Can't stand my wraith prism cooler's noise level anymore is an AIO better ?

can't stand my wraith prism cooler's noise level anymore is an AIO better ?

Attached: 6306564_sd.jpg (4696x2025, 545K)

I don't know how noisy the pump will be but considering you can put your own fans on, it has the potential to be better in that department.

dude is that a pride cpu cooler?
that's epic

Attached: xd.jpg (1024x767, 121K)

Custom loop in an airconditioned room.

Pump - CPU - 360mm rad - gpu - 360mm rad - reservoir

So much radiators the fans usually never ramp past 300-400 and stays 35-38c

Only reason to get an AIO is to not use a giant air cooler that blocks the whole mobo. You're going to hear pump nise and fan noise anyway.

However, if you do go full custom water cooling for the system, that's a good way to keep noise down and keep the thing cooled well.

These modern CPUs can hit 100c on full load without any problems, so temps don't really matter unless you're doing crazy overclocking.

so what's the best no noise solution that's not a custom water loop setup?

Literally just bought that exact cooler, and I've been using AIO's for years

Pump noise is a fucking lie, maybe I'm just deaf but I sure as hell don't hear any.

As for fans, the included ones are almost always kinda noisy but you can put your own fans on so take of that what you will.

A big ass air cooler from Noctua or BeQuiet is fine, you can run at low RPMs and it'll be quiet (no pun intended).

But watch out for RAM clearance.

I don't mind AIOs myself, but I think they're overkill and usually ugly and too pricey especially if you don't have a high end power hungry CPU.

Get a better air cooler. The good ones perform about the same as AIOs, are quieter, and don't go bad in a few years.

yeah AIOs are pretty fucking quite, the occasional bubbling noise that the pump makes is quite nice. Maybe im just autistic.

would an AIO be overkill for a 2700x ? or should I just get a dark rock pro 4 ?

Unless you set the pump to max or otherwise have air in the pump chamber you shouldn't hear it. There have been some air cooling shills making up shit recently.

AIOs with Noctua fans are great. The other option is a BeQuiet or Noctua cooler

AIOs perform around the same as a good heavy air cooler. The only real advantages are they look cooler and don't put the strain of their weight on the motherboard. If you want better performance than a good thicc air cooler can provide, do a custom loop. Those actually perform significantly better.

I think so. You can't even OC AMD CPUs anyway.

If you had a 9900k housefire and wanted to OC maybe I would recommended, but not for the AMD.

Dark Rock Pro 4 is nice. You have to remember that almost all AIOs are based on the Asetek patent so they're all the same, the only difference is maybe the look of it and small features here and there.

If you do really want an AIO, 360mm is overkill for your CPU. 280/240 would be ok.

>9900k
If you want to OC that shit, you're going to need a custom loop or phase change cooling. An AIO or top end air cooler will let you run it at stock.

Nah a 360mm rad will let you OC that thing to an ok level, just not to crazy levels...for that, like you said, you'll need a custom loop.

AIOs especially the bigger ones like the 360s are rated for higher TDPs, compared to big air coolers which are usually 250W TDP...but as always, anything above average consumer level (when you enter enthusiast realm) it's best to do custom loops, which in itself gets pretty pricey and tedious (especially upkeep). But I think custom watercooling in general is worth it, especially if you have high wattage CPUs and hot GPUs and care about noise levels and looks.

Stop spreading false information.

I don't hear pump on the MasterLiquid Lite 240, it gets so quiet I occasionally hear the liquid running and I used to go check the bathroom to see if anything was leaking.

GPU is easily the loudest thing in my system all that talk about noisy case and cooler fans when the 2~3 GPU fans spooling up and down is far more annoying.

*if you want a low-binned 9900K at 5ghz on all cores, it will take a significant custom loop

ftfy, no need to lie. Intel wanted max performance and ABSOLUTE max reliability out of what was probably an engineering sample, and that means near-room temps at load to ensure absolute perfect performance.

Nobody but intel needs that level of precision and only for a showcase/live demo

a 1500w chiller in your loop is not a normal build at any level of consumer circumstance

Scythe Mugen 5 which is a 250W TDP cooler with a single 1200rpm fan was not able to keep a 9900K from thermal throttling @ all core 5Ghz. 8~16% according to AIDA 64 from personal experience. HWmonitor was reporting 200W+ power consumption.

That cooler is not top of the line but you absolutely wouldn't need exotic cooling to hit 5Ghz on a 9900K on all cores.

If AIO get the evga clc. Biggest one that can fit your case since bigger fans make less noise since they move more air with less speed. Base fans are okay but slapping good ones make it go really far. I had 2 noctuas that luckily did not get destroyed in the fire due to me leaving them at a friends house so that worked out fine.

It has "rgb" but only the small letters glow so it's non existent. I just leave it at white or off completely.

Noctua has some models that have a ram clearance variant doesn't it?

Modern AIOs are indeed quieter and better than they used to be, and 280-360mm radiators do perform better than large tower coolers.

However, they are often more expensive, have more points of failure, and are still noisier than a tower cooler.

If you want one, go for it. Personally, my first gen AIO from Corsair from 2013 is still going, but I'll be going to a Dark Rock Pro 4 this year because it's cheaper, looks better to me and is silence focused (my main reason).

Attached: be-quiet-dark-rock-pro-4-2.jpg (1000x768, 113K)

nice LGBTQAIO++ Cooler

Noctua unless you're overclocking if so fuck AiOs build a loop

Yeah the latest models from BeQuiet and Noctua take RAM clearance into consideration, but older models that might be on sale, don't.

No, because shit pumps in AiO's.If you want silence you go either
>big air cooling
>custom loop

i have a fancy AIO and for some reason its the loudest shit in my rig

get D15. no leaks, no pump whine, keeps my 1600x at 54C load on stock for 10h.

I have a NH-D15 with it at 5ghz and a undervolt. What's with all the fud?