/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

Dwight is back edition.

Previous thread:

Attached: Dwight_Question.jpg (1024x768, 67K)

Other urls found in this thread:

rufus.ie/
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=256&v=QP3BYh5yn20
ubuntugnome.org/
guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

How does one get away from ISP botnets

Also what's a good botnet free phone

Attached: tor.png (318x239, 29K)

What happened to the shota OP? Did the FBI finally got him?

Attached: 1547293235294.png (262x304, 69K)

Hopefully Tyrone is raping him now

Should I just get a 55" Samsung Q80R this year and hope Nvidia will some day support VRR over HDMI (2.0b), abandoning my quest to find a display that size which does 1440p @ 120hz VRR with full RGB and possibly forgo VRR altogether?

Pic kinda related, but stupid expensive.

Attached: hpomenxemperium65prd1200x630car1.91.jpg (1200x628, 83K)

Well with a name like that, what do you expect total immunity from the feds

Attached: 1541092481128.jpg (560x488, 200K)

I have 4 bluetooth controllers I connect to my PC over a bluetooth adapter, they work flawlessly up to three connected controllers, but the moment I connect the fourth one the responsiveness of all 4 drops by a noticeable 1-2 second delay, disconnecting it, or connecting it via cable returns the remaining 3 to the perfect responsiveness.

Is the bandwidth of the bluetooth adapter the likely cause of this or could it be something else? The bluetooth adapter is plugged into a USB splitter, connected to the PC over miniUSB to USB, and then an extended USB cable.

std::pair getPair(Node const& node, int const& result) const {
return std::pair(node, result);
}
Getting this error
>error: no matching function for call to std::pair::pair(const Node&, const int&)' return std::pair(node, result);
I've been trying to figure this out for hours and I can't figure it out

Is it worth it to upgrade from Windows 7 Home Premium to Win10 if I have a used-once-for-class 8.1 Pro key?

Asking because I got negged for an entry-level IT job thrice now because I've not got experience in Win10 and the local companies I applied to use it exclusively.

Haven't done C++ in quite some time so this is going to be a stupid answer to your stupid question.

I think it's because the function takes a Node const& node, but you're trying to create a pair with a Node*, which is a completely different type.

Again, a stupid, possibly incorrect answer to your stupid question.

What does Dwight have to do with technology?

This should be the correct answer.
First off, stop taking references to everything, that may actually negate performance in some cases, like your int& result.
std::pair getPair(const Node* node, const int result) const {
return std::pair(node, result);
}

Should work.

I bought a copy of Ipad for dummies but it doesn't explain how Raspberry Pi works. Is there an addendum?

> int const
kys

are there any updated Jow Forums X forks that work on every board? tired of this shit half working

Is i7-3770 (without K) still a good processor in 2019? I use my desktop PC only for gaymes on 1080p screen.

does this pic still work? i've been keeping it around in case i ever needed it but it's been years now

Attached: windows 7 installation guide.png (2480x3508, 1.17M)

So I'm trying to reinstall Windows but I've been encountering issues left and right. What options do I have before giving up and installing some Linux distro? Assuming I'll even be able to make it to whatever installation screen, taking this current shit into consideration. I'm currently running a Ryzen 2200G and a B350 Tomahawk motherboard.

I've disabled secure boot but it isn't accepting boot media I'm giving it, be it on USB or disc. I also tried securely wiping my SSD through a UEFI option for an entirely clean Windows install, but it consistently says it failed.

What else can I try? Am I doing something wrong and not seeing it?

How do i make a symlink that redirects file creation to a different directory.

I want to have w3m's config in .config/w3m not .w3m in home directory is it does by itself. Is that possible without recompiling?

you could do it old school with diskpart or you could just use Rufus.

rufus.ie/

How does Jow Forums secure its DNS, i.e. hide it from ISP and others along the way?
Also, there was a Home Server General /hsg/ thread, why no more? inb4 "make one user"

Attached: dns.jpg (289x174, 14K)

tet

A bit confused by the wording. Currently it's in a file ~/.w3m and you want it in ~/.config/w3m ?
Why not just symlink it where you want? Make a copy, delete the original, then replace with a symlink.
# copy verbose A to B, remove the old file if successful
cp -v ~/.w3m ~/.config/w3m && rm ~/.w3m
# make symlink TARGET LINK_NAME
ln -s ~/.config/w3m ~/.w3m
# reload i3, probably Super+Shift+R

I have an external DAC (fiio 10k) and arch linux. Do I need any drivers or software to be able to listen to flac music files, or does the DAC do everything for me?

My new cassette deck has line in and line out through a 5-pin DIN connector.
Will an adapter like this correctly separate the signals through the RCA leads?

Attached: dinrca.jpg (640x640, 46K)

Librem 5

Almost every time I click on a Wikipedia or other -pedia site, I am taken to the mobile version, despite being on desktop. Why does this happen, and how do I stop it from happening?

Very very basic question and I have already searched some information about it and it seems that there is no difference in performance but, is there any difference in speed between installing Windows 7 Professional or Ultimate?

Try to delete the cookies of the site.

Thanks.

How do I make MPC-BE buffer more video time in RAM? I got 8GB and when I'm watching anything in MPC-BE the RAM usage never goes above 4GB. Sometimes I notice a little lag when I watch 1080p stuff with huge file size (e.g. Bloatgirls releases), the HDD's reading speed can't keep up with the bitrate.

I tried looking into the ffvideo settings but I didn't find anything related to buffer piece size, I know there're some hacks but I wonder if there is a legit way to do it in latest versions of MPC-BE, I don't like messing with the RAM settings too much.

I got banned on /a/ for a day because mods are niggers, how do I into VPN's without paying a dime, and a VPN that also isn't blocked by hiroshimoot. I'm on a public wifi so I can't tamper with the router settings.

Attached: power button.png (532x292, 122K)

No, the only difference is that Ultimate uses a bit more HDD and RAM because it has more preinstalled features. It's rare to use your RAM at 100% all the time (it usually just stops working at 90-95%), the difference is few dozens MB anyway so it makes no difference. I got Ultimate because the other versions don't allow to create RAID1 partitions.

nice reading comprehension nigger

What browser do you use? the firefox script works perfectly for me and I'm not even using a recent firefox version. If you mean the mobile app then there is no alternative, just browse from pc and the problem is gone.

Can't you just walk up to the router and do it? nobody will care. Are you scared of McDonald's clerks or something? just tell them internet doesn't work from your device.

Put a bullet in your dumb head, disgusting pedo scum.

Ok thank you.

Another thing. I have located an updated ISO of Windows 7 on a forum but I was thinking: what is the best place for downloading ISO of Os??

I just found this website and they say their files are directly from Microsoft servers. I don't know if I can be banned if I share it here. It sounds good, better than a regular forum... I don't know other times I have just downloaded it from these type of forums. Where do you use to download this things?

What are some things I can do with an old laptop that is lying around?

I'm not in a store, it's a hood wifi located in the landlords house, I ain't touching shit
you don't get banned a day for CP, dumb nigger

Torrents. Usually torrents like these tend to have a lot of seeds and are almost always uploaded by verified users so they're pretty safe to use, you can find them on any torrent site since people tend to reupload the same torrent to multiple sites at once. The files cannot be fiddled with once the torrent is created because torrents use hash verification. Last I remember, the best Win7 release was the one that included Daz Loader.

Just make sure you burnt the ISO without errors to DVD or it's gonna be a pain to troubleshoot the installation later.

im using firefox with violentmonkey and ccd0's version, which are you using?

FF48 with Greasemonkey v3.11 and latest Jow Forums X script from the official site (it updates automatically).

>how do I into VPN's without paying a dime
>and a VPN that also isn't blocked by hiroshimoot.
kek

>rent a vps from random unknown isp
>5 bucks a month
>install vpn on the vps
>have fresh and unblocked vpn
>...
>profit

Attached: 1494612278854.png (844x485, 235K)

Seedbox or backups or both, like if you got a fast internet just install a torrent client and get a bunch of HDDs to fill with anime and other shit you want, if you want to go full hoarder then get a HDD hub and put 24-32TB worth of HDDs on it then set them in RAID1 so you've both fast reading speeds and backups.

Thank you for that, yeah it does work.
I'm not exactly understanding why this fixed it. Can I make it make more efficient? I guess the int is being passed by reference when it doesn't need to be right?

how do I prevent certain facebook account from logging into my network? using their email add or phone num.

I remember there's a script key-logger that does this if certain keystroke sequences are pressed. example their email address.

The main reason I use Firefox is because of the option to clean the history on exit.
Chrome doesn't let you do that without using extensions. What is the most famous one right now?

When I install a ROM on my phone does that shit live next to the stock firmware or replace it?
In other words can I free some space by removing the dog shit default OS and running a ROM, or is that not a possibility?

>Chrome doesn't let you do that without using extensions.

God I remember the last time that I tried Chrome. To be able to do even the simplest thing you need an extension. I suppose that it is to make it faster but is too much inconvenient.

Off course, you can install a version of Android made by users for example. I did that one time. Well in fact it was made by a guy in a computer shop but whatever. Yes you can delete the original OS and install one made by people. Jailbreak I think it's called.

Can I just replace the panel on my laptop with any other 30 pin panel or does it have to be built for my laptop?

I want to exchange my 1366x768 screen for a 1080p one.

>I want to exchange my 1366x768 screen for a 1080p one.

But would the GPU or the rest of the computer be compatible with that new screen?

Is there a downside to playing at a lower resolution than your monitor can handle, namely 1440 on 4k or 1080p on 1440?
And how does supersampling fit into this? Does a stronger monitor make supersampling impossible if you want to play at a lower resolution than it is able to display?

I want to convert a primary partition to extended without losing data. Some user suggested me to delete it and create an extended one on top of it within the same partition boundaries using fdisk from linux usb.
Have anyone tried it? Does it work? And would it work with ntfs partition? Or I'm better off just using the heavily shilled EaseUS?

>Is there a downside to playing at a lower resolution than your monitor can handle?
Um, people have always done it before for more speed, have anything changed?

A downside in visual quality, I mean. Like, you buy a monitor 4k capable for those you can play at 4k, but play everything else at 1440. Or doing the same with a 1440 monitor and playing at 1080.

What does 7nm mean in a processor’s architecture ? What is 7 nm in a processor ?

Attached: image.jpg (640x1136, 394K)

It's the manufacturing process. That's how small the patterns of the processor are written on the silicon.

Then why does smaller mean better? How does it affect performance?

The patterns are finer so the die is smaller which brings a lot of benefits since less material = less distance, less resistance = greater power efficiency, more complex architecture.

Oooh right, thanks friend

With dnscrypt-proxy 2. I use securedns which also blocks ads.

My browser (Pale Meme) has started freezing periodically in the last month, can I blame Intel for this? I have a Kaby Lake CPU. Before this I went 1 year + and never had this happen once. I'm a pretty cautious web browser so I don't think it's a virus or anything sinister but it could be the browser itself.

I guess maybe more of a /diy/ question but has anyone tried doing something like this, how well did it work?

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=256&v=QP3BYh5yn20

and i forgot the vid

you can get a real projector for peanuts at a thrift store.
looks like an okay project to bond with your wife's son, I guess.

not everyone is a first worlder user, electronics are not cheap everywhere, and my wife's son is only into lifting and sports :(

wut? someone posted a real shota here or something?

The other day I asked what Linux distro is good for noobs that just want Steam to run all my gmaes one.

The kind anons said Ubuntu with Steam's new Proton (just a custom version of wine built into the program.) but I didn't really like GNOME.

My question is, what is the literal differnece in distros if I only need a different desktop environment? Should I install a distro with a default envionment I like, or is there something backend that makes UBuntu worth installing?

What's the best alternative of Speedfan?

did anyone successfully install linux and hackintosh on an lenovo flex 5 1570? I want to buy a new laptop and I dont want to brick it on the first day. Also, do "unbrickable" laptops exist ?

Help me find a Firefox addon that shows all the passwords I type - either on hover, or always. Always would best desu.

Had it on Chrome, but now that Google is planning to fuck adblockers, I am trying to switch.
Two things made it really difficult/cumbersome:
- No right-click translate page contents.
- Show password addons are all very tedious/shit... that I found.

Attached: 1503011816176.jpg (798x601, 146K)

With Plex, is the way to share your media library with friends/family, just to get them to log in to your plex account on their phone/pc/ps4/whatever? Or do they need their own separate account and you somehow share it from there?

Any programs for Windows that show me which files/folders are taking up the most space on my hard drive?

Yes, if you're outputting on a non native resolution, there's blurrieness. At least on the examples provided. The pixels don't line up, so it's not great. Supersampling is possible, but kind of pointless, because if you're going to bother rendering the higher resolution, you might as well display it.

I believe it's called "Tree Size". Scans your HDD and lists files/folders by size. If you're wondering what's taking all your space though, it's your movies, music, and games.

The difference between ubuntu and ubuntu forks is pretty minimal. They will likely have their own app stores/software repos, but they'll function similarly. The farther you get from ubuntu, the more niche the guides are for newbs, allthough any relatively popular distro tends to still have a fair amount of guides. Mint is a pretty straigtforward choice, although you can install additional DE's on ubuntu and choose between them at login.

If you don't go trying to update bios, you pretty much can't "brick" a laptop without fucking something up in the hardware.

A gnome version of ubuntu exists ubuntugnome.org/
For pretty much any distro you'll be able to find a way to get it to run your desktop environment of choice.

About Proton though, it's not perfect. Make sure you're not replacing your windows install just yet. I have about 200 Steam games, only around half work "natively" with proton. The rest aren't guaranteed to work but you can force Steam to launch them with Proton anyways. It's mainly the new indie games that work. Any older or Triple A games from big studios still seem to have issues. I do appreciate Steam doing their best to support Linux though! Bold move since Linux users account for about 0.5% of their total userbase.

winDIRstat

ninite.com

>A gnome version of ubuntu exists
No kidding. It's only the default DE.

If they're on the same router as the server, nobody has to log in at all, except on console. You can distribute one loggin to everyone if you're not worried about limiting admin access or content on a per user basis. This also works for remote streaming. If you really want multiple accounts, that comes with the plex subscription. You buy one, and set up multiple users under it, like netflix. If you don't buy the sub, you'll need to pay a one time fee for mobile apps.

If you're just wiping your drives and starting fresh you can try installing a small linux distro just to see if it works. That way you know it's microsoft's shitty installer that is failing and not your components. In my experience, getting windows to install off a USB is a lot harder than it should be. I constantly have to change boot options from Legacy/UEFI, UEFI/Legacy Legacy Only, UEFI Only, to find the one that will work. After it finds the USB, windows installer seems pretty shitty about detecting drives that aren't already prepped for install. I've had to use gparted off a USB before in order to properly format my drives just so windows install would detect it.

I changed my resolution of my pc before installing the driver for my gpu. Now its all fucked up. Is there anyway I can fix it?

>all fucked up
That's specific. Changing rez before installing wouldn't impact anything.

Well its all fuzzy and shit. I can still see the mouse being moved around. I tried doing it without really seeing it but to no avail.

Did you have a working PC before inserting the GPU?

Yep. I'll post a picture, and its taking some time to boot up. In the meanwhile should I try with my old GPU, change it to a lower resolution and then do it?

lads got a new mobo today to replace my old one, installed it with all my previous parts (HDD,SSD GFX, CPU etc). Yet i'm getting a yellow light on my DRAM signal on my Motherboard, any advice cheers.
(mobo) Mobo-Asus TUF H370 ATX LGA1151

Quit messing with your resolution. That has nothing to do with it. If your computer has integrated graphics, just fall back on those. Boot safe mode, run DDU, then pop the new card back in and re install the drivers. Also where are you getting the drivers from? They should come directly from the manufacturer's website.

guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Attached: IMG_20190603_175508.jpg (2340x4160, 3.14M)

Yeah that was my dumbass mistake. I got a cd for it as well.

I have an old first gen kindle fire that can no longer load the web due to the upgrade jew (certs are the main issue desu). The main issue with it is that the browser doesn't get updates and firefox and chrome no longer bother with that architecture. I think I have a few solutions:
1. Manually update the security certs and pray for the best
2. Find source and try to compile it manually (really don't have to have to fuck with this)
3. Find some chink server that has a "totally not spyware :^)" version pre compiled

Any ideas?

Yeah ignore the fuck out of that cd. Betcha can't get it in the trash can from your chair.

I actually managed to get lucky with my display back. Fucking did multiple guess work to get working and changing the resolution. Anyway now that I'm reinstalling my drivers, should I stick with 8.1 or install 10 since I got it free.

I forgot to ask, I have this aorus engine shit in the cd I was given. i don't need to bother wirh it right?

How do I get Oculus Rift working on Linux?
I know, I know, >faceberg
But it's literally the only thing stopping me from going full autismo at this point. I'd appreciate help so I can go full gentoo

a keylogger would only work an a machine, not on a network

you could wireshark and see if there is something like a userID in the facebook auth packets

or you could just block facebook entirely on your network

It's the equivilant of MSI afterburner etc. Lets you mess with custom fan speeds, overclocks, card lights etc. If you aren't bothering with any of that you don't need it.

Either works. You get maximum compatibility with shit on 10.