Its over amdbros

techspot.com/news/80288-amd-x570-chipset-wont-support-first-generation-ryzen.html
Its over amdbros

Attached: 1455357803605.jpg (796x805, 115K)

Other urls found in this thread:

asrock.com/mb/Intel/P43DE/index.asp#CPU
gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-990XA-UD3-rev-1x#support-cpu
anandtech.com/show/14477/amd-confirms-pcie-4-not-coming-to-older-motherboards
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

k and? we knew this shit faggot

Seriously? Who will buy newest board for old CPU
Anyway Intel usually can't do that as well due to the socket problem

This. Why would you want a PCIe 4.0 board with a chip that can't support it?

>its over

yeah i bet there a lot of people buying new top shit motherboards to slap their 3 years old cpu on it

I refuse to believe you are a real person.

I was a little disappointed, but the X470 series still exists if you wanna buy a first-gen processor on the cheap. Also gen2 barely costs more than gen1 new. I'd bet if you sat on Ebay on launch day you could land a cheap gen2 to pair with an X570 if you're trying to cut CPU costs, but want the upgrade to PCIe4 later.

You're talking to a shill.
No one is affected by this.

No one was going to buy a $250 performance motherboard for their old CPU just to get faster USB ports (because that's all you'd get if 1st gen Zen was supported). Especially when a $30 PCIe card works just fine.

Attached: 1557787912109.png (1000x1000, 439K)

>No Rypoo support eventhough AYYMD said so
>No PCIe 4.0 support on older chipsets

AYYMD IS FINISHED & BANKRUPT

AYYMDPOORFAGS CONFIRMED ON SUICIDE WATCH

Who cares? Im on X370 ready for zen2 with a bios update

Nice try durgesh

>buying an expensive new gen motherboard for a cheap old gen cpu

So this is the brain power of Intel fans.

reading comprehension?
> Select X370 and B350 boards will require a BIOS update for Ryzen 3000, some of which we've already seen roll out.

The bios chips are full, and the mainboard vendors need to remove some older processors in order to support the new chips. The same happened when Zen+ came out, some vendors ditched the old AM4 Bulldozer APUs. Perhaps they will not add the 12c/16c processors if their power draw is too high, but the 8c parts should pose no problem.

for example, MSI for their x370 Gaming Pro
>Release Date 2019-05-17
>Update AMD ComboPI1.0.0.1
>Support new upcoming AMD cpu.
>Note: Do not update the BIOS when using the cpu listed below.
>A8-9600/A6-9500E/A6-9500/A12-9800E/A12-9800/A10-9700E/A10-9700/970

Bye bye Bulldozer.

oh no no no no !

>MSI boards suck so much that even the BIOS EEPROM is small
HAHAHAHA, who the fuck buys MSI shit? LMAOing @ ur pathetic lyfes

> The bios chips are full
It's not an excuse for boards which aren't even out yet. Stop damage controlling "it's not AMD's fault that CPUs on one socket aren't compatible with mobos having the same socket, it's vendor's fault!". They could use NOR instead of SOP, which costs pennies anyway.

Wasn't the deal about old motherboards supporting new CPUs? Who cares about new mobos supporting old CPUs?

> Who cares about new mobos supporting old CPUs?
One possible scenario listed in some other thread:
> rocking the 1st gen Ryzen system in 2021
> mobo broke
> maybe some flux capacitors or something, I'm not an expert
> went to buy a new mobo
> you have to buy a new CPU as well, goyim! Did you think you've evaded our grip on AMD?
Two possible scenarios which will mitigate this disaster:
- B550 boards will be compatible with 1st gen CPUs
- B450/X470 won't be EOLed and will continue to exist alongside X570

But still AMD never promised new mobos to support old CPUs, it was the other way around

AMD and the board manufacturers are still saying the opposite though.
why do you keep posting this?

Attached: 1534660482778.png (600x590, 201K)

It's implied.
asrock.com/mb/Intel/P43DE/index.asp#CPU - even latest LGA775 mobos supported every 775 CPU released before, even Pentium 4s.
gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-990XA-UD3-rev-1x#support-cpu - AM3+ mobos supported AM3 CPUs.
It's common sense to suppose that since specifications of already released CPUs are known and it's possible to create a motherboard tailored to run them, especially considering that earlier mobos support every CPU from 1K to 3K.
> But still AMD never promised
That's just weaseling. "AMD never promised it would work off a diesel generator, AMD never promised it would run with one RAM stick" - it is damn implied looking at the way it was before.

>disaster

A MOTHERBOARD CHANGE A YEAR KEEPS THE AYYYMDRONE IN FEAR

?

So?

It's a transparent attempt to manufacture false equivalence. Like all Incel attempts at manufacturing, it's several generations behind the state of the art, due to extreme stupidity.

Redpill me on sockets, Jow Forums. Is it really necessary to change them so often, or is it just another Jewish trick designed to stole my shekels?

Because people will by an expensive mobo from 2019 for a cheap CPU from 2017.

Attached: BB38B8F770A84D129BD7633123E3F518.jpg (1018x768, 87K)

that's because the LGA775 boards have a Northbridge.

I suspect that this has everything to do with the RAM timings inside the motherboard itself, since the Ryzen 3000's and Zen+ run DDR4 3200, and 1st gen can barely run that shit.

>went to buy a new mobo
and the correct fucking course of action in your head is to buy the most expensive chipset for a 4 year old cpu?
How stupid do you have to buy a motherboard that has higher market value than a 4 year old cpu.
Nevermind, you're an inturd, you need water cooling and beefy VRMs for stock clocks

> and the correct fucking course of action in your head is to buy the most expensive chipset for a 4 year old cpu?
>> noo goyim why would you want to pair a new and beefy motherboard with your subpar CPU?
What said. The difference between 1600 and 3600, for example, would be something-like 20% and while it's good for flexing on Intel, 6c12t is simply enough no matter the generation.

still, in what universe would want to take advantage of the new features while retaining an outdated cpu. 300 and 400 chipsets will only get cheaper after zen2's launch, If you can't justify spending money on 25% more performance then how do you justify spending money on an expensive motherboard which has barely any features you can take advantage of and if you can it's very marginal

That's a dealbreaker. I was going to buy an X570 board with 16 phases to run my r5 1600. I can't believe it.

> on an expensive motherboard
It's not even about X chipsets, it reflects what AMD wants to do with the whole lineup.
> 300 and 400 chipsets will only get cheaper after zen2's launch
Yes, bit if you tried to find anything for EOLed hardware generations, you gotta know how hard that is. They will go off the shelves in a year or two, and then people will start asking questions like "it's the same socket, the hell do you mean 'look at the CPU compatibility list'?".
> how do you justify spending money on an expensive motherboard which has barely any features
I may want to pay additional $50 for 10Gbe even if it acts as 5GBe with old CPUs. For example. I may need three PCIE slots and that particular store may not have B550 ATX boards.

>It's not even about X chipsets, it reflects what AMD wants to do with the whole lineup.
It's a hardware standard forced them to have this complication. You're clueless as fuck if you're going to tell me that LGA775 had that capability, when architecturally it would be possible since its boards still have fully separate northbridge and southbridge chips.

>we knew this shit faggot
No "we" didn't.

The beta BIOS for gigabyte boards already allowed you to enable PCIe 4.0

This is pretty big news desu.

>yeah bro let me just buy a top of the line motherboard and stick a cheap as dirt 2 year old cpu in it
You shills are getting ridiculous.
Intel must be fucking terrified of AMD right now if you idiots are going into maximum shill overdrive over this shit.

A literal non-issue.

...are you retarded.

It's the opposite

>buy an expensive as fuck X470 board
>buy a brand new Ryzen 3000 CPU
>PCIe 4.0 doesn't work just cause fuck you for not buying an X570 board.

This isn't about X570 boards and old CPUs, it's about old X370 and X470 boards and the NEW CPUs.

There is no reason an old motherboard that was built to a high standard (like most high end X370 and X470 boards) can't run PCIe 4.0, besides AMD now saying they can't.

so bimbo, what prevents you to retain the beta bios until you get a B550/X570?

The implications are far worse when you actually read into it from a decent tech site.

anandtech.com/show/14477/amd-confirms-pcie-4-not-coming-to-older-motherboards

What prevents AMD from just letting it happen?

Oh yeah, jews

shut the fuck up paid intel shill
no one is stupid enough to buy an expensive x570 mobo to put a first gen cpu on it

What about if you bought an expensive as fuck X370/X470 and now can't run PCIe 4.0 cause AMD decided they don't want you to?

...clearly you don't know the history of motherboard makers.

because years ago, the AMD Phenom II x4's can be turned into X6's with a simple BIOS option.

AMD does not officially support the bios switch, but it feigned ignorance when MSI and co found a way to unlock cores.

It doesn't fucking matter, as long as the BETA bios exists, those who would like to use the PCIE 4.0 spec on unofficially supported hardware can do so.

>when you enter a thread, don't bother to read the OP, and just start shillin away

Attached: 3.jpg (696x785, 55K)

Literally nobody was considering buying a $200+ X570 mobo just to put a now obsolete 1st gen Ryzen CPU in it

>No AMD/Nvidia Card can saturate PCIE 3.0

> Original plans were to leave the PCIE 4.0 Slot on x16 with the rest running on PCIE 3.0

>X16 slots are usually reserved for Video cards

>Inturd spergs about a non-issue because there definitely are no Video cards that run on the Max bandwidth of PCIE 3.0, let alone 4.0

Fuck the PCIe 4.0 meme, I just want more fucking lanes so I can actually use a graphics card and two SSDs at full speed at the same time. It's fucking laughable that you basically have to limit yourself to two expansion cards unless you want something to be throttled down.

> It's a hardware standard
Which one, considering 1st gen APUs will work in new mobos?

I wonder why

Attached: 1445873750669.jpg (250x250, 15K)

I'm switching from intel, so I have to replace every core component anyway
(CPU, motherboard, memory)

> PCIE 4.0 Slot
> PCIE 3.0
Try reading the OP.

Try comprehending the statement. No video card can saturate the current Maximum with PCIE 3.0, The original deal was that the x16 slot was going to get PCIE 4.0, but that slot is usually reserved for video cards, so OP brings up a moot point because it was a non-issue from the start.

>Inturd can't into block diagrams.

Attached: AM4-block-diagram-gn_1.png (1362x1060, 106K)

okay No problem. it's not like you'll ever max out the bandwidth anyway

They decided that they cannot guarantee that it works. Intel had the same problem with pci 3.0 years ago. So if you get really lucky an unofficial bios could support pci4 on your old mobo but amd will just say it won't work. It is not great but most people have no need for pci4 so whatever.

> Try comprehending the statement
Comprehend this:
> AMD's X570 chipset won't support first-generation Ryzen
You have anything on this issue?

>AMDrones keep talking shit about Intel not supporting new gen CPUs on previous gen mobos
>AMD does the same shit
>ITS NOT THE SAME

COPE MORE AMDRONES

That's not the issue at all, first gen Ryzen is simply not compatible with PCIe 4.0

Is 2nd gen Ryzen compatible with PCIe 4.0?

The issue is board sub-timings. 1st Gen Ryzens can't run DDR4-3200 reliably and that's what the X570 board is tuned for.

This is again going to be revealed once someone gets a hold of an X570 board. It's likely that it's not officially supported, but will be able to run anyway, it's just that its not that reliable.

But this is also a non-issue because if you were going to buy an X570 board, you would probably buy a Zen2 alongside it. X470 and B450 boards still are available, so it's likelier that someone who would like to have a higher-end board for 1st Gen would go that route.

Not even a AMDfag but it's the opposite, they aren't supporting old CPUs on newer mobos. New CPUs work on older mobos if you update the BIOS.

>new gen CPUs on previous gen mobos
This is literally the opposite you braindead pajeet. It's old chips not being compatible with new motherboards You'd think they'd teach you to learn english to some standard before sending you out to the shill field
Wanting to put a new chip in an old mobo is desirable because you don't have to buy a new motherboard
Wanting to put an old chip in a new mobo is fucking retarded way of being frugal since there's tons of cheaper previous gen boards and you might as well have just bought a new chip and gained way more performance.

Who the fuck is going to buy a $200+ board with features that won't work with a Ryzen 1xxx part and then put a Ryzen 1xxx part in it? Dumb shill OP should get fucked.

>buying a x570 board for first gen ryzen
AMD literally doing you a favor