Underdisplay cameras shown off today by Oppo, and minutes later by Xiaomi

Underdisplay cameras shown off today by Oppo, and minutes later by Xiaomi
Oppo: twitter.com/oppo/status/1135393369113280512
Xiaomi: twitter.com/atytse/status/1135431372414234624
The notch and periscope era is finally going to end for good

Attached: file.png (750x724, 426K)

Other urls found in this thread:

asia.nikkei.com/Spotlight/5G-networks/China-in-pole-position-for-5G-era-with-a-third-of-key-patents
phoneradar.com/top-9-evidence-of-huaweis-backdoor-ip-theft-alleged-hacking-reports/
inkstonenews.com/tech/how-us-accuses-china-stealing-american-technology/article/2152583
freebeacon.com/national-security/chinese-spies-engaged-massive-theft-u-s-technology/
manufacturing.net/article/2012/01/how-china-stealing-our-secrets
ft.com/tour.
ft.com/content/2ee985c2-14f8-11e6-b197-a4af20d5575e
washingtonpost.com/opinions/keep-the-chinese-government-away-from-5g-technology/2019/04/01/ba7a30ac-54b3-11e9-9136-f8e636f1f6df_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.47f69be6e8bd
businessinsider.com/china-stealing-us-technology-boost-undersea-warfare-capabilities-2018-4
nytimes.com/2018/06/22/technology/china-micron-chips-theft.html
washingtonpost.com/gdpr-consent/?destination=/lifestyle/style/journalists-cant-ignore-hacked-data-meant-to-disrupt-elections-but-heres-what-they-can-do/2019/04/26/4ff6a0fa-6785-11e9-a1b6-b29b90efa879_story.html?utm_term=.11b39434dc31&tid=sm_fb&fbclid=IwAR3Tn-er7uUneKFzRjHEGRp_pBK9iYeSwojySs27k807mZSIw9BA7mNVDmw&fbclid=IwAR3Tn-er7uUneKFzRjHEGRp_pBK9iYeSwojySs27k807mZSIw9BA7mNVDmw&utm_term=.71087ee8249e
cnbc.com/2019/02/28/1-in-5-companies-say-china-stole-their-ip-within-the-last-year-cnbc.html
washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/china-hacked-a-navy-contractor-and-secured-a-trove-of-highly-sensitive-data-on-submarine-warfare/2018/06/08/6cc396fa-68e6-11e8-bea7-c8eb28bc52b1_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.2f89b28e302d
money.cnn.com/2018/01/25/technology/china-us-sinovel-theft-conviction/index.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Cannot wait for Apple to claim they invented this.

>Implying chinks didn't just steal it

To be fair all of this Chinese brand will ship first with dozen of problems and shitty software experience

Just to have apple-chad come in 2021, copy the shit of out it but actually make it good , just so everyone else forgets about all this shitty Chinese implementation

Only to come a year later in every Moto G9 or whatever

Can someone explain the need to make the entire front of the phone a screen?

Seems pointless unless the point is to make the phone smaller definitely isn't happening.

The Pixel 4 better have this instead of a fucking notch otherwise I'll keep using my Pixel 2 until a non-XL Pixel becomes bezel-less with no notch.

I bet you think this is stylish and usable, don't you?

Attached: history-iphone-4-hero.jpg (1600x1200, 247K)

Not that but I'd take an iPhone SE.

Side bezels are maximum comfy
Otherwise you have inputs you dont want from palm/fingers

something like this would be ideal, with bottom bezel being just slightly larger to add in three capacitive buttons.

Attached: .jpg (660x591, 61K)

>stylish
ehh
>usable
absolutely

>Capacitive buttons
Into the trash it goes.

on screen buttons are garbage since everything is OLED, and the apple/knockoff google gesture bar is even more so.

Attached: .jpg (1456x729, 58K)

Who the fucks wants this? Who the fuck complains about tear drop notch? How you ever owned one? Its literally invisible after a day of use.
Enjoy your shitty ass camera quality.

Everything China is producing they stole it from USA, literally everything.

>CHINA STEALS EVERYTHING

asia.nikkei.com/Spotlight/5G-networks/China-in-pole-position-for-5G-era-with-a-third-of-key-patents

meanwhile usa companies are nowhere to be found

the pixel 4 glass shield already leaked, and the screen camera layout is exactly the same as the galaxy s10+

>dem stealz muh jibs
>dem stilll muh teck

LMAO, get the fuck out of here chink bootlicker.

phoneradar.com/top-9-evidence-of-huaweis-backdoor-ip-theft-alleged-hacking-reports/

Not an argument.

Fug. Guess I'll save my money for the Pixel 5.

Attached: 1537974112132.png (790x692, 791K)

>top 9 alleged
Do you wanna talk about CPU backdoors?

Attached: 1551938279395.gif (511x512, 105K)

Not an argument.

> The United States Trade Representative, which led the seven-month investigation into China's intellectual property theft and made recommendations to the Trump administration, found that "Chinese theft of American IP currently costs between $225 billion and $600 billion annually."

>Those numbers are in line with a 2017 report from the Commission on the Theft of American Intellectual Property.

Seconded

From whom? From themselves?
>my iPhones are made in the US: the post

Not an argument.

inkstonenews.com/tech/how-us-accuses-china-stealing-american-technology/article/2152583

>Trump said this, Trump said that
>National security
Fuck off, there are no US phone manufacturers.

>hey look another WMD IN IRAQ case

>we tried so far to ban huawei in the world but
>our five eyes countries is now four eyes cause uk went with huawei
>japan got both eu and huawei
>eu flips us as always

>WE WUZ STRUNG AND SHIT
>WE HAZ EVIDENCEZ
>LOOK LOOK CHINA BAD THIS AND THAT CHINA STEALS
>YOU DONT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT FACTS JUST OUR WORDS

>accusations
are not proofs

Not an argument.

freebeacon.com/national-security/chinese-spies-engaged-massive-theft-u-s-technology/

how do you tape over the camera if its under the screen??

Not an argument.

manufacturing.net/article/2012/01/how-china-stealing-our-secrets

Keep repeating "Trump said this, Trump said that" and "national security" all you like, US phone manufacturers still won't exist.

>ITS BAD WHEN CHINA DOES IT
>ITS OK WHEN USA DOES THE SAME SHIT TO ITS ALLIES

Please use the sharing tools found via the share button at the top or side of articles. Copying articles to share with others is a breach of FT.com T&Cs and Copyright Policy. Email [email protected] to buy additional rights. Subscribers may share up to 10 or 20 articles per month using the gift article service. More information can be found at ft.com/tour.

Jean-Baptiste Carpentier, head of the newly created Strategic Intelligence and Economic Security unit, said Paris realised how vulnerable it was three years ago. Edward Snowden, the former US government contractor, alleged then that the US National Security Agency had engaged in corporate espionage for decades — and that France was one of its main targets in Europe.

get rekt rednecks

>tabloid articles
are not proofs

Not an argument.

washingtonpost.com/opinions/keep-the-chinese-government-away-from-5g-technology/2019/04/01/ba7a30ac-54b3-11e9-9136-f8e636f1f6df_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.47f69be6e8bd

it is obviously in one specific place, the same as the underdisplay fingerprint scanner

>Underdisplay cameras
That's scary, I won't even be able to trust future monitors.

Not an argument.

businessinsider.com/china-stealing-us-technology-boost-undersea-warfare-capabilities-2018-4

JUST PUT TAPE ON THE SCREEN! 4head

Keep going, but your country still doesn't manufacture smartphones.

If you own a phone you don't own privacy, whatever your fear is you are already a slave to it.

Not an argument.

nytimes.com/2018/06/22/technology/china-micron-chips-theft.html

>unironically using businessinside as a source
>wsj as a source

>"Don’t publish weaponized gossip. Verify relentlessly. Nail down, and emphasize, the source of the hack and its motivation. And be transparent with news consumers," Margaret Sullivan writes.

washingtonpost.com/gdpr-consent/?destination=/lifestyle/style/journalists-cant-ignore-hacked-data-meant-to-disrupt-elections-but-heres-what-they-can-do/2019/04/26/4ff6a0fa-6785-11e9-a1b6-b29b90efa879_story.html?utm_term=.11b39434dc31&tid=sm_fb&fbclid=IwAR3Tn-er7uUneKFzRjHEGRp_pBK9iYeSwojySs27k807mZSIw9BA7mNVDmw&fbclid=IwAR3Tn-er7uUneKFzRjHEGRp_pBK9iYeSwojySs27k807mZSIw9BA7mNVDmw&utm_term=.71087ee8249e
>DONT TRUST ANONYMOUS SOURCES FROM ANYONE BUT US
>reads the article
>anonoymous source
>geverment officials
>literally not a single name
>filled with mukriness

great link

if you look closely at the video, the screen in the area where the camera is needs to be powered off for the camera to capture from behind the display
aka with the whole display lit, the camera only sees a big amount of light from the display, making the capture impossible

There might be a software workaround for this. As I see the screen needs to be black where the camera is when it's active. You might be able force some kind of overlay picture on the screen with root that makes it unable to see through the display.

>tabloid articles
are not proofs

>that hideous fucking bumper case
kys boomer, you probably wear cargo shorts in the winter as well.

Not an argument.

cnbc.com/2019/02/28/1-in-5-companies-say-china-stole-their-ip-within-the-last-year-cnbc.html

But my phone I know about, in the future I won't be able to tell if my laptop has a front facing camera or not by just looking at it and the thought of that makes me uneasy.

they actually did, sorta
years and years ago, but it was like a bunch of ideas for camera placement, and one of variants was a camera under the display, positioned right in center of it. that was kinda their thing, they did a filing for notebook camera too
there is a more recent patent, but it doesn't really describe the technology
this idea is so basic, it's hard to claim any originality in that idea itself or stealing of technology when it's inconclusive, undocumented and unpatented, and honestly, seems like apple for the longest time didn't really have a grip on how to actually make it, or even have an actual interest in that beyond just broadly patenting their bullshit

>Enjoy your shitty ass camera quality.
It's front camera that has ALWAYS been shit.

Aren't you tired of this bullshit already? You're just grasping at straws and you spamming this thread doesn't pop smartphone manufacturers in the US into existence.

What the fuck do you care, you already own a device that listens, watches and records your movement 24/7.
If you really cared about your privacy you would not use a phone.

>makes it unable to see through the display
Yeah, im sure it can't be exploited in any kind of way.

That's not a case though brainlet

>tabloid articles
are not proofs

One in five North American-based corporations on the CNBC Global CFO Council says Chinese companies have stolen their intellectual property within the last year. In all, 7 of the 23 companies surveyed say that Chinese firms have stolen from them over the past decade.

doesnt even list a single company on the god damn article
nor even what the IP theft was about

trusted site

search for apple under display camera patents
it's there but it's mostly shallow shit

Not an argument.

washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/china-hacked-a-navy-contractor-and-secured-a-trove-of-highly-sensitive-data-on-submarine-warfare/2018/06/08/6cc396fa-68e6-11e8-bea7-c8eb28bc52b1_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.2f89b28e302d

>unironically posting wsj as a source about anything

You linking washingtonpost is also not an argument

Not an argument.

money.cnn.com/2018/01/25/technology/china-us-sinovel-theft-conviction/index.html

Simply spamming
>Not an argument.
And posting tabloid articles didn't actually provide any credibility to your accusations.

>ads in the settings app

no thanks, fuck xaiomshit

But there is nothing to argue against? Linking things is not arguing you fucking 12 year old retard

and the pentagon patented the perpetual machine
>they fuck my wife and castrate my kids but since they also steal my tech so it's ok!

>Yeah, im sure it can't be exploited in any kind of way.
When you're buying chinese phones with communist party approved firmwares this should be the least of your worries.

What if I don't own a phone? I don't know why you bring up something irrelevant to my post. My phone has 3 visible lenses, I know about the possibilities. Future devices could be marketed without cameras but still have one under the display and that's, again, what makes me uneasy.

Can you imagine how pathetic that person is in real life?

>A top Chinese wind turbine maker has been found guilty in the U.S

>in the U.S

saving a big company from bankrupcy with the pertext of ip theft from china

Anyone complaining about this is an absolute moron who shouldn't be allowed to use a smartphone in the first place. You have a window with ad settings to review just as you're setting up your phone. Not to mention that there are other ways of blocking ads and the option of not using MIUI at all on Xiaomi devices.

Cringiest poster I found today.

Attached: 1540984966015.png (799x628, 341K)

Point still stands, and is even worse then.

Then thing about it from a marketer's standpoint. Nobody gives a fuck about your ugly mug or whatever's in front of you while using your phone. There are better ways to find oit avout you with your phone than cameras

>doesnt know about xiaomi.eu

How? The phone was specifically designed to be drop resistant.

this

I'm just curious, would you say there's a difference between a camera your landlord installed behind your bathroom mirror and your phone camera?

holy fuck that cope

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 88K)

And yet it's a mutant of fashionable sportswear and a poor attempt at industrial design.

Attached: panasonic_toughpad_fz_f1_fz_n1.jpg (800x590, 74K)

Obviously the physical differences
I fully acknowledge that in an age of accessible luxury there is simply no true privacy

>WE WUZ STRUNG AND SHIT

LOL. MacArthur had the right idea. He just let that pussy Truman get in the way. ;)

this, why does the americlap think IP is good in the first place, is he jewish?

Aren't Americans all Jewish a bit? I think, there's a little bit of Jew in every American.

Stop building your shit in China, and you won't have this problem. What do you expect ?

they cant compute when they learn that huawei has actually patented their own shit on eu and us

Back when I had an OLED phone, I turned off the buttons and used "swipe up from offscreen" gestures instead. It works perfectly well and takes up no screen space at all.

looks like you didnt learn anything from caselabs eh user?

they were forced to sell their cases +30% when trump imposed the tarrifs essentially making the whole company to go bankrupt

just scale that to """murican""" manufacturing

I'm American and don't combust under UV light, so no

Chinks stink and should be killed

OLED is garbage on a cell phone, change my mind.

Desu, the USA only exists because some Spainard stole compass and paper map technology from China.

>when US does it it's OK
What a brainwashed retard.

meme to milk normies

>Implying everyone needs front camera
I don't give a shit about front camera and I would be glad if they remove it entirely. But such thing will never happen so at least I don't have to see it anymore.

cellphones are one of the only decent applications for OLED
t. OLED phone man

Transparent oled is lg's innovashun

I fucking wish phones still look like this. There's no other option but Xperia on the market if you just want a smartfone not a fucking meme for "watching movies" and "making photos".

next stop, under screen microphone and speakers.

it's almost like 90% of the functionality comes from the screen so having as large a screen as possible is a good thing you fucking retard
can you not seriously take 30 seconds to contemplate why having a big screen is a good thing instead of instantly trying to be contrarian for the sake of it
>muh accidental touches
this got solved via software updates years ago
>muh need to hold the phone
if your hands are touching the screen when you watch a video you have the motor skills of a genuine crippled mongoloid fuck

This is the real reason Trump is starting a trade war with China.
Americans can't keep up with Chinese when it comes to technology and trade.
How does it feel knowing "the West" won't exist in 2030?

Attached: drumpf.png (803x428, 271K)