Which one ?

which one ?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 99K)

Passive

the one that has more RGBs

Liquid is a meme

liquid if ur not retarded

physics, motherfucker, did you studied it?

120mm Delta fan that consumes at least 4w of power. Literal zoomer-shredder in my room.

I like gimmicks, and therefore I like custom loops. I just can't justify the expense when a good air setup performs nearly the same.

Luckily, your tinnitus drowns out the sound gramps.

it doesn't matter.
I have a water AIO, because an air cooler looks so horrible in my case.

AIR every time.

custom water > noctua > aio > all other air

custom water beats everything but the price and maintenance requirement is unrealistic for most people. noctua air coolers beat out aios in every category most notably performance as many youtubers like linus have made videos demonstrating. then the aios arguably beat out all other 3rd party air coolers. i say arguably because although an aio beats the air coolers in performance they lose in terms of price, reliability and risk.

Both, because freon is a gas, and freon is a liquid.

Attached: freon.jpg (259x194, 12K)

Attached: DSCF5457.jpg (768x576, 130K)

Air cooler
>inexpensive
>excels at low noise levels
>can cool any CPU currently on the market with the exception of highly overvolted Intel toothpaste trash
>lasts until the company decides not to produce mounts for new sockets, even then can be used on older systems or boards with compatible mounts
>failure point (fan) can be replaced for 5-20 of your local currency

AiO liquid cooler
>costs double the amount of a good air cooler
>needs high fan speeds due to very narrow fin stacking, performance tanks at low noise levels
>after considering the higher thermal mass, high end AiO barely outperform air coolers, if at all
>higher risk of failure (leakage, pump failure), needs to be trashed or takes a shitton of time to repair if failure occurs
>100% guaranteed performance decrease and ultimately failure (pump breaks or useless as cooling performance rapidly declines) due to clogging coolant and permeation creating air bubbles
>top models last

have sex

AIOs are exclusively for retarded gaymers with more money than sense. They're louder, more expensive and don't cool any better than high end air coolers, whilst having a much higher chance of failure. If you have one, you are a moron.

Custom water cooling is nice, but completely unnecessary unless you have an actual interest in it as a project unto itself.

Attached: h.jpg (282x306, 17K)

Liquid cooling has always been a joke.

t. never had more than 200w of heat dumped inside his case

Proper custom loop, or top end air cooler. AiO coolers are a bad joke for people who are too stupid to install any of the top end air coolers. The ONLY time AiO is acceptable is if you're inside of a tiny mITX build where clearance is an issue. Even then you're still a faggot because mITX builds are retarded for anything that isn't a small server or HTPC.

Attached: 1537183403258.jpg (538x525, 64K)

All AIO haters seem to forget that all air coolers, including the ones on GPUs dump all the heat inside the case. This is not a big issue if you run an i5 and a GTX 1060, but as soon as you go with higher end parts, an AIO can either save you GPU from throttling or afford a better OC on the CPU. Of course, a custom loop is much better, but the performance is often offset by cost+maintenance.

Nice guess brainlet, but I owned a 3970X overclocked to 4.7GHz at 1.4V until recently that pulled upwards of 250W under full load. The NH-D15 I had on it handled it just fine. Better than whatever retarded, gaudy, overpriced AIO you have, that's for sure. Enjoy being retarded.

Attached: soygasm.jpg (283x324, 20K)

liquid doesn't cool your pc any better than decent air coolers (which cost on par with AiOs) and obviously have the chance of catastrophic failure as well as higher maintanence (yearly refills etc.)

there are only 3 valid reasons to go liquid:

1. aesthetic preference (only acceptable if you go custom loop)
2. special form factor/case (some itx cases don't allow for massive heatsinks but do allow for AiO radiators)
3. reduced noise (only applies if you go triple fan radiator or beyond, because this way you can use more fans to cool your pc which means they don't have to spin as fast)

Fix your case airflow, you fucking retard. It's literally not a problem unless you're too dumb to set up a few case fans (which I can accept may be true of someone who thought buying an AIO was a good idea). I had my 3970X paired with a Vega 64, so my total system power consumption was quite spicy. Yet temperatures were never an issue, with full air cooling. Why? Because I'm smarter than you.

Attached: aussie faggot.jpg (723x626, 86K)

are you braindead? your mobo 99/100 times puts your cpu close to TWO fan ports on your pc (back/top). anyone who doesnt have those as exhaust fans is a bottom feeding mouthbreather

sex is a chore

Both.

what the fuck is this post

You may want to get checked for mental retardation..

We've reached the point where midrange builds can be passively cooled and even high end builds can be air cooled with minimal fan speeds.

The only reason to water cool is extreme overclocking. Then you add the problem of cooling VRMs and RAM which means more fans and thus defeats the point of water cooling.

there's benchmarks that show that noctua coolers run better then aios. it's a fact.
if anything your valid point that the aircoolers dump the hot air back into the system (though most should be getting sucked out via exhaust) just goes to show how shit aios are because even in spite of recirculating some hot air the air coolers STILL outperform the aios.

Are you buying flagship parts? Liquid
Are you buying poorfag parts? Air
Are you overclocking? Liquid
Are you buying mid-range parts but not overclocking? Air

Are you being any AMD cpu? Sorry, they don't make machines capable of cooling to absolute zero. Just buy intel and delid.

AMDrones btfo yet again.

>Are you being any AMD cpu
On the Internet nobody knows you are an integrated circuit

The one that is a downdraft cooler.

>not a molten droplet radiator

Air.

why are so many people under the impression that liquid coolers perform better than air cooled heatsinks?

if you have a decently sized heatsink there is literally no difference in between them (assuming both use the same airflow, meaning amount of fans and fanspeed)

both cooling approaches do the same thing, they transfer heat from the component into the ambient air.
heatsink coolers do this more or less directly by transfering heat into a block of metal that gets blasted by ambient air, while liquid coolers use radiators and constant water flow through them.

however, both approaches are strictly limited by the temperature of ambient air and the amount of airflow you use.
at some point it simply doesn't matters anymore how big your heatsink or radiator is - or how much fans you use. you'll never be able to cool anything below ambient and the heat transfer from radiator/heatsink to air is diminishing based on how close their temperatures are.

this leads to the fact that any decent cooler, be it heatsink or liquid, will perform about the same (again, assuming same amount of airflow)

ah, so I hear you saying, well, you can have much more airflow with liquid cooling because rads can mount more fans and even put them on both sides.

yes, that much is true - but you won't get much better temps (see above) and your machine will be very loud. unless of course you lower the fan speed, which will negate the whole "higher airflow" idea in the first place. Nevertheless, it must be stated that this is a good way to get a very quiet pc while still have decent airflow and that's one of the three good reasons stated here:
liquid (especially AiOs) aren't any better in terms of temperature performance though. if you really really need exceptional cooling, you have to go below ambient with either external radiators or some form of evaporation cooling solution.

> running a low duty cycle device at full duty cycle
Enjoy your blown out compressor.

No. That's why I'm asking, pal

Attached: image.jpg (782x574, 303K)

"This post is extremely low quality."

literally never touched water cooling in my life. Air is chad

air coolers are much higher performance than liquid coolers unless you have a high end custom loop

DEPENDS WHAT THE FUCK YOU DOIN' TYRONE, YO DUMBASS BRAIN COULDNT FATHOM THE POSSIBILITY OF YOUR PROCESSOR BEING COOLED JUST BY A FAN AND SOME THERMAL PASTE YO FUCKING DUMB LIKE THAT

a proper air setup will always be better than liquid, and cheaper.

>Are you being any AMD cpu? Sorry, they don't make machines capable of cooling to absolute zero. Just buy intel and delid.

>JUST BUY INTEL LOL

In 2019. Come on

Air
Anyone who claim liquid would be intrinsically better just because it's liquid don't understand how garbage AIOs are with the pissant amount of liquid inside, the weak pumps and the rather small radiators

>not belonging to the mineral oil Master race.

(you)
>air coolers dump the hot air inside
>aio coolers (99% of times used as intake) magically dissipate high temperatures
most retarded post on this thread

Attached: 1525889742150.png (798x490, 95K)

based and eternally redpilled

>I'm listening

thats an early stage Intel demo prototype.
rot in hell, Intel. take your leave, telaviv.

Depends on what you're cooling, your budget and if you're planning on moving it around.

You forgot to mention having a big chunky air cooler taking up your entire case looks like absolute shit. Its the other end of the spectrum from the 20 rgb fans and superhero figurine kiddies.

Having owned both high-end AIO's and an NH-D15 at this point, I'm taking the NH-D15. AIO's are easier to work with and look better, but the thing that absolutely kill them for me is the noise. Every single one of them I've owned has been loud and gotten worse with age.

The fact that the NH-D15 outperforms them doesn't hurt either.

So wHats the correct placement of case fans to reduce dust and heat?

That obviously depends on the case, you dodo.

Attached: 719b7b96c64743a4f60844c3f1683d665d3c09ae897abb04d991e3602a487ac9.png (349x427, 168K)