early versions of Gnome had. That stupid thing was always in the way and I was glad they got rid of it.

>GNOME devs wanted all focus on one windows at a time
>Hey could I please read this pdf while I'm taking some notes in this other window
>No, go fuck yourself. We don't do that here

Ho ho ho ha ha, ho ho ho he ha. 'Ello, my old chum. I’m gnot an gnelf. I’m gnot a goblin. I’m a gnome. And you’ve been, GNOMED!!!

Attached: 9224j7taohb21.png (638x1346, 526K)

lxqt
xfce
budgie
are far more sane and stable OOTB. even unity and kde are. gnome3 is a fucking dumpster fire.