Imagine trying to do actual work on a Macbook

Imagine trying to do actual work on a Macbook.

Attached: csp.png (1187x341, 233K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RWLlZ5yJ3Y4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>relatively shit screens

huh? most laptops are still 1366x768 garbage compared to macs

but agreed on the shit throttling cpu and keyboard

>half asses a macOS port
>runs like shit
>wtf apple make better computers

He's avoiding the obvious reality; that his port is trash, and he is to blame.

>most $800 laptops are still 1366x768 garbage compared to $5000 macs
I don't see what's wrong with 1366x768.
the $1k fagbook air is at 1440x900.
you'd expect that a piece of shit that costs 1k will have at least full HD, or 1920x1200 in terms of 16:10 ratio, but NO.

I made the same mistake of buying a fucking Mac mini to port my stuff to Mac, and the entire system is lagging.

I paid twice as much as a much more powerful Ryzen computer I assembled myself.

Mac is for retards who like to overpay for stuff.

MACTODDLERS BTFO

Attached: 1548844098573.gif (500x281, 1.6M)

>someone points out $2000 macbooks are fucking shit
>mactoddler's first reaction is to compare it to $300 walmart laptops
Every time.
This is why people shit on mactard morons.
You subhumans are dumber than fucking niggers.

>2017

Developer does a bad job at porting software to a platform and then blames the platform. lol

that's a big girl.

3rding them.

4u

Based

>the number of pixels per side directly impacts how much 'work' you can do
graphic design retard detected

Odd how Photoshop, Premiere, Logic Pro X, Pro Tools, Lightroom etc etc runs fine on MacOS.
I'd rather say it's **** code - or **** port, and he blames it on MacOS.

this

inb4 mactoddler
t. posted this using linux on a chinkpad

Why do faggots seethe so hard about Apple?

To be fair Krita is clunky slow shit on Linux too.

Are you sure you're holding it right? Works great for me.

Works fine here too

Maybe he means heavy loads, not just editing memes. I confirm that Linux performance is dogshit.

Okay. I just installed and drew a little bit, not nearly as sluggish as on macos.

Why are you lying

Attached: cuteanimegirl.png (394x329, 15K)

And yet, fagOS is just a shitty knock off of KDE and Mach.

He isn't lying.

If you used 2 brain cells, you will find out that the post is made in 2017 which means he is referencing Macbook Air from 2017.

Fuck out of here stupid dumb fuck.

Attached: brainletwantstobesmart.png (817x443, 34K)

>kernel based on Mach
>it's a shitty knockoff of Mach
You're not too bright, are you?

>>Krita is a free and open-source raster graphics editor written in Qt

>>Qt

I think I found his problem.

Safari is based on WebKit
WebKit is a knockoff of KDE's KHTML engine

>forks are knockoffs
no

even if his port is trash there is still the issue of nobody wanting to do it. its like complaining about software not running smooth on some fad hardware, you should be happy you have anything at all.

Agree, macs have decent screens, actually.
Really, the only thing they did right. SSD is a meme, though.

Porting things is a bitch to do properly, but it doesn't change the fact that he probably didn't do a very good job. His pissing and moaning doesn't change the fact that the hardware runs plenty of other graphically intense programs just fine. The obvious conclusion is that he got it to compile without errors and called it a day. If that's all he wants to do; cool, but blaming the platform because you failed to do any optimization is a cheap dodge.

Actually Apple contributed substantialy on the project.

>Colaboration is a knock off.

You are loony liberal material in the way you talk. You are so extremly ideological. It's really annoying.

>only thing they did right
You forgot the trackpad. None over, none beside it.

if the shoe fits, its ok to blame the platform.

I do linux ports as a courtesy. If anyone wants to call into question my competency or work ethic I would remove the linux builds. There is a very real limit to what you can accomplish without devoting yourself to a platform.

OP exluded the first post. He's cherry picking to create flame wars. Typical CIA.

>I can prove the performance of krita is bad in macos, because i ran a windows 8 vm in parallels whilst in mac os and krita runs smooth in the virtual machine on top of macos on a measly 1st gen core i3 cpu and 4gb ram lol

>Things that don't use macOS's garbage openGL implementation run fine therefore it must be fine

Attached: brainletpit.png (1416x1600, 606K)

Loonix user:
> buys a 10 year old chinkpad
>look at muh minimalism. Hardware doesn't matter if you have good software.
Also Loonix user:
> lul macbooks have underperforming hardware

>>loonix fw Apple literally is the only computer vendor that still cares about software optimization.

Attached: kocCUDA.png (522x747, 116K)

>implying he knows that these don't use OpenGL.
>implying all other programs and games that use OpenGL have this problem

we buy 10 year old chinkpads because they perform just as well (if not better than) the macbooks they're complaining about on linux vs their macOS
oh, and we spend $170, they spend $1700.
it's okay, you're free to be mad, i won't stop you

also remember this was in 2017
opengl got deprecated 2018 because Apple is going for Metal 2

The 10 year old thinkpads cost $50 or something with macs you're paying $2,000 for underpowered hardware.
>opengl got deprecated 2018
is pointing that out supposed to help your argument that macOS isn't shit?

I have a mac and a chinkpad. I would't say my old chinkpad beats mac. I like them both though.

If you knew anything you'd know opengl is shit.
vulkan is the new boy in town. and metal 2 on macos.

You got it backwards. I suggest you read about the clusterf that is opengl. No wonder apple is dropping it for metal.

I want to see you edit and transcode 4K footage on your arch-i3 chinkpad. oh wait you don't even have a proper video editor on your meme-tier OS,

Attached: 1492063415410.png (627x722, 89K)

Linux has kdenlive so you could edit bloated 4k garbage if you wanted to for some reason.

>>implying you could edit 4k on a 10yr old chinkpad.
get real

Yeah, Apple might have had an old OpenGL ported to MacOS. If that's the case.. but this guy starts spouting on about other stuff.

I still remember Apple didn't provide a lot of context to their patches, only what internal bug ID they fixed, keeping KHTML devs in the dark. KDE devs even offered to sign NDA, but no avail.

youtube.com/watch?v=RWLlZ5yJ3Y4
OpenGL is bloated full of cruft. So Apple dropped it for in-house Metal

Imagine using amateur software on a professional computer.
Bad engineers blame their tools. Worse engineers blame the user. Instead of whining he should say "Right on it!" or just apologise and ignore it.

>bloated 4K garbage
Sour grapes poorfag

That's a Windows driver issue. Linux has had better trackpad support than Windows on most hardware for a while now.

Forget about it, scrolling in Linux is still choppy, like you're jumping through discrete points, not continuously. MacBook trackpads are large, have no click depth and you can click anywhere.

>imagine believeing applel's lies
somehow linux manages to shit on crapplel by mere opensource mesa alone

AZDO ogl is pretty comfy.
Vk is terrible API and it will turn into ogl faster than ogl did (it used to be low-level API in the 90s, and it was much better at that than vk is now).
Never let committee of shitters design another fucking API.

>SSD is a meme

In what sense

B

Satania? Where art thou?

Since we're talking about porting software to OSX, how can one do that without having to buy an Apple device? I found OSX isos on the net but it says you need to patch it/have an apple account. I don't want to apply a patch since I'm probably going to need to put my SSH keys in that VM and creating an apple account requires physical access to a machine from what I understand.

Krita devs constantly bitch about MacOS. It's their favorite hobby, they like putting down mac users more than writing their application. Krita is nice but it's also very buggy across all three operating systems

Macs haven't been professional computers for years.

Proprietary in older laptops, or soldered.
Sure, they are fast, but cpu Is bottle neck here, since it throttles.
Today many laptops have decent touch pads, but drivers are shit. In Linux you can make it behave like Mac one no shit.

lmao. he never specified he was using a macbook air, and he mentioned fast nvme ssds so chances are he is using, at a minimum, a 2016 pro, which has a 2304-by-1440 res.

keep crying though.

>AZDO opengl is pretty comfy
no it's not and you're also retarded. i'm sure that voodoo magic you need to know not to call glBindVertexArray and glGetError in wrong places on 5 different drivers make your code run like dogshit. you literally never programmed VK and have no idea what you're talking about, kys
>Vk is terrible API and it will turn into ogl faster than ogl did (it used to be low-level API in the 90s,
ogl never was "low level api"
>and it was much better at that than vk is now).
ah yes, as can be clearly seen with numerous extensions that vulkan is already full of and despite that fact remains clean and usable, thanks to validation layers, .sType, .pNext and friends, something opengl niggers may only dream of

But in the same breath people shit on macs for being expensive. You can’t have that point if we’re comparing two laptops in the same price range...

So then why did you have to specifically google search 'macbook air 2018'

Shill harder fag
>Buh whai are you lying

Attached: 1553851044209.jpg (701x524, 81K)

I want giant Satania to step on me for using a Mac.

Yeah, they aren't chi mei 1366x768 panels, but that doesn't mean their 60%~ chinkpad tier sRGB coverage it's acceptable

yikes

based

>hurr azdo is "avoid state change"
>hurr drivers are HYUUUGELY inconsistent
nah m8, seems like you've watched too many vk shill talks and haven't touched ogl in quite a while
>you literally never programmed VK
unfortunately i had to, because management fell for the SIGGRAPH marketing and forced us (FUCKING VFX, NOT EVEN GAYMS) to move to vk just to put their logo on the website to show everyone how cool and posh we are
never want to touch that shit ever again, could have done the (effectively) same pipeline with fraction of effort in ogl (though admittedly, we only support half the hw gayms have to)
>ogl never was "low level api"
die, zoomer
ogl mapped to hw in 90s much better than vk does now, despite ogl being "high level" and vk trying to be "low level"
vk is a failure on all accounts, i can't see how anyone would voluntarily use it when you can get almost exactly the same result with azdo, except with half the effort
>as can be clearly seen with numerous extensions
color me surprised that people wanted to avoid one of the worst mistakes of ogl
next time you're going to tell me vk was designed with multithreading in mind (almost suspiciously seems as if multicore CPUs were a thing at the time it was designed, unlike ogl)
i'll gladly list everything that's wrong with ogl, but if you think an api designed in this decade, which had 20 years of mistakes to learn from, should look like vk, your name is very likely Kumar or Raj
>clean and usable
you're the first (and possibly last) one to call vk that
it's worse than the many attempts of microsoft to design a sane gui api (one would think at this point that sanity was never considered)

>ogl mapped to hw in 90s much better than vk does now, despite ogl being "high level" and vk trying to be "low level"
shit bait, look at mesa's radv driver, most of the code is literally just feature presence checking and almost direct passthroughs to the driver
>i'll gladly list everything that's wrong with ogl
sure, go ahead, but i'd more interested in hearing your opinion on what's wrong with vk

based

Based

are there any ero-doujinshi where this smug slut gets raped?

based

cope

based

i love krita now

(□)

yikes

started working yesterday and they gave me a mac. it's a flimsy piece of shit and overheats all the time but i can't deny that it's easy to use and trackpad is the best i've ever seen. i guess i can understand why normalfags like it but i would rather use a thinkpad for actual work.

>using openGL when Metal is available
Kek.

Drivers aren't hardware poojeet

>people
it's not "people" it's just obsessed neurotic people, like you. I don't even like or use Apple yet I don't have the pathological need to constantly talk shit about them.

SEETHING

basted

B

weew
seethe

Its an absolute nightmare.
T. Working on a mac

$1000 is 1/2 of $2000
$800 is 2/5 of $2000
$500 is 1/4 of $2000
$300 is 3/20 of $2000

No reason to compare 3/20 honestly speaking. If we want to go further we may as well compare Macbooks with RPi zero

>only bought to build and sign x-code
Almost bought an Apple yesterday just for this reason, went with the Lenovo Legion y740 because fuck Apple fags.