Hey guys

Hey guys,
so I just upgraded my GPU from 1060 3GB to 1070 8GB. However, I seem to be getting roughly the same performance; I used 2 games as reference; Assassin's Creed Syndicate and Far Cry 5. I was kind of hoping to get at least 15-20 extra fps.

The specs of my pc are i5 7400 3.0ghz and 8 gb ram. Bottleneck?

Attached: 81heCNNJFnL._SX355_.jpg (355x245, 19K)

Your swiss cheese incel cpu.
Buy a cheap AM4 mobo and a ryzen 3600.

>ubisoft shovelware
>optimized
loving every laugh

Far cry 5 is badly optimized same with asscreed.

CPU Bottleneck

>Locked i5
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

AMD shills are trying to dab on you, but your CPU isn't bad enough to bottleneck this unless you're playing on stupid low resolutions. You should always get better performance with that 1070. What resolution are you playing at, and what FPS were you getting before and now?

I understand that these games don't have the greatest optimization and my cpu is bottlenecking my card's performance, but does this mean that the GPU upgrade was entirely pointless? Will EVERY game have the same performance as my previous card?

I bought 1080 a long time ago for over a grand and I hardly use it for gaming because the games are not fun as browsing Jow Forums reading threads like this about this upgraded from a 1060 to a 1070..I need a 2080 and 4k atleast to see anything new with gaming. Both of those games are average to say the least..I need more for some reason..I think the bottleneck is people making gore threads.

1080p on all

Ass Creed one wavers between 50-75 (on High) with the new card, same as before.

Far Cry 5's benchmark averages 80ish fps, but there are some significant drops to low 50s during actual gameplay. (on Ultra)

>I5 7400
># of Cores4
># of Threads4

No hyper threading on your cpu is probably the issue user. They're new AAA games. They do utilize HT which has been a technology for quite a while.

Test out some other titles. I bet it is just these newer ones that are gonna be an issue with the cpu.

I'd recommend trying apex legends.

both those engines, anvilnext and dunia, are not very kind on the processor, things made worse by the lack of optimization of course but it's not unusual for them to perform like garbage on older cpus

a better cpu would have been a better upgrade if you wanted to play those games

Well forget what I said, it's possible it is a CPU bottleneck when you're going for high framerates, I figured you were just trying to stay at 60.

Depends on the game, some games like HoI4 rely more on the cpu than the gpu

ass creed and far cry are more cpu dependant. 4 cores/4 threads won't cut it for those.

>i5 7400 3.0ghz

even my 8 years old i7 2600k @ 4.6ghz is faster than your shit

>i5
you know your answer

cool dude

can you recommend a reasonably priced processor for this card?

>not checking your bottleneck before upgrading a component
Retard.

Yes, 4 cores 4 threads as mentioned is horrible
t. 4c/4t with a 1080ti

i barely understood what bottleneck was prior to getting the card.

Ubisoft games run like shit so the extra gpu power won't help you there

How are you to stupid to check gpu load? If it's at close to 100% your cpu is fast enough. If not then not.

What are you doing on this board without even basic computer knowledge?

This is Jow Forums aka 4channel normie tech support. That's why we have a Stupid Question General daily.

to be honest, i barely understand computers, i just like playing games every once in a while. i was hoping a new gpu would result in overall higher fps. apparently not the case.

How about you do your own research? I don't know where you live, what's your budget, what programs you're going run, and so forth and I don't care to know.

All I can tell you is look for a CPU with 8 threads or more at the minimum. PS4 and Xbox One are 2013 technology but still have more threads than your system. Going forward all console ports and games will utilize more threads than 4.

Did you miss Ryzen's new CPUs coming out or something?

first reply

You would see higher FPS in less CPU intensive games but not in those Ubisoft trash games. Like seriously every one their games in the past 5 years has run like doo doo.

Do a clean install of drivers.

Also search for a cheap i7 6700k on ebay.

Yes, Buy an AMD CPU with worse single thread performance, That will do the trick.

It's definitely a cpu bottleneck with it only being 4 threads. Don't listen to the amd shills if you want to have top notch FPS in games. 8600K 8700K or a 9700K would yield far more performance.

Attached: 1556295578434.png (898x882, 108K)

Your cpu has too few cores for these ubisoft games
Also it's very low clocked, you need a cpu with more threads and higher clocks
The 7500 i5 for example can't run bf 1 mp for because it's maxed out and stutters
Wait for ryzen 3000,if they don't clock much higher than in the presentation than get a 8700k instead

>being this much of a faggot intlel shill

The cpu is partly to blame, the ram is mostly to blame.

I look at raw framerate and do research before building a gaming computer, And take what Jow Forums says with a very fine grain of salt. It's a fact of life that he would get way better fps going the intel route with an 8700K or 9700K. You can't even compare amd and intel in gaming performance atm and zen 2 isn't looking any better. When a stock 4790k beat's an insanely overclocked 2700, Something is wrong.

Attached: f1.png (981x855, 126K)

But... but the AMD shills told me that Ryzen is "only 3 fps worse at 1080p" and identical at 1440p since "CPU doesn't matter at 1440p". They couldn't be just pulling these claims out of their ass, could they?

Attached: Ryzen 1440p Bottleneck.png (2560x1440, 3.34M)

80% of the cpus on that chart are intel, not balanced in any way. Also, OP was told to use a 3XXX series cpu which your garbage graph doesnt even include.

So i guess AMD's flagship at the moment doesn't matter....OC'ed on top of that.

>3fps difference
No one says thats. Its YOU who has pulled something out of his ass.

Someone made a recommendation to use a 3 Series CPU and you immediately replied with specs from a 2 Series CPU and for some reason see no issue with that... Are you retarded?
>flagship
Zen 2 is 5 weeks away you retarded intel shill. Im not even an AMDrone but god damn you are stupid.

@3.8ghz

Nice "benchmark" there, while you can bet the incels were benched at oc

>5 weeks

I can't wait for it to come out and have you guys figure out that the memory speed they tested both intel and amd were totally different. They fooled you with all of these benchmarks.

That's their base clocks, They're still turboing to their max without an OC

Keep pretending that AMDrones never say that if it helps you sleep better at night.

Why you mad tho?

Attached: 1551867439199.png (396x408, 165K)

babby needa poopoo peepee?

1) are you a retard and have had your monitor plugged into your igpu this entire time
2) are you a retard and didn't clean the drivers
3) what resolution and settings
4) ass creed runs like buttcheeks on anything/everything.
your cpu and memory aren't bottlenecks in almost any case.

>i barely understood what bottleneck was prior to getting the card.

The absolute state of Jow Forums.

Not everyone is a fat fuck like you.

I'm far from fat but do cry more, retard. Why are you even here? Just buy a prebuilt from Walshart and be done with it.

Has to be CPU. Use to have a 1070 on my ryzen 1700 rig. You should be over 100 on ultra/high 1080p. Even my little Bros comp does 100 with a 1060 6gb.