Sitting technology

are these chairs a scam?
how does Jow Forums prevent back problems?
I'm turning 30 this year and spend all day sitting at pc for work and then more...

Attached: balans-chairs-variable-balans-kneeling-chair-relax-the-back.jpg (600x600, 47K)

I also would like to know more

Bump. Want to know this aswell.

i have a similar chair from ikea, i like it but the knee cushion got smashed after 5 months, now my knees/leg bone hurt a bit aftet a while but got used to it
the ikea one was kinda cheap so maybe you can find a better one somewhere, if anyone knows better, please tell

stop sitting

The idea behind them is that they lessen the angle the pelvis is put at which puts less strain on the lower back and therefore less rounding of the upper back.

Although the best thing to do is to get a standing desk with a high chair for options and get up and walk around every so often.

34, back is already trashed, I’m beyond help.

We used to have these chairs at my old job and I personally didn't like them. Wikipedia even references a damn study about these things. Found a whole field of sitting science I didn't need to know about.
From what I remember, they were only good if you set them up properly, making sure the knee rest was just at the right angle and height off the ground, otherwise it put too much pressure on the knees or your legs got sore. Didn't like them since maintaining a straight posture required that your desk was at the exact height where your arms fell at the elbow, and the chairs we had were at a set height so the short workers had to stretch out their backs/necks, and tall workers were slouching over. They're bad if you need to get off-on them multiple times. Sometimes after walking around all day, you just want to sit back, couldn't with these.

standing is a meme

my uncle and cousin are cooks and got their legs and circulation destroyed by years of standing in the kitchen

Over-bending your knees like in OP image is awful, putting even more weight on it would be worse still.
Those chairs only work for very dainty women as their own bodyweight does not damagingly squash their nerves and vascular system.
(hint, doesn't matter whether you're a skinny asian child or obese white giant - your nerves and bloodvessel all have the same mechanical properties (further hint, well that's not strictly true, healthy people have more flexible fiber, your body even reacts to this within 1 hour of eating a cup of blueberries) )
So, what do? Exercise by cycling stationary or moving, 3 times per week at least. (Research how to do this properly, its incredibly easy chronically to fuck yourself up by cycling) Eat healthy every day, stupid amounts of vegs and always some fruit, biology is never not paying attention.

>They're bad if you need to get off-on them multiple times.
why?

hey it's the lisa simpson chair

That's why I said get a high chair to give yourself options. I'm also sure your relatives didn't fuck up their circulation by standing.

chaor for intellectuals
also sip on Dr. Pepper while sitting on it

Attached: lisa3.jpg (275x320, 22K)

Having to get off and on caused some near trips on my own legs, and the damn chair was always falling over, especially if you needed to rush off them. Think my old employer just bought the cheapest, crappiest models at the time though.

The one in the picture is a scam, since it doesn't appear to be adjustable at all, and it is used at a table that isn't height-adjustable.
The only way these chairs make any sense at all is if you talk to an orthopedist and adjust both the chair and the table perfectly. If you don't, these do more harm than good.

I could see this chair work with something like this as an addition

Attached: 1559557309598.jpg (600x600, 62K)

>I could see this chair work with something like this as an addition
There is
It's sold separately

Can you find a space to stretch at work? I do a two or three five minute routines a day.
It's easy for me because my company encourages it.

not at all

Standing FOR TO LONG is the meme
4 or 5 hours a day will be good for you

Never used one but as a cyclist they make a lot of sense to me, distributing your weight between more areas of your body should be more comfortable than putting all of it on your butt; however, same as a bicycle, I assume they need proper fitting to each person's body.

>Standing FOR TO LONG is the meme
fuck this, at my old work i had to stand for 7.5 hours a day, on top of moving pc boxes and components. shit sucked

Oy vey!

>not at all
>Standing FOR TO LONG is the meme
>4 or 5 hours a day will be good for you
That's my point
A working day is 8 hours

>Oy vey!
It's swedish and the chair alone is over 200$ lmao

Don't worry, user, nothing will change.
I'm already 30 and everything's same.
However... I heard some boomers saying that when you turn 34 everything starts to ache

I have a problem with my back (disk bulge in my L4 disk) and I have to do gay ass exercise band shit to strengthen my core and lower back. Do you think this is a good way to promote posture and make my lower back work harder (hard enough to strengthen it)? Did you feel your core or your lower spine open up and get stronger?

I want to be that chair.

Doesn't this chair makes farts uncomfortable?

Attached: 1545438234459.jpg (750x741, 124K)

you can't fart at work anyway

What do you mean?

I need a chair for my office
I won't fart in it

You're not farting in office?
I literally do it everyday, my chair has nice foam, which mostly absorbs sound and smell

>and smell
lol no
they know

I bet they call you "stinky" behind your back

>they know
Doubt that. I usually fart without smell. There was that one time though... But I don't think they smelled it. At least, that's what I like to think.
They don't call me in any way, I don't talk much, just come in and do my job.

>not pinching your cheeks on the sly and parping a wee one out near that hot 8.5/10 brunette gym bunny coworker that sits in earshot, risking it all for the rush
you haven't lived user.

>I usually fart without smell.
you're probably just used to your filth

lmao, how filth is related to farts?
protip: it's not
Everybody farts

farts smell

office 8.5/10 or real 8.5/10?

>how does Jow Forums prevent back problems?
dont spend long amounts of time sitting
when do do sit change position often
the fault is in the workplace for expecting you to sit at a desk for hours at a time

Attached: ted-ideas-worth-spreading.jpg (300x300, 53K)

yeah ok lets not go overboard
im self-employed and I have a couch that I spend most of the day on, seeing programming is mostly thinking and not typing
the romans used to do this, but it fell out of fashion and now wageslaves spend all day sitting upright giving themselves back problems

>im self-employed and I have a couch that I spend most of the day on, seeing programming is mostly thinking and not typing
you will be replaced by AI in 5 to 10 years
learn a real trade

I wasn't aware there was a difference. but real.

>the chair alone is over 200$
lmao. I'd just build one myself. might take 100 hours to get everything down, but hey, atleast I can make sure that it dosen't break down within a couple of weeks, like any other chair I've ever owned.

>atleast I can make sure that it dosen't break down within a couple of weeks, like any other chair I've ever owned.
did you try weighing less than 160lbs/80kg?

can't really tell, i can only tell that my ass doesn't hurt anymore when i get up the chair after hours

computers can't think creatively, I'm never going to be replaced, only people in "trades" will be replaced
sound like you're projecting

Not always. I don't know what you eat or how often you take a shit, but if it's not junk food and you shit weekly, it's fine. Only thing is, that at the end of the week (or when you want to go for No. 2) it starts to smell. Only then. In my case it's usually Saturday or Sunday, so I'm fine.

>>computers can't think creatively,
they will not need to

>you shit weekly
jesus christ

one should produce solid stools daily

they will to do creative work, obviously, programming isn't data entry unless you're at the bottom of the barrel

I don't like using office toilets

>shit weekly
is this why Americans spend half an hour in the toilet?

you don't go home after your work?

that means less weight sat on your disks as your whole back is actaully working to stablize you. This is a good thing.

Can't do it after holding back all day. Usually I need one full day to relax and go back to normal.

Best position is Japanese style in front of a low table

Takes a while to get used to but it works

Also avoid using a mattress and pillow when sleeping if you can, does good things for your back

Chairs have been a disaster for the human race. Sit on the floor.

Attached: virgin_chair_chad_floor.jpg (650x443, 188K)

>how does Jow Forums prevent back problems?
Sit properly, on a properly adjusted chair with a properly adjusted desk. First of all, you should sit largely straight, with a 90 deg (or a bit more) angle between the backrest and the seat. There should be adjustable lumbar support for your lower back and the height of the chair should be adjusted such that your feet comfortably rest on the ground with your knees relaxed, once again at a 90 deg angle (you can also use a foot rest, then your legs would be more stretched out).

The chair should have adjustable arm rests which are positioned at the same height as the desk and you should use them to support your forearm (note: no weight on your elbow). Get a mouse that is fairly large and make sure your wrist is not touching the desk/mousepad, your hand should be resting completely relaxed on top of the mouse while your arm's weight is supported by the armrest, through your forearm. Elbows should also be at a roughly 90 deg angle. Monitor should be adjusted such that the top of the screen is around your eye level.

Also I hear that adjustable, motorized desks are all the rage nowadays, that way you can periodically adjust your desk between standing and sitting, never waiting too long in either position. You can switch every hour or something. I personally haven't done that since I haven't had any real back issues, as long as I actually sit properly, as described above. You should still stand up and walk around a bit every once in a while anyway.

>Best position is Japanese style in front of a low table
say sayonara to your knee cartilage

except we're not robots and we get lazy/slouchy

That's your problem. If you sit most of the day, or a large chunk of the day, you should at least take care to not damage yourself by sitting properly and having a chair with sufficient adjustments to make it match your body.

It puts no pressure on your knees, weight is all on your shins if you do it right

Does anyone use one of those big ass balls for a chair?
Thinking of trying it, my back is completely fucked and at the moment normal chairs cause intense pain after a couple of minutes.

>Does anyone use one of those big ass balls for a chair?
it's pride month after all

sitting upright will damage your back no matter how "properly" you think you're doing it

If you say so, hasn't damaged mine in 30 years.

Yeah they’re not bad but better and more convenient to learn how to sit Japanese style in my opinion

Main issue I had with the ball was I always needed to inflate it, maybe other balls don’t have the same problem

>If you say so, hasn't damaged mine in 30 years.
hurr
why do you think people start getting back pain in their 40s?
you just can't see the damage yet

>hasn't

Attached: 11010293838.jpg (300x204, 26K)

>better and more convenient to learn how to sit Japanese style in my opinion
yeah and get fired 5 min later

>in their 40s?
We've got people in this very thread complaining about it in their 20s, while another says he cannot sit properly because he's too "lazy".

not everyones the same, but if you spend long periods of time per day sitting it's going to take a toll on you sooner or later

not me bro

When you have energy, or even when you feel a bit tired, sit up straight, ark your back a bit and sit up straight.

When you don't, lean back and enjoy yourself. It's not hard. Just don't be lazy, and fat.

I’ve tried that since it’s a comfortable position for my back, but my knees get sore fast. Might give it another shot though.
Also been thinking about getting a Japanese style futon too. Tossed my bed since I thought it might be contributing to back pain and tried a Mayan hammock which is alright but not a solution for a solid night sleep imo, currently sleeping on the ground lol, but I’d appreciate at least a little padding.

Why the fuck is modern western life so unergonomic? I literally feel past out doors roughing it sleeping on a thin sleeping pad and rarely if ever sitting down beyond aoccasional squatting.

we need free fall rooms
weightlessness is the most comfy

Attached: qkojaz0j1k.jpg (1024x576, 37K)

achkually austronats get problems in their bones due to spending months at zero G,
our skelly and muscles are made to sustain 1G at all times

not me bro

It will be tiring for you. You will most likely have worse posture once your body is too tired from holding your back up straight.

The only thing research about sitting has consistently shown is that sitting for long periods of time is very bad and that there's likely no "ideal position" for sitting in for hours at a time. If you're an average human being then the best advice is: every hour, get up and go for a short walk (even just around the room) and stretch a bit.

Lift heavy weights at the gym after work.

I'm straight

Would use that to squat on while rocking it like an autistic kid

Alternate between sitting and standing you big dumb motherfucker. 4 hours sitting, 4 hours standing. Also kill yourself.

if i were to meet you irl i would suck and inhale your penis lick your ding-dong to the max

Thanks I'm not gay

No, these are an actual business where people take stupid shit from patented ideas and produce them into sale through tv informercials, so stupid fucking people like you think its a thing
works better if the majority of people are pretty fucking stupid (ie: hipsters, sjws, pledditors)

>Like

I've tried some chairs but the best high end are Hara chairs. Way better than the steelcase leap.

i'm 25 and feels bad to be diagnosed with L5-S1 disc bulging. cant blame anyone.. except my shitty posture. at least lesson learnt.

Attached: Untitled-design-e1476408826746.png (857x573, 271K)