>tiny fan spins at full load
>can't really cool the cpu because the fan isn't even attached to the heat sink
>temp stays at 100 degrees until workload is over

Attached: 2.png (737x665, 337K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/xRDgVS5KZ_E?t=772
youtu.be/xRDgVS5KZ_E?t=790
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Well apple is know for doing things like this...

Not just Applel engineering desu, you can congratulate Intlel for some of the housefires as well.

Isn't there a tube or something to direct the hot air towards the fan? What exactly is the fan cooling then?

Yes, I'm sure some NEET shitposter who probably doesn't even have a BSc level education in engineering can come up with a better design in that form factor than the whole team at Apple.

congratulations
now youve thinked different

*breaths in*

Attached: 1554831300927.gif (540x304, 1.86M)

>seething iToddler

Attached: 1559510097807.jpg (1920x1693, 944K)

Sure, but every one manages atleast to connect a heatpipe or two or six from the CPU to a heatsink in front of the exhaust fan.
Apple's not even using air guides to ensure air flows past the heatsink first.
This is fucking atrocious. Even for modern Apple this is fucking terrible. My 2008 MacBook is just so much better engineered than this trash. I knew Apple had lost it a long time ago, but this is just something else.

I'm flabbergasted at how incompetent this is.

Holy shit, someone made a thread over a thing I noticed and posted about in another thread. Feels ... weird.

How about no fan at all while making the heatsink out of chopper, so it transfers the heat to the case?
Or doing the same fucking thing they did with Pro.

It's not as much a lolApplel and more of a lolAir issue, since the rest of their lineup doesn't have something this stupid going on.

this is how GPU blower fans work

Based

cooling a 7 watt chip really shouldn't require a fan even in a thin case

>BSc level education in engineering
Did you even make it through high school? Or are you just straight up retarded? I'm not even him.

but GPUs have better heat sinks, larger fans
and it certainly doesn't cook itself at 100C while maintaining a base clock freq

Attached: 3.png (589x647, 363K)

Blame Adobe and Intel for their shitty software and hardware (respectively). Somehow Final Cut is able to do 4K editing on a fanless m3 but Premiere can't do the same on an i7 without shitting itself.

How the fuck do you expect to fit an entire helicopter in there you retard

If you do cool it, it could run constantly on turbo speeds though. I'd prefer a fanless Air too but there is some merit it their approach too ... if it actually did much cooling. Instead it temps are about the same as the fanless MacBook.
youtu.be/xRDgVS5KZ_E?t=772

And given how similar their new internals are, even rushing doesn't quite explain how this could've happened. Maybe they intended to use a faster chip but got fucked by Intel in the last minute.

this really isnt exclusive to apple.

it is common practice to place the fan near the exhaust of the laptop, what should they do? put the cpu on the edge of your laptop?

user, wtf do you think heat pipes are for. not shilling for apple obviously but this is probably the most cost effective solution.

>heat pipes
Look closer, friend.

oh god fucking no.

i assumed they didn't fuck up this badly.

ignore everything i said before.

He didn't even imply that, but they already have a solution but for the MacBook Air apparently.

you're comparing desktop GPU size with a small laptop. retard.

the principle is the same though, the blower fan displaces air over a heatsink, but the fan is not on top of the heatsink.

>projection

This is peak retardation, if OP is not hiding information.

It's probably copper with the exterior coated for radiative cooling.

And you could come up with millions of alternatives like that. You need to show that they would actually work better to be taken seriously.

Apple could have made better decisions like Huawei here, while using a system fan, decided to put a large heat sink inside

Attached: 20180509_165900.jpg (4032x3024, 768K)

>would actually work better
So basically anything? Their solution does nothing. OP is a faggot for not linking the video. It's unlikely to be an engineering problem since even a random guy from the street couldn't possibly be inept enough to use a cooling solution that does no cooling.

youtu.be/xRDgVS5KZ_E?t=790

This is way over the top thought. Apple has no issues cooling any of their other laptops (sans that 6 core meme)

Shit, failed to link time.
13:10

Also my bad. "Their solution does nothing." was incorrect. Cooling on Macbook Air with the stupid fan is literally WORSE than on fanless 12" Macbook. Both using 7W chips.

>error aye look dey assidently put the fan in da romg spot instead of on da cppu
What is that image even supposes to show?

Attached: iu_11844_2052823.jpg (700x900, 75K)

In such a slim design air pressure has a reasonable part to play, the fan will still create some airflow over the heatsink, but taking the back panel off will remove most of this secondary airflow. This is not uncommon in thin and lights and is similar to how some GPUs thermal solutions work.

It's only a 7W part, but because the CPU is likely to turbo more than the MacBook with the Core M, it makes sense to have some kind of active cooling in there to stop the batteries also acting as a heatsink, since battery performance will dramatically be reduced if they are above 50-60C for sustained periods of time.

cont.

That being said it is a relatively underwhelming design. As much as the last air chassis was fairly miserable with the mediocre TN panel and low res, it could maintain about ~22W continuous draw at full pelt in a room. The Air now maxes out at about 10W in sustained workloads, however in Apple's defence this is not what the Air is marketed towards. It is underwhelming that the 5th-gen i5 Airs from 2015 perform comparably to this (4yrs later) and cost 4 used thinkpads more...

>INNOVATION

Attached: iboardimatipad.jpg (450x1338, 200K)

>not realizing NEET/gentoomen power levels
>not realizing we could easily outdesign better computers then applol and shitlel could
>not realizing the turbo autist NEETs on Jow Forums could design a better OS then micropajeet if we stopped shitposting and put our heads together

We are just being nice to micropajeet and applol. They should be thanking us for not raising our power levels and making top percentage laptops running templeOS. Their stockholders answer to us, we answer to terry.

Attached: terry.jpg (480x360, 14K)

yes?

Yes, its called "copying one that actually works and not shoving a 200 watt part in a tiny case"

>lust's for a women; actually has sexual intercourse without marriage with someone he doesn't know
>I'M SPEAK WITH GOD! I AM CHRISTIAN!

Attached: 1541677717956.jpg (638x1000, 92K)

MACTODDLERS BTFO

Attached: 1556386741876.gif (540x540, 279K)

>blame everyone but apple
Cope harder, iToddler

bass

nope
it's completely retarded

Attached: ldAiBubaymmGKnq5.jpg (1600x1200, 85K)

Umm sweety, he clearly said he wanted to remove the fan and install a helicopter instead
>How about no fan at all while making the heatsink out of a chopper

The form factor itself is retarded you dumb nigger

And blowers are total garbage

>the fan is literally just there to give you the illusion that a fan is doing work

Attached: 1455749429855.jpg (200x200, 35K)

Add a fucking heat pipe to carry the heat from the CPU heatsink to the fan. It might cost an ounce or so but it'll be worth it.
There, I came up with a better design.

Attached: 1559167828805.jpg (225x224, 8K)

It's an exhaust to remove hot air from inside the case. Still retarded though.

> Celsius
The absolute state of apple shit posting from irrelevant countries that have no actual influence on engineering

But if the Air performs decently enough, how do we get the goyim to spend more on another MacBook?
You're fired.

Do quiet notebooks even exist?

Through work I've had to encounter a variety of systems of a variety of companies and I have never ever had a fucking laptop that didn't make my ear bleeds.
Either it's a high-pitched fan like that Asus 3000rpm netbook with an aluminium chassis, an obnoxious uneven rotating noise from a larger fan or a madness-inducing background noise like the Surface's fan.

My next mobile device will be underpowered purely because I do not expect any company to actually make a quiet design with a fan, so I'll take something weak and fanless instead.

Correct me if I'm wrong. I don't fuck with macs. Bur if there is a heat sink there, is it under that middle battery? If it is, that's absurd.

I meant a heatsink pipe, not the heatsink on the CPU.

Other than increasing thermal mass it wouldn't change anything assuming a proper design.

There is a heatsink and it's not placed under the middle battery. Look at the OP picture ffs.

It would cool the CPU better than a vague breeze pulled past that crappy slim heatsink.

why does apple use heatpipes on it's other macbooks if it doesn't change anything?

Attached: heatsink.jpg (3672x1869, 1.43M)

>applel