3900X overclocked to 6Ghz on LN2

It's over.

youtube.com/watch?v=2silTC2kQ4s

Attached: 1549934410070.png (228x221, 11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wccftech.com/intel-core-i7-7700k-7-ghz-7350k-5-ghz/
hwbot.org/hardware/processor/core_i9_7980xe/
youtube.com/watch?v=EQeoyo9SLTo
techspot.com/review/1465-amd-ryzen-threadripper-1950x-1920x/page8.html
guru3d.com/articles_pages/amd_ryzen_threadripper_1920x_review,10.html
kitguru.net/components/cpu/luke-hill/amd-ryzen-threadripper-1950x-16c32t-1920x-12c24t-cpu-review/4/
amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Electronics-Computer-CPU-Processors/zgbs/electronics/229189
amazon.ca/Best-Sellers-Electronics-CPU-Processors/zgbs/electronics/1233052011
amazon.co.uk/Best-Sellers-Computers-Accessories-Processors/zgbs/computers/430515031
amazon.com.au/gp/bestsellers/computers/4913338051
amazon.de/gp/bestsellers/computers/430177031
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

DAMN

Based Ryzen gets 3x more FPS lol shitel BTFO

Attached: 1558896526432.png (632x535, 13K)

Some i9 got overclocked at 7,613 Ghz.

lmao saved

>He uses IGP
Shiggy Diggy unless laptop

I wonder what damage control Intel Corporation is going to come up next to justify this.
Intel Corporation is dead, by the way.

I'm buying this cpu as soon as it comes out, but this doesnt really mean anything, just like intel's 5GHz 28 core 2000W trainwreck didn't mean anything. Vishera went over 8GHz

It does give us an upper limit and confirms there's no reason besides heat you can't at least get above 5ghz.

I''m still spectical on the out come opf intel because they have the money to take this blow for a few years
infact intel has been sitting on its r&D for a while
I'm going to give 2~5 years untill intel comes back.
this happened with the athlon chips from 2004 and it will likely happen a second time.

but with the 10nm woes for the time being amd will take that crown if projections are true
But too be real I think we should wait for benchmarks senpai

why are you comparing iGPUs if you're trying to showcase CPU performance?

That's obviously not CPU bound in this case.

Dont be retarded, CPUs start performing completely different once you get them to kryogenic temps
wccftech.com/intel-core-i7-7700k-7-ghz-7350k-5-ghz/
I guess there's no reason other than temperature Kabylake shouldn't get at least above 6GHz?
You're getting caught up in AMD pre-release hype. Same shit happened with first gen ryzen. Everyone and their dog was saying 4.4GHz+ overclocks on first gen ryzen minimum and now we know 4.1GHz was miracle tier.

6ghz on ln2 is actually pretty pathetic. Intel's CPUs hit over 7 and even bulldozer hit over 8. Doesn't bode well for air overclocking desu

>Dont be retarded
>kryogenic

More like, it doesn't mean anything, it's LN2. Electricity starts acting different when you get things that cold.
Besides with Ryzen so far the best indicator for OC maximum has been the rated boost clocks.
I'd certainly like to be wrong about that but it's not like we have any reason to think otherwise.
The leakers are all liars and AMD isn't going to correct any positive rumors. Remember when Vgea 64 was supposed to be 1080ti tier?

Yeah that's my bad. I've been seeing Kryonaut so much I've forgotten to spell it the right way

based and intelpilled

Attached: .png (682x1099, 650K)

I think it's fair to assume that like with Zen 1/+ AMD is pushing it to the limits of the process and hitting the safe voltage wall. XFR is already pretty advanced, they're not going to leave performance on the table for high-end desktop. Everyone's scrolling through chinkshit forums and shit trying to get some hope for higher clocks but I doubt it

Attached: .png (890x1049, 135K)

The top water cooled OC for the 7980xe is a mere 4.5GHz

hwbot.org/hardware/processor/core_i9_7980xe/

And to be clear that's not your babby tier h150is and your noctua d15s. It was probably delidded even though it's not necessary and running on a 480mm rad with a d5 or something pushing 1500l/hr with some pimped out max flow top. 4.5 or 4.6ghz is probably what we can expect for top clockers from the 3800x and 3900x. Maybe AMD is hiding some secret bins that can eke out another 100mhz but I have a feeling they already hit the ceiling for boost

>Remember when Vgea 64 was supposed to be 1080ti tier?

no if i remeber correctly it was 1080 profromance
rthe limiting factors where clock speed , heat and Vram

You would have to be a brainlet if you even mildly think a 8GB card can beat a 11GB card.
Readoen 7 proved the point being made (enegy draw)

that said the highest teir 2080 ti new 2019 edition hall of fame has 3 8 pin power rails
and yet none of the nvidia fan boys say a think about it?
that 30%+ power is a nothing burger for them now?

the double standards are pretty funny if you ask me.

Now getting back to ryzen
its pretty tight lipped right now about the up coming 3000 series parts, even more so for ultra buget end not even a word or a sound of these cpus all because of the leak 12nm die they are staying on.

still not enough infomation and the leaks are nothing ground breaking other than PCI-E 4.0

>no if i remeber correctly it was 1080 profromance
>rthe limiting factors where clock speed , heat and Vram
AMDfags were saying it would shit all over the 1080TI at half the price, making up bullshit to get people to Wait(tm).

>that said the highest teir 2080 ti new 2019 edition hall of fame has 3 8 pin power rails
>and yet none of the nvidia fan boys say a think about it?
>that 30%+ power is a nothing burger for them now?
Because high-end 2080TIs are offering 40-50% more performance than the 2080 depending on the game. The VII is slower than 2080 too.

youtube.com/watch?v=EQeoyo9SLTo

A custom cooler 2080TI undervolted to a mere ~170W running as well as the FE 2080TI. Makes VII undervolting look like a bad joke

It's not really a double standard.
the 2080ti consumes the most power + it's the fastest
Vega64 consumed the most power and wasn't the fastest.

4.6 GHz is low, the 3900x already boosts to 4.8 so I'm guessing that's the max all core with maybe 4.9 or 5 GHz being possible on a single core but not on air and with stupidly high voltage, 5 GHz all core isn't happening though short of Zen 2+ miraculously improving overclocking

what the fuck are you talking about? it clearly shows AMD vs INTEL and intel LOST!!! hahahaha

>3900x already boosts to 4.8
yeah i'm gonna need a source on that

>a mere 4.5GHz for an 18core cpu

Attached: 1512318871161.png (205x246, 7K)

1800X LN2s to 5.6Ghz is this supposed to be impressive?

Later created first gen tr4 could probably hit 4.4 ghz at 1.425 as my 1920x can boot into Windows 4.3 at 1.35

I doubt that but maybe they were throwing 12nm dies in there toward the end or something

You're as dumb as the other person in the co2 thread trying to tell grown adults what CFCs are

For doubting you or for the 12nm die thing?

Yes.

Attached: hrgtydhfbn.jpg (476x653, 83K)

Hobbyist over clocking has got to be the stupidest most pointless thing ever.

>poor da nitrogen on da chip and raise da numbers

lol amd shills in full force lately with their meme cpu

To be fair, LN2 performance isn't really all that relevant.
I'm more interested to see how well the majority of chips will be able to overclock.
Would be nice if the bulk of the 12 core CPU's would be able to run at 5Ghz consistently.

Attached: remi_stretching.png (702x660, 169K)

Even if the majority of chips could get 4 cores to 5GHz, that's be more than nice, that'd be a game changing super time.
If you are actually expecting any overclocking above boosts you're probably being too optimistic

This is comparing iGPUs, this is absolutely worthless you silly sissy.

It's just amdizzle said not to go over 1.35 for long term tr4 like 1.425 on am4. I'm happy running 4.2 ghz at 1.3375 for now.

What score does it get in cinebench r15

Remi is such a healthy girl

These 2 processors tell me all i need to know of what to expect from overclocking.
40W gets 100MHz on the boost and a bit more on the base, so it's just like Zen1/+.
The 1700 to 1700X and 2700 to 2700X actually had a bit more difference in the base clocks so there's actually less gained from the higher power limit this time around.
I don't think that means they'll overclock worse though, just 7nm's max efficiency spot is a bit higher

Attached: ;e8gtgfg).png (640x335, 36K)

grug put fire-rock in glacier to make cave painting go faster

Is this pasta

TDP for AMD is based on sustained all core boost, so higher TDP parts will have a substantially higher all core boost even if the single core boosts are similar. For example, the 65w TDP ryzen 2700 will do just over 3.4ghz all core boost, but a 105w TDP 2700x will do over 4ghz all core boost even though its single core boost is only 200mhz higher.

That being said, it is very unlikely AMD have left anything on the table for overclocking, their XFR tech is very good at what it does. The only hope for higher overclocks than the listed boosts is a single unverified chinese source

She looks like she'd be good fuck, look at that tight body, damn.

Attached: unknown.png (370x378, 38K)

Might wanna try running that a few more times because that's not very good for the multicore score.
The math says you should be getting about 2762 if 4GHz gets 2631
Single core seems about right

Attached: ezgif-1-77b8657d02cc.jpg (711x457, 46K)

I think multi core is affected by having other processes running (where ur pic related would be a fresh install).

That's also like the lowest result i found on review sites
techspot.com/review/1465-amd-ryzen-threadripper-1950x-1920x/page8.html
guru3d.com/articles_pages/amd_ryzen_threadripper_1920x_review,10.html
kitguru.net/components/cpu/luke-hill/amd-ryzen-threadripper-1950x-16c32t-1920x-12c24t-cpu-review/4/
More likely your 4.2 isn't stable, but you can believe what you want

4.7 is probably as high as all-core goes, some XFR bullshit magic might push one core to 4.8. AMD is binning very closely to the limit with their chiplets.

Not impressed. Bulldozer does 8.5ghz.

4.7 would be excellent even if only some chips make it to that.
Worst, and imo most likely case is we get a "highest XFR boost clock is almost unattainable for an all core outside 0.1% of chips" situation like every Ryzen processor has been up to now.

Mein nigga I booted in safe mode and there we go

Attached: safe_mode.png (296x459, 23K)

Yeah that proves it.
Good job, you've got some kind of unicorn chip. Even silicon lottery couldn't get a zen 1 above 4.1GHz and those were just 8 cores

Well that doesn't prove it's stable. Cine bench is notoriously easy to run on barely functional overclocks

Cope

Yeah but I haven't seen anyone running a 1920X close to that speed.
Also I don't care that much.

I think this was a later production tr4 chip (apparently later produced chips had an improved process, heck my 1600x mid 2017 backup took 1.425v to hit 4ghz). But yeah, I've lurked forums and it appeared the avg v for 4 ghz was 1.2-1.3 (my chip requires 1.25v llc2 Asrock mobo).

It was stable for small misc handbrake and VR development but I've raised the v higher for now. Its not really worth it to stress test tr4 unless you have a custom 360 + loop as full tower coolers can't even keep 1.25 within spec: 1.25v 68c ( at least in my case: dual chamber).

My 1600 would soft crash the Aida stress test if fpu was stressed in under 10 mins when it seems stable everywhere else. I also just left it because I didn't care about fpu but it started crashing in cinebench r20 so I had to up the voltage.
I guess r20 uses fpu? Would explain why 7700Ks are faster than my 1600

Lmao haven't seen anyone use ISHYGDDT in years

>rendering is floating point?
You're dumb and you're the reason I hate dumb people.
Go be dumb somewhere else instead of being dumb here.

Yeah I meant AVX I suppose.
And nah, I'm gonna continue being dumb here. What are you gonna do about it?

continue to insinuate the depths of your niggerdom
as is tradition

Attached: 1442991428547.gif (255x209, 691K)

>full fletched APU
vs
>tiny little iGPoooo from intlel
come one now. there are better examples

>fletched
?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 54K)

>AMDfags were saying it would shit all over the 1080TI at half the price, making up bullshit to get people to Wait(tm).
no matter your position on hardware, but if you take rumours on Jow Forums seriously, you're the retard.

Cope

I wish more people included cute anime girls with their posts. It's very nice.

Attached: 1554447031070.jpg (552x477, 18K)

Its stable or it's not. There's no such thing as "stable for x". Stability test is to discover whether it's stable or not, not to find out for what tasks it is stable

Fake

I always try to include a picture with my posts and it's usually an anime girl.
It's an image board after all, it's what moot would have wanted.

Attached: 1557060671204.png (315x439, 171K)

based

I like you

Attached: smug mya nee.jpg (437x471, 56K)

Attached: images(5).jpg (386x514, 30K)

..when comparing their iGPU gaming performance, which has NOTHING to do with the CPU power.

it clearly shows AMD vs INTEL and intel LOST!!! hahahaha

>this is the average AMD shill
no wonder intel still sells fairly well despite AMDs clear performance advantage currently. You cunts are insufferable, i'd buy intel just to piss you off.

Attached: 1481935316973.jpg (520x442, 65K)

Nobody cares what you buy fucking pozzed faggot, kill yourself.

>I let Jamal fuck my wife just to spite these nationalists!

>pozzed
You've been trying to push this meme for months and no one but yourself and your fellow shills bother to use it.

I would if it meant pissing you dumb cunts off.

Isn't that exactly what trump voters have done?

They'll let trump do whatever he wants, as long as it pisses off the liberals.

Fuck farmers, fuck the economy, fuck civil rights, as long as the liberals are annoyed, whatever he does is fine.

Same logic here.

>I would if it meant pissing you dumb cunts off.
based ALPHA cuck

correct they let cheeto man organge hands be bad bad man!!! dumb cunts

Attached: 1553145143568.jpg (933x728, 39K)

I'll let intel cheeto be bad bad man too

Fuck AMD shills

keep this garbage on Jow Forums, thanks

This
I will switch from my 2600x, rx580 to intel nvidia just for the sake of not being associated with these subhumans

That's intards for ya.

Attached: 1537419972674.png (1037x311, 340K)

But is there a stability test which doesn't pin the cpu at 100% for an extended amount of time, not to be snarky just curious. That being said, I roll back to stock for any serious workload

Retarded shitel monkey lives in his own reality

amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Electronics-Computer-CPU-Processors/zgbs/electronics/229189

amazon.ca/Best-Sellers-Electronics-CPU-Processors/zgbs/electronics/1233052011

amazon.co.uk/Best-Sellers-Computers-Accessories-Processors/zgbs/computers/430515031

amazon.com.au/gp/bestsellers/computers/4913338051

amazon.de/gp/bestsellers/computers/430177031

I agree, you do live in your own reality, and we're not gonna have the same 30 post argument about your shitty amazon lists which show no hard numbers and a single german retailer again.

Cinebench and typical benchmark shit arent stability tests but people try to use them as such. Personally I use y-cruncher stress mode for stress/stability testing OCs. Varied workload that are all hard hitting that runs consecutively in a loop and it's free

Retarded shitel monkey has problems accepting reality because of his own feefees.

Attached: 1559398644956.png (1800x850, 242K)

>amazon doesn't matter
>mindfactory doesn't matter
Bravo Intel macacos.

More like retarded AMD shill literally sits here every single day posting the SAME "sources" as if he's getting paid to do it. Too bad I know better, you're just a retard consumerist whore that has to shill his own CPU brand just to feel some sense of superiority since your life outside of Jow Forums is abysmal.

Fucking brand loyalty, amirite?

Attached: 1489160516428.png (800x612, 245K)

amazon doesn't tell you shit, it's a fucking popularity list with no hard data, of course that doesn't matter when talking about FACTS and hard data points.

Mindfactory DOES matter, but not when we're talking about world-wide sales, mindfactory is a single enthusiast retailer, it's not like that's an accurate representation of NORMAL purchasers.

>just to feel some sense of superiority since your life outside of Jow Forums is abysmal

>tech doesn't matter!

Honestly mate, I own both intel and AMD, but your blatant shilling over the past 4-5 months have been more than enough to convince me to never buy AMD again, even if they trounce intel for the next decade.

Both Applefags and Intelfags should be rangebanned, they're pretty much the same thing.

Attached: 1558816973358.jpg (960x717, 187K)