VR hype

Biggest VR hype from years back.
I wanted to laugh at the cringy videos form years back who told us that VR is so revolutionary and everyone was acting like its sucking their dick and they are getting orgasms.

I remember being pissed of about this crap when it was spamed everywhere.
Now I can not find anything about it.
Can someone give me links to the most hyped videos/articles?

Attached: 1000_F_231722399_tHIPORf07c7zF8rbO9kfm1E4owQoDLjx.jpg (1000x664, 332K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MOJfu5xLQ-s
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=92&v=GJ2lzV2LLwM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Found some medium retardation from 2016:
youtube.com/watch?v=MOJfu5xLQ-s
>VR will revolutionise
>Education of kids
It will be exactly like teachers playing educational videos in class. Boring and gay.
>Remote control for nasa.
WRONG! OBJECTIVELY FACTUALLY WRONG!
There is a delay and robots on mars are controlled by programmed instructions because there is like a 1 minut lag. Literally worthless also what is wrong with having a normal screen?
Why is strapping a screen to your face magic?
Literally pointless because its not possible to control robots on mars in real time. For that you need to invent something that travels faster then light and this is truly revolutionary.
>Muh sports and concerts
retarded not worth the time to put on this crap to my face, monitor superior.
>Gaming
Point and laugh here.
>movie watching
my_sides.jpg

desu i see it being useful for flight and racing simulations

>desu i see it being useful for flight and racing simulations
I'm only asking for videos hyping it up nothing more you have some?

desu

Want to comment on the
>Remote control for nasa
assertion?

Not him, but is right about it being completely useless. Maybe for deep see robotics, but not interplanetary or even lunar missions. Nothing wrong with reading numbers off a screen.

Point is VR is anything but a meme. I am pretty sure the military is using that shit right now to train its pilots, they are prob also developing some remote controlled Mechs for all anyone knows

>Nothing wrong with reading numbers off a screen
Why not video on screen?
Remember you tilting your head will do shit because the camera is on a stand and using a key or joystic to move it is the real way its operated.

The NASA example has to be the most disprovable example of VR hype ever written.

>Point is VR is anything but a meme. I am pretty sure the military is using that shit right now to train its pilots,
Citation needed.
Also what the fuck is wrong with simply having a monitor in front of the pilot?

Pic related.

Attached: images.jpg (249x203, 11K)

>VR is dying
Classic.

true. it was dead on delivery

try dead on invention.

VR was always a meme. It was around since the 1990s, but people acted like Oculus was revolutionizing the world or something.
Pic related, I played this shit when I was like 9.
VR is a meme.

Attached: oldtimeyvr.jpg (500x627, 32K)

Can't die if you never were alive

>but people acted like Oculus was revolutionizing the world or something.
Yep. And I wanted to collect all these idiotic statements to have a catalog of things to bring up after the next big thing arrives.

I remember """"journalists """" conflating 360 video with VR and acting like 360 video is impossible without VR despite the fact that YouTube has 360 videos you can watch on your monitor only use the keyboard or mouse to look around.

Because 360 video is a interesting technology.
While VR is pure retardation.

Only now I realized it would be so great to have archived all the shit these """"journalists"""" did say, especially in video form.
They acted like its some magical orgasm dispenser or absolute infinite FTL travel drive (teleport to every place in the universe in 1 second regardless of the distance) and its my lost if they purged their retardation of the internet.

With strange eons even death may die.

VR is the future and anyone that disagrees has not tried proper VR (Rift+Touch or Vive or better).

VR is the future and anyone that disagrees has not tried proper VR (PSVR literally the only VR that matters)

I tried a vr helmet with Quake 1 at some store back in the day, I could barely see anything, but when I took it off I gave two thumbs up and said how amazing it was.
vr now is leaving the meme zone.

Remember when Steve Jobs said the Seg-gay would change the world?

It's just bullshit over-hyped futurism.

>Seg-gay
SAGWAY its bigger then the internet!
>It's just bullshit over-hyped futurism
You realize oculus was a scam to be sold to the biggest rich idiot? This is why the creators of oculus are rolling in their facebook money while zuck has only hot garbage he is trying to make profitable the same for the DOT COM bubble. Make something you know is worthless hype it up and sell it to a rich idiot who thinks its the future.

Boom modern business explained to you.

I think you are all being very myopic by dismissing VR as a useless meme. It may be relatively new tech (don't even start on the 90s bullshit, it's not the same) but there's no reason to believe it won't improve to a level where we'll wonder how anyone ever did without. It's like TV to radio, or bbs to irc, or LCD to CRT.

We can however agree on one thing: Fuck Oculus and fuck Facebook. Pick up the new Valve headset for the modding support and futureproofing.

First and foremost, VR is for fucking video games.
Try saying "xyz video game will change the world" with a straight face.

VR WILL change video games forever though. We're just getting hand motion tracking and it looks awesome.
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=92&v=GJ2lzV2LLwM

Keep in mind, this is only 2nd generation technology. In the future we'll get 3d point cloud room mapping so you can re-texture your crummy bachelor apartment in real time, the ability for multiple units to operate in a single space, wireless systems, and cheaper prices.

Right now VR is int he same stage that early video games were in, that is they're cost prohibitive and more suited to an arcade style business venture where you rent the system. Unfortunately arcades have been dead for decades so people aren't use to the idea of "going out" to play video games. Given more time VR will enter the "home console phase" that early video games did where it becomes more affordable and every kid gets one under their Christmas tree.

Just remember, we're still in the early days of VR.

ITT: autisimos that need their info to be spoon-fed to them via reddit instead of being able to look it up for themselves.

Only onions fags like VR. As depicted in OP's image.

>Only onions fag
don't you mean soi fags?

Good goy. Pay for your overpriced base stations. Valve are the good guys :^)

Make the base stations yourself with Arduinos faggot, I don't care.