Why don't they use Ryzen and Threadripper?

Why don't they use Ryzen and Threadripper?

Attached: knowledge_graph_logo.png (302x302, 10K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tomshardware.com/news/apple-mac-arm-cpus-2020-intel,38668.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosetta_(software)
youtube.com/watch?v=A4T8o5LS2KY
youtu.be/xRDgVS5KZ_E?t=772
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Tdp

Because they invested in their own chips so now they just need to finish transitioning the MacOS to ARM. No point changing your reliance to another x86 company when your main cash flow is from the iphone and you already invested billions into something that can be adapted for your other product categories

Wrong
Right

They're going to use ARM. Today they will announce their transition to ARM. Even Intel thinks they'll be doing this.
tomshardware.com/news/apple-mac-arm-cpus-2020-intel,38668.html

Isnt that throwing compatibility for 99,999% of desktop software out the window

Maybe they'll emulate x86

this. if they can develop a laptop capable CPU like they developed for the iPhone the macbook will (most likely) the best laptop on market, despite the high pricepoint

honestly the more they can develop and implement in house the better. i love that kind of business model and wish more companies would try to adhere to the "our hardware, our software" service model

If so, we’re talking about a company that singlehandedly took down flash.

Yes, but Apple writes translation layers that allow you to run old software on a new architecture.
See: Rosetta
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosetta_(software)
This would be Apple's 2nd change in architecture. They moved from Motorola to PowerPC, PowerPC to x86, and now x86 to ARM.

Using homOSeX already throws compatibility out of the window for 99.999% of desktop software, and Apple don't give a shit about legacy support, as proven by their move to kill OpenGL. Mac-exclusive programs will simply transition to ARM and so will new ports. Everything else... buy an old machine.

legacy support is riddled with security vulnerabilities.

not always. the had a power pc compatability layer until osx lion i believe. it worked prertty well

Thanks for your expert analysis, Sanjay.

>Using homOSeX already throws compatibility out of the window for 99.999% of desktop software
MacOS is the only OS that can run Windows, Linux, and MacOS applications without a VM.

Attached: smug-010.jpg (373x372, 84K)

>wanting pajeet script kids to be able to hijack your system even though you're running AVG
go back to highschool Jacob dropping out because you hacked a local school webserver and becoming a Jow Forums mouthpiece isn't a good long term move

>without a VM
elaborate

Yes sir thank you sir I am writing these coding now sir to stop the security virus from hacking this computers.

AMD doesn't have any suitable mobile chips. Also something, something TB3.

Besides obviously this. They have by far the best ARM CPU already, why giving control to another company and risking that they drop the ball as hard as Intel, when they can have more control over their hardware AND make more jew gold at the same time.

Hopefully. Legacy trash should be purged every couple decades, it's a performance and security nightmare. MS stills has to constantly deal with Office Macros exploits because of fucking boomers. Apple is the only company who'd have the balls to do it. Besides, it's not like there is even much software on MacOS, the big companies will follow the money and release ports in no time.

MacOS can run MacOS applications.
Since MacOS is x86, you can install wine on it like any other *nix OS and run Windows applications without a VM
Since MacOS is just another flavor of *nix, it can run most linux applications natively. It even has a package manager called "brew" to do this for you.

youtube.com/watch?v=A4T8o5LS2KY

t. cannot understand how using deprecated software/hardware is extremely bad practice

Not enough security vulnerabilities

>Hopefully. Legacy trash should be purged every couple decades, it's a performance and security nightmare. MS stills has to constantly deal with Office Macros exploits because of fucking boomers. Apple is the only company who'd have the balls to do it. Besides, it's not like there is even much software on MacOS, the big companies will follow the money and release ports in no time.
this
idiot

Because the vast majority of Macs sold are laptops and Ryzen so far hasn't been good for laptops.

Intel gives them chips for peanuts.

Maybe not the best thread for it but I'm just too triggered to ignore it, and never noticed it before.
youtu.be/xRDgVS5KZ_E?t=772
(12:52)
They put a fucking fan into a laptop without connecting it to the CPU in any way whatsoever. What the fuck.

>calling someone who was agreeing with you an idiot
Mac users really are the biggest drooling fucking retards on the planet.

Looks like it still forms an airflow channel over the heatsink, it's just not directly on top of it to save vertical space. This is how low-profile server cooling systems work for example.

Attached: 1U_rack_mount_server_cooling_system_fan_heat-sink.jpg (1200x932, 435K)

>but I'm just too triggered to ignore it,
If you keep looking you'll find something to trigger you.
Even if you don't understand what you're looking at. And you certainly know nothing about 1RU servers, and not just Apple ones.

Their faggot fans think that they are selling you the best and not ripping you off and Intel brand's shinier, so they have to use that.

discounts, obviously

they will use arm

>le epyc mac arm maymay xDD
No
The reason is simple: contractual obligations with Intel

not sure if troll or just a retard

>If you keep looking
I just watched the video for performance comparison since I'm not too optimistic about ARM coming anytime soon and might have to get the crappy 12" 2017 version, which apparently is only 10% slower than Air from 2018, despite being fanless and having an older CPU.

The air seems directed a lot more ... direct towards all components, plus at least the heat sink is chopper. Besides looking at the temps, the Air fan does almost nothing too, so it's not like it only looks stupid, it also barely functions; while adding a fan, extra weight and extra thickness.

Intel issues started since Skylake or so. Surely Apple wouldn't be dumb enough for long term contracts with them afterwards. They did abandon them for 5G modems too.

They cant abandon Intel because them will not validate their TB3 implementation to begin.

That won't matter since USB4 is literally TB3 without the onerous licensing requirements and fees.

Surely they could make a deal just for that, and pay them a premium. Seeing what AMD does with servers and how losing Apple would hurt them pretty badly, Intel isn't in the position to be picky.

>wish more companies would try to adhere to the "our hardware, our software" service model
Cringe
I want to be able to change just about anything in my computer

Sounds reasonable, but I dont think they will risk another migration, even when they simply can license a ZEN IP before and dont lose the x86 code base.
Sadly, Arm macs are a Bloomberg meme yet.

By this logic, linux can do all that

he (you) were saying the exact opposite of what I agree with you fucking moron

and I want to be sure I know who the fuck is to blame if my data is compromised.

even without worrying about security - if you can't see the performance benefits of a fully integrated system you're just another Jow Forums ideological forwarding smoothbrained retard who just repeats the bullshit they see here without actually thinking for themselves

t. works for IBM India.

I am and told people to buy an old machine if they want legacy support. Learn to read English, you retarded fucking shitskin.

>uses buzzword like some brainlet
>blames people for thinking he's a brainlet

Fuck that. I want to go back to the pre-Wintel monopoly days, when every computer company had its own custom chipset and OS, bringing actual competition and dynamism to the market, instead of this flaccid Intel vs. AMD vs. NVIDIA pissing match we've had since the 90s. Apple could be the company that finally brings the x86 duopoly to an end, once everyone sees just how much better and cooler the A-series runs in a conventional laptop form factor.

Also, having a custom chipset doesn't preclude you from designing a modular chassis that can accommodate extra third-party parts, or using an external bus like TB3.

Nice.
I get a computer for a third the price computers costed back then.
You are basically saying the whole market has been wrong for 30 years.

>I get a computer for a third the price computers costed back then.

Price isn’t the only metric of market health. 25+ years under the same software company and the same hardware company is not good.

I'm serious, that's what they did when transitioning from PowerPC to x86

>macintosh are the only machines that can run Windows, Linux and MacOS applications without a VM
FTFY

The problem with mac os is they have libraries written and optimized for intel.