Is it possible to replace the hardware in a phone with some non-pozzed hardware that you can actually put a proper...

Is it possible to replace the hardware in a phone with some non-pozzed hardware that you can actually put a proper bootloader on?

Attached: changing-phone-cpu.png (676x298, 258K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=c-EtOXDAbgo
youtube.com/watch?v=G-FRSzM8Cy0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The phone IS the hardware.

I was talking about the motherboard + CPU + memory + flash drive aka SoC

So was I. The outside is just a shell. And even if you managed to fit things in properly, good luck driving the screen.

Some nerds did it for that old nokia phone, the N900.
Todays phones are just a bunch of non modifiable custom motherboards.

>fucking axe soldering iron
>BGA tiny pads
Soviet DIYers are based. I bet they also reball chips with that axe iron.

Well no, the touch screen, display, buttons, camera, microphone, etc. are also significant parts of the phone. Actually, it's not computing hardware that distinguishes a phone from a desktop computer. Semantics aside, I was hoping for more input than a "good luck". How difficult is it really? The pajeet in this video seemed to manage OK. youtube.com/watch?v=c-EtOXDAbgo

He's a pajeet lol. youtube.com/watch?v=c-EtOXDAbgo

Well, I always knew that pajeets are related to slavs.
youtube.com/watch?v=G-FRSzM8Cy0

Possible ? Yes.
Can (You) do it ? Not if you have to ask whether it's possible.

Damn, it really sucks that I did not come out the womb knowing how to do certain things. I envy those babies that were given a phone to modify right after their first cry for air.

just get a librem 5

Attached: gentoo-irssi.jpg (640x480, 75K)

Attached: my phone suck a dick.png (1024x768, 1.14M)

It's 600 bucks, not out yet, and its user interface doesn't look too smooth.

better than custom modding.
if you are going to be a freetard at all costs, at least be reasonable.

your real problem is the baseband. that's not monitored or audited and is the direct connection to the cell network. has full access to the phone as well. unless you can buy or create a modulator/demodulator, etc, you're screwed.

at least with phone lines you can physically disconnect them and for the most part be sure no one can hear.

RISC-V phone when?

Most of the libre phones use USB modems, they can be physically disabled and have no access to the host RAM.

There's an open source implementation of LTE called openLTE. So it would just be a matter of putting that on the radio hardware.

Do you have a degree in electrical engineering as well as computer science and know how to design a PCB and write the firmware to put on it ?
Oh what's that, you don't ? That's a shame, I guess you can't do this.

>Do you have a degree in electrical engineering as well as computer science and know how to design a PCB and write the firmware to put on it ?
If you don't what the fuck are you doing on Jow Forums, a forum for technology enthusiasts?

Who said anything about designing a PCB from scratch? We're talking about swapping internals. Writing new firmware? lol. Guess I need to write new firmware every time I connect a new keyboard to my computer.

Who said anything about plug and play hardware ?
What you're asking is, quite literally, uncharted territory. There are no drivers for what you want, no firmware, nothing.

So to use your keyboard example: If you were to rip out all the things that make it tick and replace the internals with "non-pozzed" hardware, yes, you would be writing a new firmware for it because it would not have one.

ok but you don't need to design a PCB from scratch. it's not like writing device drivers is an impossible task. difficult sure, but I believe that with the datasheets and a knowledge of how the peripherals work it would be possible with some commitment.