anandtech.com/show/14477/amd-confirms-pcie-4-not-coming-to-older-motherboards

AYYMD IS FINISHED & BANKRUPT

AYYMDPOORFAGS CONFIRMED ON SUICIDE WATCH

Attached: Su.jpg (645x803, 104K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tomshardware.com/news/amd-ryzen-pcie-4.0-motherboard,38401.html
hothardware.com/news/tsmc-5nm-node-doubles-density-amd-ryzen-3000-7nm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

We had this exact thread yesterday which means i can report you for spamming.

And no: my build is based on Intel Pentium G4600, not AMD anything.

It doesn't bother me because pci-e 4.0 is barely supported on anything yet.

>There's no guarantee that older motherboards can reliably run the more stringent signaling requirements of Gen4, and we simply cannot have a mix of "yes, no, maybe" in the market for all the older motherboards. The potential for confusion is too high. When final BIOSes are released for 3rd Gen Ryzen (AGESA 1000+), Gen4 will not be an option anymore.

What the heck is this cope

inb4:
LMAO he does it for free!
ROFL enjoy your vulnerabilities!

ASUS already pushed x470 zen 2 compatibility bios updates with the option of pcie 4.0. Do you really think some motherboards aren't overbuilt? Its gonna happen but its not gonna be official. Like when some asrock bios's allowed overclocking on intel non-k chips

You cannot announce it you know

>this is news
what's next? that ddr4 memory isn't supported on lga1155 boards?

Yes, provided the slots are DDR4
But no

I-Intel wins again bros. AyyMDrones e-eternally btfo with no chance of r-recover

Attached: ItsOver.png (1296x900, 371K)

oh no why cant my pcie3 motherboard turn into a pcie4 one? i thought magic was real

I don't. It's just a constatation of a fact.

It proves you don't understand how that bus works in modern CPUs. If it's magic for you, no wonder you can be declined it for any reason.

that's some sour grapes, intelfag

> no need to show off my ignorance if I can just use ad hominem
When PCI Express controller is in the CPU along with the southbridge and chipset just provides additional lines, also when contacts are the same, why older motherboards don't get increased speed when a new CPU is inserted?

is this the way intcels cope with pozzed hardware? do you realize that you are attacking amd for not updating the whole bios code for every motherboard released in the last years in order to support a technology that it wasn't even intended to be implemented in first place? it's way more impressive to think that some old motherboards can support a new gen of pcie with some code.

Attached: JtawADR.jpg (1080x1709, 528K)

>It's not officially supported, but we left the options to enable it.
The state of Inturds grasping at straws. This was the same situation with Core unlocking way back during the Phenom days.

> intcels
> cope
> pozzed
I'd rather stop replying to you, nigger. Stay here alone in your AIDS pool called Jow Forums.

Go back, niggerfaggot.

>When final BIOSes are released for 3rd Gen Ryzen (AGESA 1000+), Gen4 will not be an option anymore.
????????????????????

Actually Jow Forums became exceptionally shit when the underage amdrones found their way here from Jow Forumsamd circa poolaris reveal.

Kid, you realize that Core Unlocking was never really a feature given by AMD, right? Also, what's stopping people from using the Beta BIOS to use PCIE-4.0 and then buy a B550 afterwards?

they just announced a partnership with samsung lmfao

why do you shills actually do this?

Does that mean Navi GPUs will not be compatible with older AM4 motherboards?

what makes you say that? PCIE 3.0/4.0 is just the bus. the card will not be able to saturate the full bandwidth.

I don't know how it works, I was just asking.

samefag

Attached: 1497883390389.jpg (267x297, 18K)

gb2plebbit

HOLD ME BROS

Attached: 1559379621795.png (653x726, 35K)

>No AMD/Nvidia Card can saturate PCIE 3.0

> Original plans were to leave the PCIE 4.0 Slot on x16 with the rest running on PCIE 3.0

>X16 slots are usually reserved for Video cards

>Inturd spergs about a non-issue because there definitely are no Video cards that run on the Max bandwidth of PCIE 3.0, let alone 4.0

>Breaking news DDR2 PCs don't support DDR3!!
Okay.

tomshardware.com/news/amd-ryzen-pcie-4.0-motherboard,38401.html
Those were the news just a week ago and people unaware of it think it's OK to cut off what was confirmed to work.

Boards that were made without the specification ever being considered should just magically meet the requirements! Right guys? This is how technology works right? Guys?

It's because the configuration is moot. the slot tied to the CPU is the only one that's going to have PCIE 4.0, and in most B-series/X-series boards, that's the x 16 slot. Tell me, turd. are there Video cards that will use the full bandwidth of the bus?

wait, memes aside, did anyone expect a new technology to be magically backported to older hardware?
what the fuck?

the main argument is that since the Zen2 CPU would have the 4.0 lanes, it will enable the slots that have the direct lanes that same standard. But the real problem is that it is usually the Video card that has those lanes, so again, it's a moot point.

Reading the block diagram of every Zen/Zen2 board would clarify this matter to everyone.

it's motherboard manufacturers bitching and whining about not having enough features to sell their overpriced garbage x500 boards

Here's the diagram. So again, moot point.

Attached: crosshair-diagram-1280x1024.jpg (1169x806, 114K)

other way around

Jow Forums went to Jow Forumsamd, not Jow Forumsamd came to Jow Forums

the block diagram also explains why Gen1 Ryzen isn't supported with X570.

You could literally see that Gen1 is only officially supported @2666 JEDEC, so motherboard timings wouldn't be able to match X570's minimum @ probably 3000

hothardware.com/news/tsmc-5nm-node-doubles-density-amd-ryzen-3000-7nm

INTEL POZZED HOUSEFIRE GARBAGE BTFO

Attached: 1543585518490.jpg (960x720, 116K)