The more I use ORMs the more I hate them

The more I use ORMs the more I hate them.

Why can’t we just use SQL?

Has anyone successfully ditched their ORM?

Attached: 1AEAF945-0270-4426-82D1-1610277A496D.jpg (750x885, 442K)

I never use one in the first place. They seem to have to many drawbacks for the benefit of automating a fairly easy task.

Initially read sidearm as wisdom

Cuz you're white

Yes, the Scala libs I used generally weren't ORM.

Also, it may occasionally be a good idea to avoid SQL and use a database that can more directly support your language.

no you

no wonder this fag makes like one video per month, he's too busy walking around town with a gun taking selfies

Because we need to do the needful sir.

Honestly it's because jackasses don't know SQL. My boss made me use ORM (eclipselink) because he legit doesn't know SQL. It was infuriating

8-bit boomer looks LESS dangerous with the gun, why would any cop give two fucks about that

every time he butchers a virgin for pleasure he looses a hair.

likewise, but only because I couldn't get it set up lol. SQL queries aren't that hard to understand, it just takes me 2-5 tries to get the syntax right so I can do something. Foreign keys and inner/outer joins are easy concepts, but I'm sure I have a long ways to go with SQL.

I bet ORMs are really nice for large projects though.

Btw, nice quads!

> I bet ORMs are really nice for large projects though.

It’s the opposite in my experience... they allow you to work quickly at first but get annoying to use as the project grows, eventually you drop down to using SQL half the time

Sort of. We use Bltoolkit for pretty much everything at work with .tt file generation for models.

It sometimes creates an explosion in numbers of stored procedures, but it's still better then using EF for a high load monoliths.

not a burger but aren't guns supposed to be concealed? like, be under a shirt or something? Looks like somebody could just grab it and pop a cap in his back.

Concealed carry and open carry are two different things under the law, legality varies by state
Most holsters open in a manner designed to prevent someone from quickly taking the gun away

>Looks like somebody could just grab it and pop a cap in his back.
I do that to cops all the fucking time. you'd think they would learn.
LOL

Depends on an individual state's law
Some states you have to get a permit that may only be issued by a sheriff and even then you may have to keep it concealed
Other states are lax to have implemented "constitutional carry" which basically means you have the unrestricted freedom to carry a gun concealed or open as long as the 2nd amendment is in effect

no
>what is a retention holster

If that's his sidearm then what's his mainarm?

situational awareness.

It seems like he travels every month to another state for a convention.

Who wouldn't if you had the opportunity

No.
Anyone claiming they could just pull a gun out of someone else's holster is a tryhard LARPer who doesn't know anything about holsters.