Attached: lul.png (1920x1080, 1.75M)

Other urls found in this thread:

artoriuz.github.io/mpv_upscaling.html
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/wiki/User-Scripts#user-shaders
gist.github.com/igv/8a77e4eb8276753b54bb94c1c50c317e
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

more customization

better image quality > more customization

You can get just as good quality with mpv depending how you configure it. It can also be subjective though.

artoriuz.github.io/mpv_upscaling.html

github.com/mpv-player/mpv/wiki/User-Scripts#user-shaders

lightweight
no bloat
good documentation

mpv plays videos
simple and minimal, can scale from shitter core 2 duos to high end rigs with heavy shaders
even supports HRTF if compiled with OpenAL

since there's no actual mpv thread, i'll ask here

how do i set up a profile for audio files (mp3/flac/m3u/pls/etc) to disable hw acceleration, but enable it otherwise?

read the documentation, piece of shit or stick with vlc

Because you can't configure it to look just as good as madVR.

I think you'll need a profile for each extension
[extension.mp3]
hwdec=no

[extension.flac]
profile=extension.mp3

[extension.m3u]
profile=extension.mp3

etc

Why isn't there a machine learning media player that auto upscales by vectoring every frame?

Nice retarded post OP.
For a fair comparison you'll need to also run a sharpening shader on the mpv side, try:
gist.github.com/igv/8a77e4eb8276753b54bb94c1c50c317e

But you are so retarded that you probably can't configure it properly.

You don't need to? There is no hardware acceleration for audio files.

NNEDI3 in madvr uses machine learning.

mpv also has NNEDI3
And mpv has FSRCNNX

why do x265 videos freeze for 10 seconds sometimes? gpu is plenty capable

well, i have hwdec=auto set, and when i play flac/m3u/other audio files with an embedded album cover, I get an error and no image displayed (the audio plays fine).
if i turn off hwdec, i get the image displayed as well
error:
vd: Requesting pixfmt 'cuda' from decoder.
ffmpeg/video: mjpeg: decoder->cvdl->cuvidDecodePicture(decoder->decoder, &ctx->pic_params) failed -> CUDA_ERROR_INVALID_IMAGE: device kernel image is invalid
vd: Error while decoding frame!

this works, but is there a way to do
profile-desc=cond:code=mjpeg
or something like that to make it just a one-profile thing?

Am I imagining things or do x265 videos play a little choppier than x264? It's not the kind of lag you see clearly, but it kind of feels like it's running in 23 instead of 24 FPS; x264 feels smoother. If I look at the stats it's not falling behind in the decoder queue or anything, so I'm not sure what's up.

Attached: 1316732512794.jpg (526x300, 31K)

Might be your hardware. It plays smooth here.

Right, but if the hardware is too slow shouldn't that be reflected in the playback stats? According to the stats the decoder queue is always filled and rendering takes like 6ms, which should be more than enough.

Is it possible that my old CPU introduces a kind of lag that's not detected in the stats? It is a q9550 that's like 10 years old.

The codec is newer than your CPU meaning it doesn't support it. That's why it stutters. Newer CPUs will play it fine.

Because Jow Forums hates GUIs

Sure, if it doesn't support hardware decoding it will do software decoding, which should work fine as long as the cpu is fast enough, which it seems to be according to the playback stats and it only using like 20%.

I'd understand why if it was using 100.

best post-processing and just that
>shit UI
>requires reading a 50-page manual to understand how to customize it

Mac users have IINA which is MPV with an friendly UI so even normies can use MPV (without knowing though)

MadVr + Kodi DSPlayer master race reporting in!

If your memory bandwidth is shit (like using just 1 stick of RAM) it will stutter too.
It happened to me using MPC on windows
>have laptop with up to 4K AVC hardware decoding
>get a 4k60 AVC clip just for testing
>it stutters
>get a second DIMM
>no stutter
>remove DIMM
>stutters again

Disable mjpeg acceleration instead with hwdec-codecs. Set it to something like hwdec-codecs=h264,vc1,hevc,vp9

I've said it before and I'll say it again, until MPV has motion interpolation as good as DmitiriRender, it will never replace my current media player. Other features seem pretty good though.

SVP works with mpv if you like that cancer.

>configured mpc+madvr vs default mpv
>hurr better image quality

bait thread, aside of that, yeah you're retard

>configured vs default*

Unfair and still mpv totally owned mpc deprecated software in video quality matters, you dumb shill.

Erwin is an overrated character. He was mostly a charismatic con-artist, that's all.

does it do 4k HDR switching and tone mapping? If not it isn't better

lol moron why would i use a vr? isnt that for virtual reality headsets u beaner

it's not. it's only shilled here by linux poorfags, if i could run mpc-hc on linux i would