youtube.com/watch?v=x3ov9USxVxY
youtube.com/watch?v=o6eIBE7Bo3U
youtube.com/watch?v=XDL569Ae5DE
youtube.com/watch?v=LD2oZ_VjtlI
youtube.com/watch?v=sB4RYBpwV0A
youtube.com/watch?v=NMmVipwwiHI
youtu.be/d4aIrWlfAGU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

606 though 909 i know, what did the 303 do well?

OP-1

303 is still big in techno
>OP-1
it was released like five years ago

some of most memorable sounds in techno. rave during 90s and early 00s was inseparable from 303 tone.

acid basslines

>tutitutututitutu

pew pew mostly
youtube.com/watch?v=yONNpQf87Co

BeOS

Attached: F4980030-3E16-493B-9607-31928BAF0B14.png (640x480, 17K)

Always wanted one of these as a kid. I loved the store demo where you had different buttons to test all the effects. Barely any games ended up supporting it and it was super expensive. Now they're sought after because it's pretty much the only good, affordable force feedback stick for flight sims. Just got my hands on one and it's a great piece of hardware.

Also, I have a x0xb0x, it's pretty sweet.

Attached: s-l1000.jpg (1000x1000, 81K)

Attached: 2600k.png (430x306, 324K)

Mechanical keyboards got literally resurrected from absolute death(outside from industries) because of vidya. Sadly not all kind of switches got benefited from that.

Attached: Untitled-7.png (1280x800, 1.33M)

I still have my old thrustmaster HOTAS system that required a MIDI/joystick port on your sound card. Are they worth anything?

Attached: f22pro.jpg (200x269, 8K)

OP-1 is a faggot

i wonder if they actually make a difference. desu i kinda liked my old microsoft wired desktop 600 over my mx black switches but they build quality and keycaps was a bit shit

ill give you 350円

A lot of people modify the Sidewinder by adding an extension and attaching a different stick. The one in your pic in particular is one of the best ones, cause it has a lot of hats and I believe it also has a dual stage trigger? They're useless as actual controllers though. People on e-bay are asking pretty silly prices for them though, like $40-60 just for the stick.

Does it work well?

thanks.

Yeah it works well. I had to replace the pots in the early 2000's but I haven't had it hooked up to any computer for about 10 years as it takes an old computer. The software on 3.5 floppies requires dos and the game port is ISA.

I was really into Janes Combat simulators as a teenager.

Attached: hotas_sm.jpg (3264x1836, 823K)

DCS is coming out with a new F16 module later this year, so maybe they'll go up in value when people seek them out to convert them to USB.

I'm considering building my own TB303 clone

it's just a shame its interface is such an unrepentant clusterfuck and so difficult to use

>it takes an old computer
you can use gameport/usb converter like pic related, they actually do the job pretty well

my logitech wingman extreme 3d works flawlessly

Attached: RockFire-USB-to-Gameport-RM-203.jpg (1024x1024, 54K)

It's really not hard to use. It only got that reputation because it was originally marketed to studio musicians for demos, and bassists were too retarded to figure out anything that isn't tabulature. Once you understand how to use it, it's very logical and comfy.

thanks, I wonder if I could run freedos in a vm to get the programming software to run. It was required since the joystick would send keyboard commands and you'd have to load a profile for every game.

When I got a bit more computer savvy I would write batch script wrappers that would load the profile before loading the game. Might be a fun weekend project.

well it works just fine with dosbox, you can try running your batchfiles there before running freedos in a vm

propellarhead software make a simulator back in the day that had a 303 and 808?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ReBirth_RB-338

Attached: Rebirth_rb-338_screenshot.png (347x288, 197K)

Yeah, they revived it in an ipad version. Neat, but the algo is probably shit by modern standards. D16 Phoscyon is the probably the best modern one.

youtube.com/watch?v=auqDg0Si1lE

>what did the 303 do well?

The 303 is arguably one of the 10 most important synthesizers of all time imo. You could argue some of the moogs, the 808 and 909, the prophet, mellotron and early samplers like the 950 were more/just as important

The interesting thing about it though is it was designed as a bass instrument compliment for people to play a guitar and such along with, but was terrible at it, and proved so damned awkward to program and use for this function it essentially didnt sell very well and ended up as unwanted.

They ended up sold for next to nothing in pawn shops in the mid to late 80s and a lot of bedroom musicians and such messed about with them producing repeating noises, these eventually made their way into tracks as basslines and melodies in stuff like 80s techno and hip hop, and house music, then became somewhat of a trope in early 90s electronica, trip hop and even in pop music and were on some huge records, no1s, multi million selling albums etc

You could buy one for like 40 bux in the late 80s, now they go for thousands and thousands of dollars.

youtube.com/watch?v=hPd_Mzuz_Uc

youtube.com/watch?v=aCjhRNe0oCs

youtube.com/watch?v=K_Ft8y-TMo8

youtube.com/watch?v=Ldfc68bxlB8

youtube.com/watch?v=Epgo8ixX6Wo

youtube.com/watch?v=x3ov9USxVxY

You get the idea (yes i know prodigy claustrophobic sting wasnt actually a 303)

nice list.
This has been a favorite of mine that is an homage to the 303.
youtube.com/watch?v=o6eIBE7Bo3U

It was just meant to be a loose guide showing how the 303 sound kind of started out in detroit techno scene and ended up on madonna tracks, kind of crazy really. Went from a niche underground thing to a chart music staple in 10 years.

FBS is awesome, heard he still uses an atari/falcon and cubase for his sequencing, which is rad for a mainstream artist in 2019, i know a few guys who still use ataris and amigas and akai/emu samplers for constructing tracks but they are all indie musicians.

I ditched atari cubase about 10 years ago, i cant cope with 16 channels of midi.

you forgot track which marked 303 as king of rave
youtube.com/watch?v=XDL569Ae5DE

There are hundreds if not thousands of well known tracks featuring a 303 or 303 sound.

One of the earliest im aware of is this from 1984.

youtube.com/watch?v=LD2oZ_VjtlI

It wasn't actually terrible at it. Turn down the resonance, don't crank the envelope/decay, and it can actually make a half decent conventional bass tone, at least for a synth. Problem is studio musicians were too retarded to take the time to figure out how to use it, since it can do all sorts of crazy sounds as well.

This one is even older and it's acid awesome.
youtube.com/watch?v=sB4RYBpwV0A

>Higher State of Consciousness
Very good.

Oh crap, is that really from 82 holy moly.

MIND IS FUCKING BLOWN, 82, HOLY FUCKING SHIT.

>tfw no qt japanese acid waifu

youtube.com/watch?v=NMmVipwwiHI

Attached: 1508274351390.jpg (793x786, 54K)

Best units were made after it was well dead in America.

Attached: le-premier-lecteur-de-mini-disc-lance-par-sony-en-1992-premier-succes-sur-le-marche_ba59d73f38a6def2 (460x519, 19K)

Acid trance was fucking great
youtu.be/d4aIrWlfAGU